COMPLETE! "It's About Time!" Starcraft II Jim Raynor Armor *PIC HEAVY*

I can't believe this. I'm literally here in awe, my mouth still hanging open like a barn door, still wondering if I'm actually awake or dreaming, unable to believe that you've built this. Freaking incredible! This is exactly what I wanted to build on my own years back, but thought it would be an impossible task. And you've not only done it, you absolutely knocked it out of the park (...stadium, city, Earth, even space and time).

And you're even a gentleman champ for your willingness to help others out with all manner of tips, measurements, blueprints, files, etc.

Major props to you, Wiggs. You are the hero Gotham deserves.

Hi Dear Wig!
It's too great to see your fabulous works!That looks just like Sheriff Jim Raynor comes out off my screen!
Actually I'm planning to build my own CMC armor,and that's why I could be here and shocked so much!If reasonable,may I have some advice of you about measuring and blueprinting stuffs?
Much thanks!Great works!

Very welcome all! And thanks much - Sure thing I'm happy to help out. PM me and I can send you the blueprint I made, that should at least help get you started. As for the PVC, I'm just over 200 lbs and it holds me up just fine! Granted, I only built them about 6 inches tall and I'd imagine the taller you go the more support you'll need to keep them sturdy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On a side note, I've got another project going but need some fundage to get it rolling, so I may just be putting Ol' Jimmy up for sale. He hasn't been to Blizzcon yet so if you know someone who wants a chance to hang with some of the best cosplayers in the world, hit me up! I'll be posting it around in the next couple weeks so PM me to beat em to the punch!

Quoting you so you see this.
But I was just checking the news feed on my phone and your armor had a whole article, but it was dated June of 2017. Kinda weird its showing up now, but still cool to see something like that in the feed.
Still so awesome to see this cosplay.
Been playing through SC2 again this last week.

Very welcome all! And thanks much - Sure thing I'm happy to help out. PM me and I can send you the blueprint I made, that should at least help get you started. As for the PVC, I'm just over 200 lbs and it holds me up just fine! Granted, I only built them about 6 inches tall and I'd imagine the taller you go the more support you'll need to keep them sturdy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On a side note, I've got another project going but need some fundage to get it rolling, so I may just be putting Ol' Jimmy up for sale. He hasn't been to Blizzcon yet so if you know someone who wants a chance to hang with some of the best cosplayers in the world, hit me up! I'll be posting it around in the next couple weeks so PM me to beat em to the punch!

Not sure if that last message quoted or not, so going to try again just incase.

Damn im late to the party, but may i just say that i've read every single one of your posts and i freaking love it, so much details put into this project, i know that the Terran Marine armor is made after Warhammer but they look much better imo. Congrats man on finishing this.

Trabalho muito,muito bom. Realmente impressionante. Gostaria de poder fazer uma aqui no Brazil no Rio Grande do Sul,onde moro.
Onde você tirou as medidas para confeccionar? Você tem o projeto com as medidas? Quanto tempo você levou para fazer?
Grande abraço e parabéns pelo trabalho

Trabalho muito,muito bom. Realmente impressionante. Gostaria de poder fazer uma aqui no Brazil no Rio Grande do Sul,onde moro.
Onde você tirou as medidas para confeccionar? Você tem o projeto com as medidas? Quanto tempo você levou para fazer?
Grande abraço e parabéns pelo trabalho
Thank you! I used a CAD program and started with a figure with my same measurements, then built the suit around it. That way when I went to print out the templates they were the right measurements. The whole process took me almost two years. If you do decide to try to build one of your own, don't hesitate to ask for some guidelines, I'm happy to help! I have a few templates that I'd be happy to share with you. Good luck and thanks again!

Thank you! I used a CAD program and started with a figure with my same measurements, then built the suit around it. That way when I went to print out the templates they were the right measurements. The whole process took me almost two years. If you do decide to try to build one of your own, don't hesitate to ask for some guidelines, I'm happy to help! I have a few templates that I'd be happy to share with you. Good luck and thanks again!
I'd like to give this a shot, I'd appreciate any templates you still have. I've messaged you privately. Awesome project!

Breaks my heart but I'm selling this suit. Check it out in the Junkyard. Take a look and don't hesitate to ask questions. Never did make it to Blizzcon, but YOU can! Make history as you walk the floor with the very best Cosplayers in the world! PM or email me for details.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back