Definitive Harley Quinn suicide squad thread

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Here's my costume from last night. When we were leaving, there was a Joker mustang parked in front of the theatre. How cool is that?

You can see I have the jacket, too, but it was 90 degrees yesterday. So that can wait for Halloween. I'm planning to work on it a little more anyway. I have the ring to do. I'll make a holster and gun. Maybe a real bat.

Has anyone written out the entire poem yet? Now that there's tons of reference for the bat. Wanted to know if there's an accurate (correct) poem other than trying to piece it together from multiple photos.

Ah NVM - found it on page 6. Anyone made a stencil yet?

First time posting on this site!
Thanks to Manimaloden for writing out the poem and pensive for posting pics of the Factory Entertainment replica, I'm pretty sure I got the entire bat text.

ahhahahahahaha
Hush little baby don't say a word
Mama's gonna kill for you
the whole damn world. And if the
world should wonder why, Mama's
gonna make it cry and cry
All the weirdos and the freaks won't
lay a finger on me, 'cause everyone
knows who's my baby. Hahahahahaha
Hey baby want me to teach
these losers a lesson? Eat your
heart out. Hush little baby
don't say a word. Mama's gonna
kill for you the whole damn
world. And if the world don't
wonder why, Mama's gonna
make them cry and cry
And laugh and laugh. I mean
tears of laughter. Oh my
God you're funny
You're killing me!
Laughter and lies
puddin and pie.
All the weirdos and
freaks can't lay
a finger on me. Everyone knows
who's my baby. My baby
likes me to wear a
smile to work. Good thing I
like to swing this bat.
Does that make me batty?
You're killing me. Am
I killing you? Wanna play?
Hahahahahaha

Then in red, diagonally between the lines:
Hush little baby
You're the whole damn world
Killing me
You're so funny
No I'm
Hush little baby
Killing you
You're killing me
HaHaHaHaHaHa

I got one of those foam bats because I'll be wearing my costume at the movie theatre and they have a no weapons policy, obviously. They allowed light sabers and my toy Rey staff, so I assume a foam bat will be acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a stencil using screens from YouTube video Adam Savage's Tested: "Black Panther and Suicide Squad Prop Replicas!".
bat-4.jpg
My final work:
baseballbat.jpg
My calligraphy 3 out 10, that is why I can't reach full similarity as original. Bryan Ono from eFX made font not the same as on movie, but very close to original.
bat-12.jpg

My props replica:
_DSC2352.jpgil_570xN.1016020616_9ve0.jpg

I finished the Mallet I was making yesterday. Here are some pictures of the finished product.
The head is made of 8 inch diameter smooth pine. I created a stencil for the sharpie writing and the smile. I also created a stencil for the check to keep it consistent. I weathered it with various hammered and pipes. The handle was repainted to match closer to the original. I then dirtied it up with black over spray.
2iG5vFL.jpgkEbxkZk.jpgVEIk0rp.jpgEhVydx1.jpgy4mBody.jpg

Is there a good source for the Suicide Squad Harley Shoes?

I bought mine on amazon. The seller was procosplay. They were called "Suicide Squad Harley Quinn Cosplay Shoes / Boots mp002858", and I paid about $54. When I clicked on my past purchase, it looks like they are being sold by different sellers now, for more money. I was pretty happy with the ones I got. They aren't 100% screen accurate, but they fit and were comfortable as far as heels go. (I'm a flats girl.) However, there was one of the lace eyelets right on my ankle that I didn't realize was rough until I was wearing them for a couple hours. Wore a painful hole into my ankle after a while.

You can see my pictures a few posts back. To see how they look.

I'm pretty sure the real addidas ones are from a few years back and would be hard to find and really expensive.

Last edited:
I finished the Mallet I was making yesterday....The head is made of 8 inch diameter smooth pine.
For those who need something that can be taken into weapons-restrictive cons, I made mine out of a foam yoga roll I got for $5 at Five Below. It is 6" in diameter and cut down to 12" long; I made it for a girl who's only 5', so the slightly smaller size actually looks correct on her. I used a soldering iron to melt the scarring into the faces and make the torn pieces look more like chipped wood. I sealed the foam with a light pass of a heat gun and a light coat of wood glue, then painted it with acrylics. The whole thing was sealed against chipping by a matte lacquer spray. I used a simple wooden dowel from the craft store for the handle. I see now I made the diamonds too big (and too few) so I'll probably repaint it. This was a last minute addition to the costume when I spotted the foam roll on a shopping trip, and it only took me about two hours to make, using a heat gun to help dry glue and paint between layers.
mallet1.jpgmallet2.jpgmallet3.jpg

For those who need something that can be taken into weapons-restrictive cons,
I was going for a more Screen accurate prop more so than a functional one. I do like yours and I bet it is a lot lighter. I think that some cons might be ok with the big wood hammer but definitely not all of them.

I bought mine on amazon.

I'm pretty sure the real addidas ones are from a few years back and would be hard to find and really expensive.
Mine came in a bit tight, so I'd recommend buying at least a half-size larger. Screen-accurate is hard to get with these because the shape of the heel is wrong (too chunky). The cobblers I've talked to are telling me that because the heel was made in one piece with the rest of the bottom, it would require replacing the entire sole to swap out the heel, and it will cost more than I can afford to spend. I added red stripes under the blacks and Adidas logos to the tongues to mimic the ones on the originals. There are a few more tweaks I need to do to bring them closer to the screen version (like shiny material on the heels), but I've got another two months before the ComicCon the outfit will be shown in to get them done.

The originals were expensive to begin with, and are now only available from resellers, as far as I can see, and the price has gone up to something in the $500 range.

Last edited:
I made a stencil using screens from YouTube video Adam Savage's Tested: "Black Panther and Suicide Squad Prop Replicas!".

My final work:
View attachment 651693
My calligraphy 3 out 10, that is why I can't reach full similarity as original. Bryan Ono from eFX made font not the same as on movie, but very close to original.

Would you be willing to share your stencil? Was it something you printed and stuck onto the bat? Or did you just eyeball it? I'm trying to decide how to get the most screen accurate print since I'm not great at cursive.

So I don't know if this is the place to post this, but I just wanna share
I made Harley's Bat for my girlfriend, but changed it for our anniversary (her nickname is Cool Gil, and the letters are our songs)
db120d64a27761be29d67d9b5c4b3a9a_thumb.jpg
4b6e32831d524ab85e8ba86600738a23_thumb.jpg

As far as actual advice for the real prop goes, I found that using a 33 inch Louisville Slugger works well, the only problem is that you have to sand down the bat to remove the logos that are imprinted into the wood. You also have to sand down the rest of the meat of the bat (the wide part), since it is coated in a shiny sealer, otherwise the sharply won't stick to the wood.

Edit:
The pictures are seriously low quality from the upload, I'll try to fix it when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello all!!
I am in the process of gathering everything, for my costume, and am currently focusing on the shoes. So, I was just wondering if anyone else has bought a pair of the cosplay shoes and has any input. I did see jen3rabbits Said that they hurt her feet after a while. Oh and EvilEmpryss said to get a half size bigger. I just want to make sure, even though they are pretty much the only option to buy, that they will last at least a few times wearing them!
:lol

Thanks in advance!!
~I Athena I

P.S. Everyone is looking GREAT so far!! And I give you guys props for figuring out the poem can't wait to have a bat!

Hello all!!
I am in the process of gathering everything, for my costume, and am currently focusing on the shoes. So, I was just wondering if anyone else has bought a pair of the cosplay shoes and has any input. I did see jen3rabbits Said that they hurt her feet after a while. Oh and EvilEmpryss said to get a half size bigger. I just want to make sure, even though they are pretty much the only option to buy, that they will last at least a few times wearing them!
:lol

Thanks in advance!!
~I Athena I

P.S. Everyone is looking GREAT so far!! And I give you guys props for figuring out the poem can't wait to have a bat!

To be clear, my feet didn't hurt from the fit of the shoes. As far as comfort and wearability, they are surprisingly good. My problem is that one of the eyelets or grommets was rough in the back. So before you wear them, I would recommend running your finger over all the grommets and make sure there are no sharp edges.
The shoes seem sturdy and pretty well made. I don't know if they are good for daily use, but they should hold up for a couple cons.

To be clear, my feet didn't hurt from the fit of the shoes. As far as comfort and wearability, they are surprisingly good. My problem is that one of the eyelets or grommets was rough in the back. So before you wear them, I would recommend running your finger over all the grommets and make sure there are no sharp edges.
The shoes seem sturdy and pretty well made. I don't know if they are good for daily use, but they should hold up for a couple cons.

Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear they are comfortable and sturdy. That makes sense about the eyelets, no big deal.
Thanks again!
:) :D
~ I Athena I

The ring finally came in and it looks amazing! I'm debating on having the band portion resized, cause it's not very snug... but that may not be smart with the moving parts. I'll be running it through some tests tomorrow. The plan is still to have it cast and plated gold.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/29cxe39.jpg

http://oi63.tinypic.com/awuceq.jpg

I know some of you are interested in having a copy. I haven't forgotten! I'll need to finish my own before I consider commissions. No guarantee I won't run into problems.

This is incredible! Very interested in one if you decide to take commissions :)

Here's an image I made of the bat to verify sizes. I scaled the image to be 33" long (fits perfectly across 3 standard printer paper sheets).

Harley%20Quinn%20Bat%20Text_zpsmllas47a.jpg

I also made stencils for the "GOOD NIGHT" text. Still working on the cursive handwriting. And in case anyone missed it, I corrected some of the text based on videos / screenshots. Updates in red:

Black / Blue:

shhhhhhahahahaha

• 5 "S's", and 5 sets of "ha's"

Hush little baby don't say a word
Mama's gonna kill for you the
whole damn world. And if the
world should wonder why, Mama's
gonna make it cry and cry.
All the weirdos and the freaks won't
Lay a finger on me, 'cause everyone
knows who's my baby. Hahahahahaha
Hey baby want me to teach
these losers a lesson? Eat your
heart Out. Hush little baby
don't say a word. Mama's gonna
kill for you the whole damn
world. And if the world don't
wonder why, Mama's gonna
make em cry and cry and
Laugh and laugh. I mean
Tears of laughter. Oh my
God. You're so funny
You're killing me!
Laughter and lies
puddin and pie.
All the weirdos and
freaks can't lay
a finger on me. Everyone
knows who's my baby. My boss
likes me to wear a
smile to work. Good thing I
like to swing this bat.
Does that make me batty?
You're killing me. Am
I killing you? Wanna play Daddy?
Hahaha!

Then in red, diagonally between the lines:

Hush little baby
You're the whole damn world
Killing me
You're so funny
nO I'm
Hush little baby
Killing you
You're killing me
or am I killing you?
HAHAHA HA

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back