Jarnbjorn & Odinson

Kephus

Anyone have any suggestions for the best way to make jarnbjorn? My initial thought is to make the axe/metal part from foam and attach that to a real wooden handle but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Also, any tips for how to best distress a cape to look like Odinson's new cape?

jarnbjorn 01.jpg Thor Odinson 02.png

Looking forward to seeing how you tackle this. My first instinct would definitely be to go the foam and wood route, and maybe use pieces of scrap wood or dowels to make the axe head a bit sturdier.

Also shouldn't this go in the Marvel section?

Odinson and Jarnbjorn.png I made this for Magnus Beasticus (DeLions) for AX 2015. The "blade" is made out of PVC, Fir and EVA foam. The handle is Hickory. If you would like, I can post a build file but this site is very Byzantine with it's upload method so it might take a bit. Just let me know.

I showed this build to the wife. She said the best part of the build is the abs.

Thor says: I...I...I work out.

Great job on the arm piece!

Anyone have any suggestions for the best way to make jarnbjorn? My initial thought is to make the axe/metal part from foam and attach that to a real wooden handle but I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any.

Also, any tips for how to best distress a cape to look like Odinson's new cape?

View attachment 480150 View attachment 480151Well, we went to JoAnn's for the fabric, (wool-heavy, hot, but not very expensive-relatively) and then the "distressing" was just cutting it at random angles, ragged, if you will. As far as Jarnbjorn, it's made out of a spine of PVC, the Blade is a piece of Fir from Lowes and the profiles are EVA foam from Amazon. The handle is one solid piece of Hickory. A lot of grinding, sanding, sculpting and finishing, mostly with a two part epoxy, then a bit of paint. Voila'.

Re: Jarnbjorn & Odinson

This is significantly better than what I was able to come up with, I would love to see a build.

20150718_072827.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Astounding!

How did you do the arm?

NCM_0356.JPGNCM_0355.JPG32405593_1615330361917402_9184102343413596160_o.jpgI did mine from foam and wood used the scale from the Jane Foster Thor sideshow figure . I can slip the head off of the handle also the group picture has the vinework on the blade. I never got pictures of it by itself after I completed it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back