Kylo Ren Lightsaber Belt Clip

Sni9er

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey guys

so not content with looking at every other damned part of this costume i wanted to share my progress on the saber clip
I wanted to kick this off to public discussion :) as i've scoured for many days and figured i could help make the search easier by coalating some information and giving some better views

these are the best two images i have:

MDvre3a.jpg 5cAXxre.jpg

my thoughts are as the construction is so over engineered it will be industrial or military leaning more towards military, the saber clip is also brass which narrows it down to vintage as not many production items use brass today in terms of over engineering I'm referring to the use of laminated layered metal on the feed in to the clip body this is something that has to be rock solid and ergo my feelings towards military gear, i've had some mil buds check it over a few think perhaps vehicle mounting clips but they are vague area guesses the other was some form of ganging connector from general industry

so that leads me onto this, not everyone has great depth perception alot i've spoke too just didnt get it, so i've made some 3d models hopefully this will help us all track this part down !

anyway my dimensions are obviously inferred and not perfect wuth should be in the ballpark

enjoy & happy hunting !!

RhVE646.pngfMkkXSe.png

Holder with saber clip inserted
33nS0dA.png2oc9I9C.png

Diagram:
fkhGJBL.png

if it really gets down to it i'm confident we could get this machined if we need to !!

That's it ! An original way to hang the lightsaber to the belt.
Great stuff.
impressive work to get there.

Edit : Remove the bottom "wall"
clipbelt.png

In the first trailer, we can see Kylo Ren draw is hilt.
and he slide up littly his hand, and then slide down the hilt.

This is why there is a diagonal side (orange)

clipbelt2.png

Last edited:
That's it ! An original way to hang the lightsaber to the belt.
Great stuff.
impressive work to get there.

Edit : Remove the bottom "wall"
http://upload.dinhosting.fr/K/2/2/clipbelt.png

In the first trailer, we can see Kylo Ren draw is hilt.
and he slide up littly his hand, and then slide down the hilt.

This is why there is a diagonal side (orange)

http://upload.dinhosting.fr/f/K/clipbelt2.png

Excellent observation!

The lightsaber slides on from the top and off from the bottom, ingenious. This will likely help to identify the part as well.

With as much as they manufactured for this movie, it is possible they also manufactured this?

I doubt its manufactured as its just too standard looking haha

also the angle on that clip is from the shots of the clip on the saber from the exhibit check my first post to compare

friends are convinced its a vehicle mount clip possibly British military 80's/70's

hey guys

so not content with looking at every other damned part of this costume i wanted to share my progress on the saber clip
I wanted to kick this off to public discussion :) as i've scoured for many days and figured i could help make the search easier by coalating some information and giving some better views

these are the best two images i have:

View attachment 471177 View attachment 471178

my thoughts are as the construction is so over engineered it will be industrial or military leaning more towards military, the saber clip is also brass which narrows it down to vintage as not many production items use brass today in terms of over engineering I'm referring to the use of laminated layered metal on the feed in to the clip body this is something that has to be rock solid and ergo my feelings towards military gear, i've had some mil buds check it over a few think perhaps vehicle mounting clips but they are vague area guesses the other was some form of ganging connector from general industry

so that leads me onto this, not everyone has great depth perception alot i've spoke too just didnt get it, so i've made some 3d models hopefully this will help us all track this part down !

anyway my dimensions are obviously inferred and not perfect wuth should be in the ballpark

enjoy & happy hunting !!

View attachment 471180View attachment 471181

Holder with saber clip inserted
View attachment 471182View attachment 471183

Diagram:
View attachment 471184

if it really gets down to it i'm confident we could get this machined if we need to !!

Do you have this available as an .STL for 3D printing? Trying to help a guy get approved as Kylo in our 501st garrison.

I'll upload it now (fyi i think someone already made a compatible spacer made for gucabes saber)

I'll upload it now (fyi i think someone already made a compatible spacer made for gucabes saber)
The one for guabe's hilt isn't on shapeays anymore, which is sad bc I need the clip for a guabe hilt. But I can make it work!

EDIT: Found it, but still using yours Luke.

*waves* that would be me :) It was something I quickly whipped up long before Luke worked on his v3 belt clip.
I haven't ordered anything from Shapeways since Guabe's v2 saber, and shipping costs are, well.. costly, so I haven't had the chance to but/test it myself yet.

If anyone is wanting it, however, it's here in my shop (also note: this was designed over Guabe's v4. I'm not sure how many changes were made to the v5)

Wondering if anyone has found more information on this. I'm interested in DIYing my clip, but not sure how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back