The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

Thanks for the pics! I have a couple questions for you if you have time.

Can you post some close ups of the A logo and the arm metal latch part?

Can you post a close up of the two diagonal smaller "leather" patch on the screen right, your left leg? (can't tell in the photo, but it looks like the edges have something going on with them)

What are your thoughts on the red, is it a good red, is it verging on burgundy, does it match the red we are all using on our shields?

I have the same boots and those gaiters look pretty damn good, so that makes me excited!

See below for the pics you requested. The leather strips on the pants weren't cut very well, that's probably what you're seeing. The red is a darker red, so probably won't match the shield's red which is normally brighter, but it looks pretty darn close to the movie suit. My only real color match complaint with this suit is the pleather highlights aren't as dark as they should be, I'll be painting them charcoal gray at a later date.

20150522_150018_5_bestshot.jpg

20150522_150108_7_bestshot.jpg

20150522_150344_2_bestshot.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few pics of me wearing the base suit w/o any tailoring and nothing to hold up the pants. This is a standard size medium.

20150522_151327_2_bestshot-1.jpg

20150522_151350_1_bestshot-1.jpg

20150522_151416_1_bestshot-1-1.jpg

I can easily take an inch or so off the jacket and pants waist, and also tighten it around the ribs. The sleeves are already tight around my arms, and the sleeve length is a bit short but with the gauntlets on it won't matter. The jacket shoulders are too narrow and wasn't made with broad shoulders in mind. To broaden the shoulders I'm going to have the tailor let the shoulders out and sew in 1" foam inserts.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the resin ones I made for the AoU suit I built. I pour them and then shape them so hey are curved. They are not made to be sewn into the suit, but glued on the outside. PM me if you'd like a set. I can pour and send them unpainted.

A-10.jpg

What's the size on the Avengers emblem? Also, any shots from the screen used suit?

I can wait for mine to arrive, but would like to get started on replacement parts ASAP.

I did some emblems a couple of years ago using a method that would perfect for this. Cold cast aluminum, only required spraying the color, then block sanding to a brushed finished. Would work and look great on the suit.

What's the size on the Avengers emblem? Also, any shots from the screen used suit?

I can wait for mine to arrive, but would like to get started on replacement parts ASAP.

I did some emblems a couple of years ago using a method that would perfect for this. Cold cast aluminum, only required spraying the color, then block sanding to a brushed finished. Would work and look great on the suit.

Here's a good ref shot:
Captain%2BAmerica%2Bcostume%2BAvengers%2Blogo.jpg

I'll get you the size of the CosplaySky emblem when I'm back in town. Off the top of my head it's around 1.5" diameter. If you can make a few sets of these in aluminum and painted, I'd be very interested in a set.

Last edited:
Just picked one of these up, cannot wait for it to get here. Need to do some research on the harnesses and look into making them functional with my shield. Need to finally get around to making that helmet too.

For those interested in ordering from CosplaySky I remembered I have a 15% off code that apparently still works. PM me if you want it :)

Here's a good ref shot:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-A36VeX87D...600/Captain+America+costume+Avengers+logo.jpg

I'll get you the size of the CosplaySky emblem when I'm back in town. Off the top of my head it's around 1.5" diameter. If you can make a few sets of these in aluminum and painted, I'd be very interested in a set.

Thanks for the shot, very helpful.

I actually was thinking it looked a bit different. That looks more like a convex aluminum piece, with some of it anodized. That's something I can't do unfortunately. What I had in mind was more of a 3D piece. It will be very nice and clean, but different.

Awesome pictures, I've got my suit being delivered on Friday. What did you use for the shoulder harness and gauntlets? And you mentioned padding the shoulders, are you sewing in pads, or wearing something like an underarmour football padded shirt?

Has anyone else been having communication issues with Cospaysky? I ordered mine April 26 and I still haven't gotten any shipping information.

Has anyone else been having communication issues with Cospaysky? I ordered mine April 26 and I still haven't gotten any shipping information.

I messaged them just this morning, I ordered mine on May the 11th. Here's the response:
Dears,Thanks for your email.I have checked your order.It is in processing now.Because the procedures of your costume are complex so that you may receive it a little later.Thanks for your kindness and your patience.
Many thanks.
Isa​

Last edited by a moderator:
That's about the level of vagueness I've been receiving from them for the most part. Though I had been told at one point it would ship on the 22nd any I'd receive a tracking number (which I still haven't as of the 26th), and then was told they would try to ship it out even sooner than that, but not having heard specific details, it makes me wary.

That's about the level of vagueness I've been receiving from them for the most part. Though I had been told at one point it would ship on the 22nd any I'd receive a tracking number (which I still haven't as of the 26th), and then was told they would try to ship it out even sooner than that, but not having heard specific details, it makes me wary.

I'm not concerned over losing any money in the deal, because I know I won't. I just don't want it to stretch out to where I don't have everything ready by August. I don't think that will happen though.

I'm not concerned over losing any money in the deal, because I know I won't. I just don't want it to stretch out to where I don't have everything ready by August. I don't think that will happen though.

Yeah, other than some minor issues with a couple pieces CosplaySky has always been pretty good when it comes to cheaper Chinese costume shops. I think they had a similar issue last year with their 12th Doctor coats where a rush of orders came in when the coat was released and it took them a couple weeks longer to fulfill orders.

Basically I am gathering and making as many of the replacement pieces as possible before the suit is here so that way even if it takes two months to get here I can have it finished a few days after it arrives so it's ready for the rush of conventions I have in August.

Thanks for the shot, very helpful.

I actually was thinking it looked a bit different. That looks more like a convex aluminum piece, with some of it anodized. That's something I can't do unfortunately. What I had in mind was more of a 3D piece. It will be very nice and clean, but different.

The Cosplaysky one measures 1 3/8 inches btw. I wasn't looking for an exact match, if what you had in mind was a metal cast piece with raised logo and painted red, I'm totally on board with that. I'll PM you to discuss.

Awesome pictures, I've got my suit being delivered on Friday. What did you use for the shoulder harness and gauntlets? And you mentioned padding the shoulders, are you sewing in pads, or wearing something like an underarmour football padded shirt?

I was originally gonna just cut out foam and sew those in but I do have a bunch of spare CE armor inserts lying around, so might give those a try first. The fabric on the jacket isn't that flexible, which limits how much bulk you can add with foam. For the harness and belt I have a set from kingsley, for the gauntlets I was going to modify the ones that came with the suit.

My suit was delayed for about a week but I did get tracking info when they shipped it out. They responded to my inquiry within 48 hours when I was asking for an update and gave me a rough ETA, no complaints about their communication from me.

Last edited:
My suit arrived on Monday after being shipped Friday. Express shipping and tracking included, the suit took around a 3 1/2 weeks to arrive from order which is standard for cosplaysky to the UK really if the suit is not in stock which is the case with these at the moment. Communication was excellent with fast responses.

I plan on heavily modifying this suit so look out for my thread as there's a lot of work to be done but a great base suit.

new suit.jpgnew suit back.jpg

My suit arrived on Monday after being shipped Friday. Express shipping and tracking included, the suit took around a 3 1/2 weeks to arrive from order which is standard for cosplaysky to the UK really if the suit is not in stock which is the case with these at the moment. Communication was excellent with fast responses.

I plan on heavily modifying this suit so look out for my thread as there's a lot of work to be done but a great base suit.

View attachment 481686View attachment 481684

What size did you go with and what is your height/weight?

Height wise I need an XL, chest size L, waist size M... so I went with the L, figured that would allow a bit more room for padding in the shoulders and can take in the waist some.

View attachment 481686View attachment 481684

With the test fitting can you tell exactly what needs to be done to the base suit beyond bringing it in and replacing some of the decals/straps?

With the test fitting can you tell exactly what needs to be done to the base suit beyond bringing it in and replacing some of the decals/straps?

Looking at Clark HD's pics and from my own experience, the shoulders are definitely too narrow on these jackets, they need to be let out more. Chest star also needs to be actually re-centered, seems like they can't get this right.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back