Kylo Ren: Belt WIP & Guide

Sni9er

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys thought i;d share my work on the belt as well as making it a short guide for the leather uninitiated

this is the schematic i'l be working too the dimensions are all extrapolated from my Buckle build of 5 inch height:

cCqOYiD.png

anyway I spent a while in the leather shop today to find the right hide the guys in my local shop are always super helpful and pointed me towards this split hide i like it as it's nice flat and heavy

here is it next to my buckle and 2 3/8th straps which are too bIg currently, so using my stap cutter i dropped them down to 1/2 inch to match the exhibit:

SyIIRpH.jpg

(old on the top new on the bottom)

the next step was to cut my stitch groove with a groove cutter, set to 1/4 of an inch:
w7Syf7e.jpg

result:
Zzv12aO.jpg

i did the same to the base belt leather so i can line my sitches up and ensure the streap is in perfect simetry with the edge
Q8voxGb.jpg

all the grooves cut:
LGHg3lJ.jpg

next i used a 6 stich per inch pin wheel to mark my holes on the outer and main belt leather:

rGxRWMi.jpg

and a little preview of the stitch wheel marks i'll sew this up tomorrow and add more information :)

bQnZNW8.jpg

Wow!!!... Fantastic Luke!... You truly are a man of many talents and many trades!... Thanks for showing us all how you are accomplishing this.... Can't wait to see all of it together!

So until i find the saber clip i just printed mine for now i will release the file after i check it on a saber ^^:

drZmyEB.jpg

pHTTBrn.jpg

excuse the half finished belt sewing haven't had time/been slacking so haven't finished sewing the belt haha it took my 3 hours to sew one strip on ! i'll post the process of that for educational purposes later today. good things come to those who wait and all that

Original:

ExNmOxF.jpg

on reflection i can see how to improve my mesh the baseplate needs to be wider if I use the M3 Hex countersunk screws as a reference i need to increase the base width by about 10mm each side and also improve the countersunk depth slightly for a flush fit

Last edited:
Maybe this can help you :

I started to build 3D shape from picture with "Match Photo" tool (Sketchup).

This is the result :

I Used AutoCAD to scale it good. and transform to have a good dimention (i.e. 12 not 11.9015246)
well this is the Result:

And the Pdf version:
LINK

nice work I knew I forgot something (to make it wider)

also FYI i think the bottom two holes can be flat on your drawing as I feel these are probably rivets due to the mangled nature of the head haha

Last edited:
I'll happily offer my finished template/guide to all once it's finished

Sounds GREAT to me! Please share the type/weight of leather with us that you used. Also, are you going to do a run on the saber clip? If not, how do I go about getting one based on your design? Thanks for the help/info. Your belt & saber clip look GREAT!(y)cool

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back