where to find a studio scale snowspeeder?

MXM

Jr Member
Reviewing some old threads and seen a few studio scale snowspeeders, where to find them? My favorite ship in all of star wars. Anyone can point me the right direction?

I am remolding the snowspeeder for Steve. It will be available thru him but cast and shipped by me at some point in the next couple of months.

I so wanted the Master Replicas, until I found out it was sub-scaled.

I'll be interested in these new castings, but I have a question: Has anyone thought about making a mixed media kit for this. Meaning that the main body panels are either acrylic or styrene, with resin details. I ask as I have to many problems with resin sag over the years :-/

I'll be interested in these new castings, but I have a question: Has anyone thought about making a mixed media kit for this. Meaning that the main body panels are either acrylic or styrene, with resin details. I ask as I have to many problems with resin sag over the years :-/

I've often thought about this as well. If not the actual parts, perhaps 1:1 paper patterns, for those of us who can do this portion ourselves?

Lee, I think if you make a good armature and inner frame that should not be a problem, the original were 100% resin and they're still in good shape (cant see any sagging issue ?) after 37 years ?

The one thing to keep in mind about the full resin kit is that it really starts to pick up some rigidity once you start to add parts on to the upper hull, the brake boxes and gun thingys run 90 degrees to each other and really start you off in the right direction with that lamination effect.

Once those are attached there is some very logical places to reinforce the upper body with either aluminum or acrylic or even plywood.

When the top is nice and strong with all that, the bottom kind of takes care of itself.

mike

I made a new set of molds for the Nice_N one in the spring, but have only cast 1 out of them, so they are still brand new. Let me check with Steve about when they will be available again.

I made a new set of molds for the Nice_N one in the spring, but have only cast 1 out of them, so they are still brand new. Let me check with Steve about when they will be available again.

Excellent Mike, that would be great!

Thanks

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back