Imperator Furiosa: Mad Max Fury Road

Karol

I'm hoping to identify as much of her costume parts as possible. I'm specifically hoping to find a brand/model name for her motorcycle boots and shoulder plate.

Here's a foundation for discussion. I will be uploading photos and info to this page over time.

http://madmaxcostumes.com/information/mad-max-fury-road/imperator-furiosa/

Furiosa-boots.jpgMAX_gallery_10.jpg

Aw come on guys, I just read 20 pages of magazine and boot identification on FR Mad Max, and all we get is a half hearted "probably custom or modified" on her boots.

You wound me.

Aw come on guys, I just read 20 pages of magazine and boot identification on FR Mad Max, and all we get is a half hearted "probably custom or modified" on her boots.

You wound me.

If I could see the bottom sole it would help get started on a search. Anything that looks like a logo. That's how I IDed the the boots for Max. I'm pretty sure her boots exist somewhere.

Hey everybody, new to the forum but saw this while researching to do a Imperator Furiosa Costume for my fiancé. Thought I would add to this post hopefully you enjoy what ive done so far. Last night I finally finished the upper waist belt and chest harness connecting the shoulder pad. Anyways most of the material you see here is just brown leather belts I got from a thrift store and One friendly post man who provided me a old shoulder strap from the bags they use. So no weathering required, greatest thing about thrift stores and what other people consider crap. the Other Items are bicycle Inner tube from tires, If you go to any Bicycle shop I'm sure they will give you used ones for free, which was my case, also came weathered lol, Rivets and the smaller pad from football shoulder pads. I actually just finished my Max Pad and was about to just toss the rest not knowing what to do with it and figured I use the other part for furiosa (blow torch and a lot of patience required if you want those grooved lines).

photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 5.jpg
photo.jpg

Just went to home depot too, and acquired most of the parts for her arm. So when I get finished with that, hopefully sometime this week I'll post more!

My continuing search for these boots Will destroy me. Not that I could even afford them ... but it's the principal of the thing. They style of the boot is touring motorcycle boot.

boot.jpg

For what it's worth, that type of motorcycle boot with the Velcro closures (including the low-end road racing boots) can be had on the cheap from a lot of places. Joe Rocket is a good company for boots like that in the $100-$200 range. You will find plenty out there with a nearly identical look.

My continuing search for these boots Will destroy me. Not that I could even afford them ... but it's the principal of the thing. They style of the boot is touring motorcycle boot.

View attachment 484808

I spent my afternoon trying to find these. Lots of similar boots but still no match. I know these have to exist somewhere. I'm just as determined as you so I'll keep digging!

Since I'm not in too much of a rush, I've started small - just the belt buckle so far. This is Paperclay painted with Testors and acrylics. Not a perfect replica by any means (in shape or finish), but I did my best.
IMG_2919.JPG
I'll definitely keep watching this thread as I start on the rest of the costume. Thank you all for your help!

Last edited:
Since I'm not in too much of a rush, I've started small - just the belt buckle so far. This is Paperclay painted with Testors and acrylics. Not a perfect replica by any means (in shape or finish), but I did my best.
View attachment 486283
I'll definitely keep watching this thread as I start on the rest of the costume. Thank you all for your help!

That's awesome! I was trying to decide if I wanted to make mine out of clay or metal.

I'm building this one up slowly as well. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for the shirt?

11390288_10152803250615981_7978059248106811564_n.jpg

I can't see that anyone is doing Furiosa's shift knob/bone knife, so I thought I'd share my preliminary research. Over on FB some of us affiliated with Wasteland Weekend have created some different costuming groups so feel free to come over and share the love. https://www.facebook.com/groups/782233038550315/

I'm not sure whether it's a left or right femur (some people are really picky about screen accuracy) so I ordered this pair from eBay:

$(KGrHqRHJ!4FBQ!sVjWMBRyO9IVccg~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Halloween-H...e-Human-Skeleton-Left-Right-NEW-/190742405083

The screen-used knife looked a lot like a WW1 trench knife. I got a (smaller?) knife from a friend that I'm hoping is suitable; again, this is all preliminary.

FullSizeRender-1.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

I'll be looking to grab screen shots from the various videos posted online so I'll share what I find.

One more thing about Furiosa: That little cylinder in her shoulder plate is a model airplane engine cylinder. (I guess it's supposed to power the arm, but have you ever heard one run in real life?)

Babe Bee - Customized Cox 049 Model Airplane Engine 1.jpg

So im just about finished with this build for my fiancé the arm was no easy task and im starting today on the hand, which will be no easy task.
Most of the items I acquired from home depot and Michaels supplies for the arm probably ran me $30. Still trying to figure out what to use for that huge Clamp finger on her hand, so if you have any suggestions let me know. Also any feed back on this would be great, Thanks Guys!

photo 2.JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 2 (1).JPGphoto 3 (1).JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5 (2).JPGphoto.JPG

Attachments

• photo 5 (1).JPG
    photo 5 (1).JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 214
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back