Shoulder puller design and pics request.

Fabian 71

Hi guys, I searched about the "shoulder puller" a device that permits to make the base to the buttons and glass eye in a tube for a graflex replica any of you have pics or info about how to make one??

Thanks in advance!!

Nevermind...I foundt it!!!

GraflexPullerTool_03.jpg73935230103_0_ALB.jpgPuller1.jpgView(4).jpgView(7).jpgView(22).jpgGraflexPullerTool_03.jpgGraflex Shoulder tool.jpg

Last edited:
I inquired about this in the past, but seems no one had one any longer, and no one was making them... But good luck! I have a scratch built ROTJ MOM Vader saber that is without a pulled socket... would have been nice at the time.

NeoRutty I sold my ANH replica and my next stop is a ROTJ STUNT saber and a Ep. 7 Graflex ...by the way your saber is great!!!

This is what I achieved with my tool I had to make some changes to the tooling , you can see the marks it left in the brass . In future replicas the marks are not going to happen
(I hope...).shoulder2.jpgshoulder.jpg

Last edited:
NeoRutty I sold my ANH replica and my next stop is a ROTJ STUNT saber and a Ep. 7 Graflex ...by the way your saber is great!!!

Thanks! ROTJ Stunt is maybe my favorite... Which seems blasphemy cuz my grail saber is real parts Obi...

but there's something about it's slapped together brilliance. Look forward to your build - I assume you're going for scratch built? Roy (wannawanga) is looking to make parts down the line... so I'll likely make one with his parts on a Roman graflex... Can't have too many versions...

yep, totally scratch built, instead of buying a Parks I prefer using the same amount of money in making tools thats allow me to achieve the most accurate replica I can, and is a lot of fun the process.
when I finished my replica I couldnt believe how similar it looked to the real thing, despite the obvious inaccuracies.Im looking forward to Roy stuff regarding the ROTJ.

I have one. Not for sale though.

Hey James! What does yours look like?

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I achieved with my tool I had to make some changes to the tooling , you can see the marks it left in the brass . In future replicas the marks are not going to happen (I hope...)

Hey Fabian! Have you practiced with your tool lately? I'm curious to see what your final results are!

Awesome! I love that you engraved it! Thank you for posting the pictures James.

Do you use bearing grease or something similar inside and out to allow the tube metal to glide past the tool while forming the shoulder? I'm thinking that would help prevent rub marks on the tubing.

I tried making one of these a few months ago but it didn't work too well. Maybe Ill give it another shot. I have 9 Vader ROTJ shrouds so I need to figure out something! Thanks for the pics!

Hey Gang! Has anyone ever tried to cast the inside of a GRAFLEX shoulder?

I'm thinking:
1. Pour wax into tube.
2. Make an investment mold (or a silicone mold if you want to make multiple copies) of the hardened wax 'positive'.
3. Pour steel into the mold.
4. Tap threads into it.
5. Trim out the 'nut'.

Then do the same for the outside to make your shoulder shape accurate. Put part A together with part B and tighten on a bolt.

VOILA! GRAFLEX SHOULDERS as far as the eye can see!!!

You could also take measurements of the castings and mill out a new 'puller' at a machine shop. I'm still surprised that with today's modern technologies, that none of the GRAFLEX replicas have accurate shoulders.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back