Kylo Ren Saber hollow hilt for electronics

That looks so great. I'm printing one out over the week. It's already looking pretty rough though. This is my first 3D print build so I'm using it to prototype electronics since the thing is coming out pretty ugly.. Going to use a arduino micro controller and sound board. Not sure which LED set up, either going to chain LED's or Neopixels. I'm also making my own custom sounds that I have been ripping from the trailers.

Thank you very much for sharing the files! I printed them at home with this as the result.

19686_821422447948735_6299124837323603947_n.jpg11167851_821422397948740_6042423357062471374_n.jpg

I'm trying another service called sculpteo.com i am recieving my first prints in a day or two... It was about 15-20% cheaper than shapeways when selecting the economy option. Ill let you guys know how it turned out and if they are good ill make them available for purchase. I first want to check the quality my self.

And I know shapeways are a bit on the expensive side, but the quality of the prints and th ematerial itself its amazing.

I'm trying another service called sculpteo.com i am recieving my first prints in a day or two... It was about 15-20% cheaper than shapeways when selecting the economy option. Ill let you guys know how it turned out and if they are good ill make them available for purchase. I first want to check the quality my self.

And I know shapeways are a bit on the expensive side, but the quality of the prints and th ematerial itself its amazing.

I agree about shapeways being both expensive and ultra high quality.

I printed one today, and....er....well, as you can see, even the mightiest cram-fu will not save this sucker.

Maybe I'll give it to my son...would fit his hand perfectly. :lol

IMG_2731.JPGIMG_2732.JPG

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing the models. I just had a friend of mine print this up for me, should have it with me in a day or two. Pretty excited about it :)

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing the models. I just had a friend of mine print this up for me, should have it with me in a day or two. Pretty excited about it :)

Let me know how it comes out! I'd like to get one as well and the guy I talked to about printing hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'd order from shapeways.. but...

Will do! Should be with me tomorrow or Wednesday, it has gone out already. The pictures of the print looked very promising :)

Ahhh balls, apparently I hit send and didn't add the rest of my message...

It's been a few hours now, but it as along the lines of home prints being quite low res and needing a lot of prepwork after, so I"m wondering how it will turn out, since I don't know what type of printer he has.

That's why I asked a friend to do them. He has a pretty good printer, the parts come out really smooth

Ok, here's my print, mostly cleaned up (still have to work on the seam, the body section was printed in two parts as it would have been too big otherwise) and next to my Obi Wan for size reference:

Jqxriet.jpg

Thanks again for sharing that model :)

Ok, here's my print, mostly cleaned up (still have to work on the seam, the body section was printed in two parts as it would have been too big otherwise) and next to my Obi Wan for size reference:

http://i.imgur.com/Jqxriet.jpg

Thanks again for sharing that model :)

Not too bad! Was it bringed solid or hollow like Guabe started to allow for electronics? I see your mention of 2 body parts is why I ask.

It is a hollow print, exactly as Gustavo modelled it, except for the two part body due to the print size.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back