The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

I had a chance to see the cosplaysky suit up close at comic con this year, as several people were wearing them. Some had made improvements, replaced leather pieces, etc. some not. Overall, I guess if you are on a budget this is a decent option. It does look really great in photos, but in person, it mostly looked like pajamas.
That all has to do with having it tailored. A lot of people don't get it custom fit and that causes a lot of bagginess

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliments! I actually modeled the magnets to fit perfectly on the cosplaysky suits (assuming the little area where they go doesn't change between sizes).

I'll measure the buckle when I get home but if I recall correctly it is about 2.25" tall.

Here is a teaser pic (excuse the horrible lighting as this was just a quick snap. Also the canvas areas aren't glued/sewn on yet so they will sit a bit straighter)

View attachment 531416

And here's some pics of other leatherwork I've done
View attachment 531418

Looks great so far. Can't wait until my set is done. Looking forward to more pictures!

Looks great so far. Can't wait until my set is done. Looking forward to more pictures!
Just cut and dyed the pouches for the prototype! Just waiting on a few things in the mail so I can finish it up and send to Kevin Gossett so he can sew it up and add the resin pieces!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a couple teasers of the belt! I'll post pics of the pouch progress soon as well! Waiting on some supplies for the harness so I'm stuck on it at the moment. uploadfromtaptalk1443380967473.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443380991290.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443381022644.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443381058687.jpg

Just finished taking an inch off the bottom of my jacket. Still trying to decide how to connect it to my pants and then connect the belt to the jacket. Snaps or velcro?

Just so everyone has an idea of how long they're running. I ordered a custom fit outfit directly from the cosplaysky website on September 18th, and my costume arrived today.

Looks pretty damned awesome and first very well, though it could be taken in in a couple of spots, and there are a couple of nitpicky issues I could mention, but overall I think it turned out better than I expected.

Very excited, will have to post pics later!

Looking great so far! Can't wait to get mine! By the way, out of curiosity, the belts are adjustable I assume?
Yes it will attach in the back via Velcro. Since everyone measures slightly different spots (and with our without their jacket on) we're going to include the Velcro and have the customer attach it themselves. I will post how to do it in the sale thread. This way everyone gets a perfect fit!

Couple of quick shots of the new costume:

.Crop1.jpgCrop2.jpg

Got a custom tailored one and am very glad I did. The jacket was just long enough that I'm tucking it in for now since its working for me, and the sleeves were the perfect length. Looks great with my King Arts Shield.

I will say that the more grayish leather parts don't bother me as much as I thought they would. They look a little more bluish than they seem to come out in in pictures. I will still paint them but I probably wait until after Halloween to do so I don't screw anything up before then.

I'll take some more shots with the gaiters once my Magnum Mach 1's have arrived!

Got my fabric in from cosplaysky to do the sleeve mod and they actually sent both the cordura and the stretch blue fabric. Hopefully I'll have time soon to work on it.
Lucky you!! Lol

And who all needs fabric? May be worth doing a bulk buy to save on shipping

Nice work! Sorry but don't the longer pouches look a bit too long? Not sure if that's b/c your prototype belt still needs to be stitched up. See below, the back pouches look like they're maybe an inch or less longer.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fouY_zlW_...00/Captain+America+gloves+Avengers+Ultron.jpg
They will be slightly shorter than that pic once they're stitched. I used this pic as well for sizing reference. You can see that they're nearly a full "metal" piece longer. Which is around 1.25".

uploadfromtaptalk1443637174081.png

But I do agree they may still be a tad to long but that's a really easy fix! That's why I haven't started anyone else's until mine's done, that way changes can be made!

They will be slightly shorter than that pic once they're stitched. I used this pic as well for sizing reference. You can see that they're nearly a full "metal" piece longer. Which is around 1.25".

View attachment 535218

They also sit a little lower in that pic, looking at the top of the pouches not lining up. If you line up the pouches, it's longer by somewhere around 1/2 the length of the metal bit.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back