The Martian Space Suit

Yup the white/grey/red one. Waiting for a response when they open back up either tomorrow or Monday.

View attachment 488722

Price would be around $90-95 plus shipping depending on how much they would charge for shipping and if I could get a discount.

$90 for a discontinued harness from 2010? Holy cow! A website says it originally retailed for $50. These Greeks drive a hard bargain!

$90 for a discontinued harness from 2010? Holy cow! A website says it originally retailed for $50. These Greeks drive a hard bargain!

They want $75 plus international shipping. Can't imagine that's cheaper than $15-$20. So I wouldn't be making anything haha. At least it's better than painting one of the grey and green ones!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, I have been a little busy.. The gloves have been a pain in the *****. I found this after looking through about 4,000 pairs of gloves on the net and every catalog I have. 34KA18_AW01.JPG Before modification, after Please excuse the crudeness, I did it on my phone.mockup.jpg

The things on the side of his helmet may be Sony Cameras I think they are HCR-A15 (Off the top of my head) I wore one in Afghanistan for a few missions. I think they 3D printed a cover.

If anyone could 3d print me one for my Note 4 I'd love it, I need one for everyday use, I'm in a wheelchair and could use it. I keep losing my phone or worse dropping it. Takes forever to pick the damn thing up.

Last edited:
I have access to a printer if anyone provides models.

ok, I have been a little busy.. The gloves have been a pain in the *****. I found this after looking through about 4,000 pairs of gloves on the net and every catalog I have.View attachment 488806 Before modification, after Please excuse the crudeness, I did it on my phone.View attachment 488808

The things on the side of his helmet may be Sony Cameras I think they are HCR-A15 (Off the top of my head) I wore one in Afghanistan for a few missions. I think they 3D printed a cover.

If anyone could 3d print me one for my Note 4 I'd love it, I need one for everyday use, I'm in a wheelchair and could use it. I keep losing my phone or worse dropping it. Takes forever to pick the damn thing up.

Those look close by part of me believes the grey on the gloves in the film were casted urethane details so it's going to be pretty tough to find the right base of the glove.

Regarding the harnesses, I wrote to the manufacturer in GB, they should come back to me on Monday, could also be an option.
Otherwise I am in for a Greek one.

And yes the Greeks are driving the hard bargain for a reason, they have no coin left. And if they keep on their course the rest of the EU will stop paying their dept.
Everyone there is more than happy about a little coin at the moment.

Regarding the harnesses, I wrote to the manufacturer in GB, they should come back to me on Monday, could also be an option.
Otherwise I am in for a Greek one.

And yes the Greeks are driving the hard bargain for a reason, they have no coin left. And if they keep on their course the rest of the EU will stop paying their dept.
Everyone there is more than happy about a little coin at the moment.

I spoke to someone at Wild Country and they said they're discontinued and he didn't know where I could get one. Then recommended me they're newer line of course haha.

A few tactical/sport glove manufacturers have come out with some "vent" gloves that feature a mesh material similar to the ones on screen. I wonder if something like this could be used as a base glove?

Hey guys, Here's a little sneak peek of something I've been working on this weekend, Also hope to be doing that cool wrist interface this week.
breastplate1.png

How about this one, I think its not quite the one but the honeycomb pattern is close. Maybe same Manufacturer.
This is a Fox Head Ranger Glove.

glove.jpg

I believe the white devices on either side of the helmet are golf or hunting rangefinders. I have not found a specific manufacturer or model though.

Yeah, so I am completely off base about the white devices on each side of the helmet. I took a look at the reference pictures posted earlier and in one, the white devices contain flashlights. Could it be a bike light...?
PressStill5.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

Yeah, so I am completely off base about the white devices on each side of the helmet. I took a look at the reference pictures posted earlier and in one, the white devices contain flashlights. Could it be a bike light...?
View attachment 489529

Cheers,
Ben

I've looked at every search result on Google, eBay, Amazon for "range finder", "hunting range finder" and "golf range finder" and nothing matches. A lot are very close though. I believe the light could just be an LED installed into the casing of a range finder. They really do have the perfect shape. Hmm.

Would anyone be interested in a run of armor/helmets as well? Working out the kinks on building it but if there's interest I'll make it available.

I've looked at every search result on Google, eBay, Amazon for "range finder", "hunting range finder" and "golf range finder" and nothing matches. A lot are very close though. I believe the light could just be an LED installed into the casing of a range finder. They really do have the perfect shape. Hmm.

Would anyone be interested in a run of armor/helmets as well? Working out the kinks on building it but if there's interest I'll make it available.

Yeah, the shape is what initially put me onto the idea of a rangefinder. It could very well just be a 3D printed part. And if it is just a light, all you would have to do is install a couple LEDs in the 3D part and you'd be good to go.

And yes, I would be interested in a run of armor/helmets.

Cheers,
Ben

Just an idea on the range finder/lights on the sides of the helmet. What if they're modified hand squeeze flashlights? Shape is similar.

rubgyc.png

Also little machined metal piece looks like Imperial insignia on office and crewman costumes.

Yeah ofcourse! but kinda wanna work on it some more before i release it to you guys, would you be interested in different parts layed out for pepekura and 3d printing maybe? Was thinking of putting a kit of some sorts together for beginners (me)

Nice :). More fodder for my 3D printer ;-).
If you need any help/assistance with the 3D file, I am happy to help if I can.

Greetings, Marius

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back