Pepakura Dredd Helmet Build

Miggins

Just a quick post to thank Dung0Beetle and Blaxmyth for their Dredd Helmet Pepakura file.

This is the first pep i have ever attempted and i learnt a lot (and made a lot of mistakes).

Attachments

• MONTAGE.jpg
    MONTAGE.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 296
  • FINAL.jpg
    FINAL.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 186
Excellent work!.....I sold my finished build before I got to the second layer.....see my sig....your build looks good....did you enjoy the sanding of body filler...???:lol

Wow, such a nice finish.
This was inspirational,. I need to finish mine,. but I got stuck in the sanding,. Ohhh the sanding...

How did you get the nice extra hight,. I see some squares there,. Is it just wood? Did you cover them or remove them?

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

RogueTrooper - The bodyfiller was "uncooperative" :D. Joking aside I bought a mouse sander during making this and that was a godsend. It was also the first time I have used spot filler, really helped sharpen the lines.

MaarekSteele - Extra Height? Do you mean the raised edge with foam tape (third image from top left) I used those squares (which were just foam tape) as height markers while applying the bondo. This was one of my many mistakes and removed them for further bondo applications

It seems like a few forum members that have tried this, but got sick of the sanding, sanding and more sanding (did I mention the sanding?).

I started this around xmas and left it alone for months because I was sick of looking at it. I remember times when the paper model would show through the bondo and the more you sanded it down the rougher it got. I had to grind out the offending area with a dremel and refill it with auto filler.

Then there was time I masked off and spray painted the red "band". It went on perfectly - sharp lines, no overspray. Then I went over it with clear coat and the surface went all "crackly". I think I was painting when it was too cold. I was so angry I nearly smashed the helmet.

I totally understand the sentiments of the above comments.Before this I had done a few foam pepakura helmets (Batman, Captain America) and I can see why its become popular. A LOT faster and easier than the cardboard/bondo method

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back