Jack Sparrow's -DeadManTellNoTales- Costume Updates

Can you get these guys to send you a better picture of the actual buckle? I may be able to replicate it.
I don't think many Jack fans will want to adopt this massive size belt buckle as not only it will be fairly heavy but also the belt itself will be hard to come by.

Hey Martin, That is a great Job dude! Where did you get the reference picture for all the intricate details and how big is this buckle?
Looks like it is either bronze or brass, am I right? How much does it weigh?

rules of this forum are really Rigorous so i cant put price here ..
so if you wanna more info of my props.. add me on my sales account ( facebook )
cornejo cristian.

cheers pirates !.

View attachment 504322Great job everyone for finding all these costume pieces. I decided to make my own belt buckle a little while ago ~ I believe it's the first replica from the new movie...

I just purchased two of these with faux snake vinyl from Aquamanx. the quality of these buckles cannot be understated. They are beautiful pieces and well worth the purchase

Here’s a step by step guide on transforming a regular Plug Bayonet and toy dagger into Jack Sparrows Plug Bayonet…The bayonet I picked up from Denix Replicas in their sale for £37.00/$46.00 including P&P, the toy was from a novelty shop for £4.00/$5.00, other things you need are chrome spray paint £6.00/$7.00, boot polish £1.00/$1.25, matt varnish spray £6.00/$7.00 and Gorilla Glue 2-Part Epoxy Syringe £4.00/$5.00…First thing was sanding the hilt where it tapers out wide, reducing this also makes the ball part look bigger…Then the top brass section/pommel and the brass cross section/guard need grinding down on the bayonet, the cross section/guard need shaping to a peg to fit the toy cross/guard sections over, these should be a tight snug fit, mix the epoxy glue and fill the plastic with it then slide over the pegs, wipe the glue away that comes out but leave enough so when you come to do fine sanding the plastic and glue will blend in with the brass…Take the plastic top section/pommel off the toy dagger and glue over the brass peg on top doing the same with excess glue then leave for 24 hours to set solid…Once you have fine sanded the plastic and solid glue to blend into the brass work spray with chrome spray, once dry take the boot polish and dab it all over and as it starts to dry stipple with the sponge part of the polish bottle, once dry this will give you a weathered metal effect, the hilt you can either stain black or spray black …Then spray the hilt, the guard and pommel with a matt varnish spray (or gloss if you want a shine to it)…The sheath brass parts were sprayed with chrome spray paint and then weathered the same way as mentioned, the brown leather then had a few layers of black shoe polish coated over it to darken it, then this was also sprayed with matt varnish…And there you have it Jacks new Plug Bayonet…This came in at under £60.00/$72.00 saving you hundreds on replicas or thousands if you buy an antique…Hope this helps anyone who fancies having a go…
29.jpg

29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got one of the new "skull" cast belt buckles from Aquamanx, along with the snakeskin-print fabric to make the new built. Substantial and impressive casting!

ALso, what does his new knuckle tats say??? And for those doing a wig! Don't forget the new sparrow bird skull and bones!

hey Mate! Just lettin you know that his bone on his wig is tied differently on DMTNT than OST! So if ya wanna be picky you should make it hang under the pony tail rather than in front

Ha Ha! To me those are such minor details. My DMTNT wig is my OST wig with the new additions. Been using it for 7 years now so it is good as is.....

- - - Updated - - -

Same reason why I'm not updating my leather glove. That was a change made to adapt to Depp's broken finger so to me that is not canon.

Ok! So i have watched these movies since I was little and am finally starting a REAL Captain Jack costume! I have made a list of most of the pieces I think I will be needing, and it is looking like quite a big list. So I am currently working on a wig, and have ordered the bandanna from magnoli, as soon as that is done, where do I start with trinkets and beads in the hair?! It is so fricken complicated I have no idea where to start. Ideas? I was thinking the danglie, but IDK where the best option would be available. I am on a tight budget seeing as I am in high school

One says JACK and the other JAKCView attachment 736879
looks like Ol Captain Jack is becoming one of the blues brothers

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing his only things are the jacket pants boots and whatever is under the jacket. The baldric looks really big on him and Depp isn't wearing his, so I'm assuming he let the kid wear his beldric, hat, and hold his sword

Could you possibly post pictures of your whole wig? I'm making my first one with little resources, it'd be very nice if I could see where all the little details go! Do you have any tips for me? To make the actual dreads itself I've been watching the wig tutorial Allyson Tabitha has on youtube. My dreads always come out looking awful!

It is alive-ish, most of the Jack discussions end up on the different facebook groups these days but I do know a few Jacks still come on here for other costume and prop stuff.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back