TIE helmet

Raffles

Sr Member
I'm having trouble reshaping my rubies TIE helmet at the ears.

I've tried using hot water but it just seems to return to its original shape after a while.

Any suggestions?

35 pages of topics on the TIE bucket here:
http://omegawing.net/forum/viewforum.php?f...=0&start=20

You have to hold it or brace it into shape as it cools..Some have had luck using a hairdryer to warm into shape, then putting it into the fridge to cool..sometimes using edge moulding and fiberglassing the interior with wooden earwell shapes will do it..my suggestion would be to sell that one and get a good kit or look for a DP/CA at a good price..unfortunaely, most of the old DP/S's and newer Rubies have that problem..

(Vincent Price is hawt..:) )
J.

Check over on omegawing theres some templates there to cut out some blocks out of wood or mdf that they install inside the ear pieces to stop them reverting back to the warped shape :)

Yep, tried those but I think they may not be thick enough. I go by Vulture on the Omega board. :) Are they supposed to be the full depth of the ears?

I did one of those & used 1/2 birch ply & glassed over that..about 1/2 the int. depth of the earwell
J. (aka Arx)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back