The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

kalkamel

Master Member
Cosplaysky just released their AOU version of Cap's costume. Here are some pics from an Ebay auction (you can also find it on their website). Doesn't look half bad in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• $_57 (1).jpg
    $_57 (1).jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 956
  • $_57 (2).jpg
    $_57 (2).jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 922
  • $_57 (3).jpg
    $_57 (3).jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 947
  • $_57 (4).jpg
    $_57 (4).jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 658
  • $_57 (5).jpg
    $_57 (5).jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 634
  • $_57 (6).jpg
    $_57 (6).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 666
  • $_57 (7).jpg
    $_57 (7).jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 678
  • $_57 (8).jpg
    $_57 (8).jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 563
  • $_57 (9).jpg
    $_57 (9).jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 737
  • $_57 (10).jpg
    $_57 (10).jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
Re: Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

I bought this last week and have asked for certain pieces not to be attached. Looking forward to modding it

I've also placed an order for this last week, been waiting for this release ever since other people have posted favorable reviews on their TWS stealth suit. I've been sitting on a Rocketeer AoU helmet and a set of kingsley's TWS leather harness and belt for months now, just waiting for this suit's release. Some tailoring is already a given, based on other people's experiences with the stealth suit. I ordered a standard size so hopefully the waist sizing won't be as much an issue. The one area that's going to need major work are the gloves, but I already have some ideas on how to modify them. I'm also getting cast rubber pieces for the arm magnets to replace the fabric ones sewn onto the suit. I'm ok with most of the remaining suit as-is, at the end of the day I'm aiming for 95% screen accurate.

I'll be sure to share updates on my progress on this thread.

Suit itself doesn't look too bad. The gloves, boot covers, belt and harness look really bad though.Would really like to see some better pictures of the actual suit on someone.

Definitely plan on using this as my base once I receive it later this summer.

My suit just came in at my office. For a base suit this is an excellent purchase :thumbsup It's quite nice for the price, surprisingly good quality and construction, but definitely could use some work in certain areas. The leather highlights are more gray in color than I'd like, probably should've been closer to black, but it's not a terrible departure from the movie suit. The Avengers logo is a bit cheap looking up close, if you can find a replacement I recommend doing so, but from a short distance they look fine. Btw if anyone is selling good quality Avengers shoulder logos, PM me please! Same with the arm magnets, they're just sewn on silver patches; I've ordered some plastic pieces to replace these. The fabric has a bit of a shine to it but it looks fine and not far off from the movie suit, I'm happy with it and not gonna try to remove the shine. The gaiters are actually nicer than I thought and don't require much work, my only worry is whether they'll fit over my Magnums but it looks like they have enough room.

As for sizing, I ordered the standard medium, will know how it fits later tonight when I get home. At first glance the jacket looks like it'll be a little fitted (a good thing) and pants look a bit big, but regardless I was planning to tailor the suit anyway. As expected, the gloves will need a good amount of work, and the sizing on these are small, bit of a tight fit on my hands which are already on the smaller side. I already have a pair of fingerless tactical gloves that I was planning to use with this and will be modifying the Cosplaysky gauntlets to fit over these gloves. I'm not even going to bother with the harness and belt as I already have my own set, but for those who care, they are pretty cheap looking; I recommend replacing them.

I'll take some pics later tonight, but early assessment to those who are looking for a AoU base suit, this definitely will not disappoint.

Last edited:

My suit just came in at my office. For a base suit this is an excellent purchase :thumbsup It's quite nice for the price, surprisingly good quality and construction, but definitely could use some work in certain areas. The leather highlights are a bit more gray than I'd like, probably should've been closer to black, but it's not a terrible departure from the movie suit. The Avengers logo is a bit cheap looking up close, if you can find a replacement I recommend doing so, but from a short distance they look fine. Btw if anyone is selling good quality Avengers shoulder logos, PM me please! Same with the arm magnets, they're just sewn on silver patches; I've ordered some plastic pieces to replace these. The fabric has a bit of a shine to it but it looks good and not far off from the movie suit, I'm happy with it and not gonna try to remove the shine. The gaiters are actually nicer than I thought and don't require much work, my only worry is whether they'll fit over my Magnums but it looks like they have enough room.

As for sizing, I ordered the standard medium, will know how it fits later tonight when I get home. At first glance the jacket looks like it'll be a little fitted (a good thing) and pants look a bit big, but regardless I was planning to tailor the suit anyway. As expected, the gloves will need a good amount of work, and the sizing on these are small, bit of a tight fit on my hands which are already on the smaller side. I already have a pair of fingerless tactical gloves that I was planning to use with this and will be modifying the Cosplaysky gauntlets to fit over these gloves. I'm not even going to bother with the harness and belt as I already have my own set, but for those who care, they are pretty cheap looking; I recommend replacing them.

I'll take some pics later tonight, but overall assessment to those who are looking for a AoU base suit, this definitely will not disappoint.

Thanks for the review. :thumbsup

About what I was expecting based on the stealth suit reviews, which is a good thing!

kalkamel, what if you changed the title of this thread to "The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume" Try to keep most info about the suit in this one thread, to make discussion and finding info on it easier, just like the thread for the stealth suit?

Last edited:
Look forward to the pics. Ive been thinking of getting the custom sized version of this suit myself but was hoping to see some feedback first. Like you the leather work I planned to do myself so my main concern is the suit itself.

Regarding the gray faux leather parts, I was actually thinking of applying black shoe polish to darken them, that may be an easy fix for that.

EDIT: Just did some quick research and another option is to use acrylic paint, I might just do that instead. Not sure if shoe polish will permanently make the pleather black, guessing it'll just rub off.

Last edited:
Ok, I tried on the costume and to my delightful surprise, it actually fits pretty darn well! One caveat though, like what the stealth suit customers experienced, the top is nearly impossible to put on by yourself; you need someone to zip it up from the back. So I wasn't able to put the jacket on properly (best I could do was zip it halfway up) but I tried putting it on backwards and was able to zip it up, just to see if it's too small or not. I can lose about an inch off the pants' waist and there's a tiny bit of room to tighten the jacket around the torso to achieve a better v-shape, but other than not much else to tailor, the fit turned out really nice on me. The shoulders definitely need some padding. Length was absolutely perfect on both jacket and pants, I'm 5'11 flat btw. Again I ordered the standard size M, so can't comment on custom measurements. I tried the gaiters on my Magnum boots and they fit fine (pic below).

20150521_184839_8_bestshot.jpg

20150521_184856_8_bestshot.jpg

20150521_185111_3_bestshot.jpg

20150521_185018_8_bestshot.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics! I have a couple questions for you if you have time.

Can you post some close ups of the A logo and the arm metal latch part?

Can you post a close up of the two diagonal smaller "leather" patch on the screen right, your left leg? (can't tell in the photo, but it looks like the edges have something going on with them)

What are your thoughts on the red, is it a good red, is it verging on burgundy, does it match the red we are all using on our shields?

I have the same boots and those gaiters look pretty damn good, so that makes me excited!

I bought this last week and have asked for certain pieces not to be attached. Looking forward to modding it

Interesting that they let you do this. I had emailed them about it but they said they only sell it as a whole? Were they able to come down in price at all?

Interesting that they let you do this. I had emailed them about it but they said they only sell it as a whole? Were they able to come down in price at all?

I went through ebay, cosarcade was the seller same one I used for my stealth suit it is the exact same suit as sold on cosplaysky. I didn't hjave a price reduction this time round but last time I did.

Is the blue really that dark or is it the lighting in your photos? It looks completely different in color compared to their stock photos.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back