the dark knight batcage

small update since my welding guy was busy with fireman training me and my friends debated if we put a floor around it .
Since it will be show at several cons safety we decided for a floor so here is a picture of cage bottom in what will look like a concrete floor.

The Floor is just big enough for the doors to rest on the floor (again safety) cause this cage is Top Heavy and has more chance to fall over if we didn't do it like this.

11921796_1631251460493815_4216505351415924349_n.jpg

Yarooon this is looking very nice mate! You've literally read my mind! I've always been a batman fanatic and have always wanted a proper suit for display at home, and now that I can afford it I got myself a Hot Toys Batman Armory 1:6 scale as prototype and was planning on starting this project once I source the suit (not planning on building it since I lack the skill and experience!).

I will def be following up on this project, will be taking notes ;) good luck!

im not displaying at home mate its to big to stay at home unfortunatly
im building so i can show it at the rpf stand at facts in belgium

small update too because in steel it was becomming heavy and mobility is an issue then im making the doors in wood and paint in hammered steel ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441044325.355237.jpg
painted the top adding lights this week
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441044352.738806.jpg
close up of paint how it looks ( just the primer)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441044380.471890.jpg
part of the floor was painted in same primer allready
other part will be done today aswell as bottom

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441102725.104849.jpg
top has gotten second layer of paint now ill be making it look like wet concrete next
lights casings are installed too ( need to be made to look like not new)

floor has been painted aswell as the cage piece
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441102835.316073.jpg
and i just cut the nameplate that will sit in the floor
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441102905.879773.jpg

big update
ill add the pics now text later ;)
image.jpg
first door is inside the cage wich means we can hold it upright with not much problems beams in circles will not be seen
here is how it looks with tubes final will be over complete length
image.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442440817.063958.jpg lights installed foamies cut for gadget boxes
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442440831.255210.jpg
this one sits allready flush :-D
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442440916.372099.jpg
this one needs some more cutting to be done im defiating a bit of the 1:6 cage
adding small welding thingies with hot glue to the boxes to cover up measureing mistakes :p Doors will have these too it makes it more like made in a cave

hope you like the update next one will be with doors in it hopefully boxes installed too

View attachment 529505 lights installed foamies cut for gadget boxes
View attachment 529506
this one sits allready flush :-D
View attachment 529510
this one needs some more cutting to be done im defiating a bit of the 1:6 cage
adding small welding thingies with hot glue to the boxes to cover up measureing mistakes :p Doors will have these too it makes it more like made in a cave

hope you like the update next one will be with doors in it hopefully boxes installed too
Loving this build cant wait to see it all come together excellent [emoji106] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is great and best part is ill be able to see it for real once its done. :p

You gonna get it done for this years facts?

This is great and best part is ill be able to see it for real once its done. :p

You gonna get it done for this years facts?

thats the plan some small details won't be there yet but most of it will be done ;) painting today ;) and finishing some gadgets

only 4 of the 6 boxes will be ready so cage will have 4 instead of 6 boxes in cage

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back