The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

Hey guys just an update on the belt, harness, magnets, and A pieces! My partner has finished molding them and we'll be pulling the first casts VERY soon (like tomorrow or Saturday). He'll be modifying his current project run in the junkyard (currently only has the buckle). uploadfromtaptalk1442549697804.jpeg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OK guys! Here's the results of the conversion!

View attachment 518418View attachment 518419View attachment 518420View attachment 518421View attachment 518422View attachment 518423View attachment 518424View attachment 518425View attachment 518426View attachment 518427

I opted to use snaps vs sewing the sleeves to the shirt so that I can throw the shirt in the washing machine.

I used these snaps
View attachment 518428

I would suggest using a long sleeve under shirt vs a short sleeve. And I may take in the part under the armpits in the future (if I can figure out a good spot to do so)

If you have any questions let me know!

Did you have a tailor make your alterations or did you do them yourself?

Hey guys! Here's the link to Kevin's post. He'll be updating it to include the first pulls!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=234305View attachment 530424View attachment 530425

These look AH-MAE-ZING. Guess I'll need to upgrade my parts :D If you and Kevin can assemble the harness and belt to be at least as good as what kingsley's produced, this is a no-brainer for me. Kingsley's offerings definitely left room for improvement. One thing to note as you guys are assembling these, the metal bits on the belt pouches need to be secured on very strong, as it's easy to knock them off when carrying a shield with the metal hardware on the shield handles.

Btw, roughly how large are the magnets and the belt buckle? The buckle looks a bit bigger than dstengler's, which would be good considering there's a ton of extra space on the Cosplaysky abs.

These look AH-MAE-ZING. Guess I'll need to upgrade my parts :D If you and Kevin can assemble the harness and belt to be at least as good as what kingsley's produced, this is a no-brainer for me. Kingsley's offerings definitely left room for improvement. One thing to note as you guys are assembling these, the metal bits on the belt pouches need to be secured on very strong, as it's easy to knock them off when carrying a shield with the metal hardware on the shield handles.

Btw, roughly how large are the magnets and the belt buckle? The buckle looks a bit bigger than dstengler's, which would be good considering there's a ton of extra space on the Cosplaysky abs.

Thanks for the compliments! I actually modeled the magnets to fit perfectly on the cosplaysky suits (assuming the little area where they go doesn't change between sizes).

I'll measure the buckle when I get home but if I recall correctly it is about 2.25" tall.

Here is a teaser pic (excuse the horrible lighting as this was just a quick snap. Also the canvas areas aren't glued/sewn on yet so they will sit a bit straighter)

uploadfromtaptalk1442853618671.jpg

And here's some pics of other leatherwork I've done
uploadfromtaptalk1442853821015.jpg

I'll measure the buckle when I get home but if I recall correctly it is about 2.25" tall.

Here is a teaser pic (excuse the horrible lighting as this was just a quick snap. Also the canvas areas aren't glued/sewn on yet so they will sit a bit straighter)

The buckle is roughly around the same size as dstengler's I believe. Your leather work looks awesome, thanks for sharing!

I had a chance to see the cosplaysky suit up close at comic con this year, as several people were wearing them. Some had made improvements, replaced leather pieces, etc. some not. Overall, I guess if you are on a budget this is a decent option. It does look really great in photos, but in person, it mostly looked like pajamas.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back