The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

I'm just curious why you would want to replace them?

I've had great service with Cosplaysky in the past, I am pretty sure they can sell you the fabric. Let us know the outcome on this, I'm sure we all would love to get our hands on that fabric for future tweaks.

I'm thinking about assembling new shoulder covers to replace the ones on the Cosplaysky suit, anyone have an idea of where to get the same navy blue fabric used for their suits? I emailed Cosplaysky to see if they'll sell me a small amount but just in case they say no.

The shoulder trims that come with the suit are undersized and the shape is off. It's been bothering me ever since I got the suit. Besides I might try to place the CE armor inserts underneath the new shoulder covers and just sew that entire assembly onto the suit, which will save my tailor the trouble of trying to widen the shoulders. Two birds with one stone.

The shoulder trims that come with the suit are undersized and the shape is off. It's been bothering me ever since I got the suit. Besides I might try to place the CE armor inserts underneath the new shoulder covers and just sew that entire assembly onto the suit, which will save my tailor the trouble of trying to widen the shoulders. Two birds with one stone.

I can see that. Still, I think I'm going to try to work with the shoulders as-is, before delving deeper into them. Would really like to see your final results with it. A lot of potential for the overall look by modifying them.

Had to chuckle at the Avengers logo on the shoulders of mine. One is crooked and the other is very crooked (almost 90 degrees off, lol). Since I'm replacing them though, doesn't matter one bit. I've got the master ready and will try to get it molded on Sunday night this weekend (have to stay on top of it since I'm molding under pressure and I've got a slow leak on my tank, so constantly adding a few psi here and there). Here's the master, the top edges look a bit soft, but the block sanding after painting the cast gives a very sharp and crisp line to the edges.
IMG_1322 [].JPG
IMG_1321 [].JPG

I can see that. Still, I think I'm going to try to work with the shoulders as-is, before delving deeper into them. Would really like to see your final results with it. A lot of potential for the overall look by modifying them.

Had to chuckle at the Avengers logo on the shoulders of mine. One is crooked and the other is very crooked (almost 90 degrees off, lol). Since I'm replacing them though, doesn't matter one bit. I've got the master ready and will try to get it molded on Sunday night this weekend (have to stay on top of it since I'm molding under pressure and I've got a slow leak on my tank, so constantly adding a few psi here and there). Here's the master, the top edges look a bit soft, but the block sanding after painting the cast gives a very sharp and crisp line to the edges.
View attachment 485954
View attachment 485955
I hope you start an interest thread for those!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've had great service with Cosplaysky in the past, I am pretty sure they can sell you the fabric. Let us know the outcome on this, I'm sure we all would love to get our hands on that fabric for future tweaks.

They probably will provide some fabric if asked. I've got to say, been very pleased with the service and product. Always answered my emails quickly and the quality/price ratio is outstanding. Yes, there are some weak points obviously, but they're reasonable to expect. Also, I was surprised at how well they nailed the measurements I provided (didn't request custom fit, just selected size L and provided the other measurements on the form).

View attachment 485954
View attachment 485955

Looking great!

No luck on Cosplaysky selling extra fabric, they wrote back saying they won't sell it. If anyone has any online leads for where to source the same or very very similar fabric, please let me know. It's a navy blue gabardine fabric with some gloss finish on it.

EDIT: Apparently their customer service reps follow different policies. I just got another email saying they'll sell me the same blue fabric, so yes you can buy the fabric straight from Cosplaysky.

Last edited:
Do you guys think this suit is okay to send to the dry cleaners? Or is there a different cleaning method that should be used?

Just got the suit in. Accessories obviously need upgrading. Already made a belt for the suit and about halfway done with the gauntlets. But other than adjusting the fit in a few spots it fits surprisingly well. Well worth the money for a base suit. A lot less needed to do for this suit compared to the other Chinese Cap suits.

Got the Avenger's emblems prepped for molding last night, molded today, and curing right now. Hope to pull the first cast tomorrow.

I was thinking about on some other parts on the suit. I plan to use the metal star, belt buckle, and harness buckle that came with the suit. However, the parts done in the sparkly/metallic vinyl, not crazy about the imprecise cuts and shape of them. When I got my silicone out to mold the emblem, realized I had a lot more than I thought, nearly half a gallon in fact, so I've got plenty to do some other parts. Considering remaking the vinyl parts, doing them in cold cast aluminum, then putting a brushed finish on each part.

I got them drawn up just now. Does anyone notice any I've missed? These are on the jacket sleeves, belt, and gaiters.

Cap Suit Bits.png

Got the Avenger's emblems prepped for molding last night, molded today, and curing right now. Hope to pull the first cast tomorrow.

I was thinking about on some other parts on the suit. I plan to use the metal star, belt buckle, and harness buckle that came with the suit. However, the parts done in the sparkly/metallic vinyl, not crazy about the imprecise cuts and shape of them. When I got my silicone out to mold the emblem, realized I had a lot more than I thought, nearly half a gallon in fact, so I've got plenty to do some other parts. Considering remaking the vinyl parts, doing them in cold cast aluminum, then putting a brushed finish on each part.

I got them drawn up just now. Does anyone notice any I've missed? These are on the jacket sleeves, belt, and gaiters.

View attachment 487259
For the "magnet" pieces on the arm and glove they are actually a 3 dimensional part not just flat but I may be interested in those parts as well as the A's!

For the "magnet" pieces on the arm and glove they are actually a 3 dimensional part not just flat but I may be interested in those parts as well as the A's!

Do you have a shot of the screen used pieces? I can do them in a 3d style vs the flat, shouldn't be a problem. I just haven't looked too deeply for reference yet.

FWIW, I just bought the arm magnets from a seller on Etsy and they're of decent quality, 3D printed in plastic and painted. I was pretty happy with the purchase though they took a while to ship it out as they're backed up with con season. They were kind enough to re-size it before printing so it'd fit my suit. Their arm magnets aren't quite as raised as the screen used suit but I was fine with it as I didn't want the plastic to scratch the back of my shield.

FWIW, I just bought the arm magnets from a seller on Etsy and they're of decent quality, 3D printed in plastic and painted. I was pretty happy with the purchase though they took a while to ship it out as they're backed up with con season. They were kind enough to re-size it before printing so it'd fit my suit. Their arm magnets aren't quite as raised as the screen used suit but I was fine with it as I didn't want the plastic to scratch the back of my shield.

I didn't see them on a quick search, mind shooting me a PM with their contact info or the listing?

Looking at the shots you posted below (thanks for the pics), it might be quicker and easier for me to work out a deal with them (so I can make them in a different material) if they're willing and can get me a set quickly enough.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back