PKD - Raptor: A Concept Gun Design for Gaff

I just figured it out. That is very unfortunate. All my images were hosted by them and unless I upgrade to their premium account all links are gone. Bad day for me.
You should be able to log in to Photophucket and download all your images. Either individually or as a zipped archive for each album.

Then ... upload to another site with less business model seppuku tendencies. I use Imgur for social media posting, used to use Flickr (much more pro photog tools, with added capability with $ subscription). Both have tools to give you third party hosting/linking code in BBcode, HTML, etc.

Then either edit your post #1 (or ask a mod to if you can't), change the IMG tags from the old link to the new links on your new photo hosting site.

Time-consuming, but doable.

Thank you guys. According to an article I read on Yahoo Financial, this is a problem for all users of that service. I will not be upgrading to their pro service. It's just not feasible for me to do so. Until I have time to re-post the images through another service, I just added my flicker link to the Gaff gun, as well as the deviant art link, to page one.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Rick

After researching other 3rd party hosting services, I have come to the conclusion that upgrading with my current provider will be the most reliable and expeditious solution to this issue. I hope I am correct.

Rick

After researching other 3rd party hosting services, I have come to the conclusion that upgrading with my current provider will be the most reliable and expeditious solution to this issue. I hope I am correct.

Rick

Rick, did you prototype this gun up ? I just found this on the internet:

27a1888258a4eeebc931641247936d1f--blade-runner-shotgun.jpg

:confused

Hi,

No. I did not make that. I have no idea who did. I do intend to 3D print my model one day, once I am able to return to a shop environment. I am flattered that someone took the time to make a version for themselves. I would be interested to know more about it.

Thanks for letting me know.

Sincerely,

Rick

Rick, did you prototype this gun up ? I just found this on the internet:

View attachment 763585

:confused

It REALLY IS a GORGEOUS design!!!... Just like every other blaster you've done! ;)

Cheers!!
-B89!

Thank you all for your kind comments! I sincerely appreciate them. I look forward making this one most of all. If and when I am able to return to the shop, this one is top on my list followed by my G.I. Joe Spinner. Best laid plans of mice and men, though. I will do my best to see them finished. :)

Rick

KINDLE_CAMERA_1544110693000.jpg
I know this is an old thread , but Doppelganger 01 has asked me to share my knowledge of the El Dorado Shotgun..this gun also featured in THE REBEL TV show and as far as I can tell it's a 1878 Colt .. I did a build of a similar gun that was in 3:10 to Yuma the 50s original..but that one has a stock & is my fave movie shotgun..I used a Denix, and most of the work was in the finish..they also used a repop 78 adapted to look 8 guage in APPALOOSA .. There was a blank firing prop that was still 12 guage inside ..a mock 8 for close up shell loading and a prop rubber cast..check out SKS 1878 Appaloosa for the build, that's what I searched and found the site..anyone in to western guns let me know..again cheers to Doppelganger 01 .. Here is a pick for him ..

Thank you, Simiouno!

I was hoping that someone knew more about the El Dorado sawed-off shotgun. It has always been among my favorite film props. That and the Josh Randall gun were unique designs from western lore. I was pleasantly surprised to see the former used in Star Trek TOS. Now I will have to see that episode of Rebel. Do you remember the name of the episode? As I mentioned to you before, I noticed it in a promo for H&I. Thank you for share the image of you version.

Sincerely,

Rick

He has it in the first episode , towards the end .. THE REBEL ( Johnny Yuma ) it's his dad's gun who was the Sheriff of Johnny's town..My gun has a stock & is the 3:10 to YUMA gun 50s original version with Glenn Ford ..

If you look at his rig in Dorado you'll see a brass cup around it , I think it's made from a Trapdoor Springfield saddle boot..also a similar holster in The Rebel for his pistol and Mano had one in High Chaparral .. Hondo had the same style in the 60 tv show .. the Mano rig was by Andy Anderson who made Clints rig & the Vin holster for original Mag 7 ..A lot of props got re-used in movies and tv, there's a definite through line ..

You are definitely very knowledgeable about these old guns. I am so glad you contacted me on Deviant Art yesterday about this. You have reawakened my interest in recreating Mississippi's gun as a digital model. Regarding the reuse of props in multiple productions, this interests me greatly. It took me 40 years to make the ST-TOS connection. Beyond the more obvious re-purposing of some Galactica props in Buck Rogers, I am sure there are many other instances of this than we realize. I have another thread on the RPF about the use and reuse of the AR-7 Explorer rifle in the Dean Martin Matt Helm films, the James Bond film, FRWL, Futureworld, and the Buck Roger's promo poster. I would love it if someone would write a book on this subject.

One of the JOSEY WALES Colt Walkers was also in Lonesome Dove , Long Riders , Three Amigos , Tom Horn..They where converted to fire 38 cal blanks..I've got some old 5 in 1 empty shells still in the box from Stembridge rentals , they supplied most of this movie stuff..As a super obscure one , the rifle Calamity Jane has on the stagecoach at the top of the movie is the Winchester from the movie Hondo with JW.. he Only used that exact loop shape in that movie ..There are loads of re - use Guns in Hollywood movies and even in Spaghetti Westerns ! !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back