Bandai 1/72 X-Wing

mlcallanta

Its been decades since I've built any kind of plastic model, so I thought I'd practice on a few kits to possibly improve whatever skill I had in hopes of doing a bigger build project like probably a falcon. To be honest, my skill is mediocre at best and add to that - painting is my waterloo.
Anyway, I thought I'd start with something easy and after reading some info regarding Bandai kits needing little to no glue - I went ahead and purchased the small 1/72 kit.
The small bandai kit was a joy to build and I think I would also get the Vader's tie advance kit...........hmm, and maybe the upcoming Y-Wing as well. Or maybe these kits are really "easy" to begin with?

On to the pics........

IMG_2301.jpgIMG_2321.jpgIMG_2317.jpgIMG_2315.jpgIMG_2311.jpgIMG_2310.jpgIMG_2307.jpgIMG_2322.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2309.jpg
    IMG_2309.jpg
    829.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2302.jpg
    IMG_2302.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 145
BTW....I noticed that one of your decals is coming up a bit on the top right wing.

I hate using decals but I picked up some Mr. Softer and it totally helped. After you have the decal on and stuck, you wipe some of this stuff on and it softens it so ii forms to the model better. It almost melts it down so it looks more like paint.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back