The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

Working on my new shoulder area.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442097152.553964.jpg

Yep. Foam backing with the same material around a raised piece and then the surrounding dark blue piece around. Connected by magnets to the original shoulder.

They look great! Can't wait to see them on the suit! And we should be casting some A's this week so hopefully I'll have some pics very soon and we'll start our thread!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm going to order one of these very soon. What is the best route - ordering a regular size (like XL) or ordering it fitted to my own measurements? I'm thinking of going XL and taking it to a local tailor because it's likely faster.

I'm going to order one of these very soon. What is the best route - ordering a regular size (like XL) or ordering it fitted to my own measurements? I'm thinking of going XL and taking it to a local tailor because it's likely faster.

Order XL and get it tailored, my 2 cents. Their custom sizing is hit or miss, usually a miss.

I'm on the fence on what to suggest as the jacket is kind of hard to tailor very much

Agreed, I think part of the fit issue is just how it was patterned from the start. Im no expert by any means but it feels like they used a standard jacket pattern and reversed it which makes the sleeves fit differently based on the arm holes. If I put mine on with the zipper in the front like a normal jacket, I have better range of motion and it also fits better across the chest. Im still planning to mod mine by removing the sleeves as others have done but havent had time yet.

Agreed, I think part of the fit issue is just how it was patterned from the start. Im no expert by any means but it feels like they used a standard jacket pattern and reversed it which makes the sleeves fit differently based on the arm holes. If I put mine on with the zipper in the front like a normal jacket, I have better range of motion and it also fits better across the chest. Im still planning to mod mine by removing the sleeves as others have done but havent had time yet.
Completely agree. My tailor actually mentioned that when we did the arm removal mod.

I'm on the fence on what to suggest as the jacket is kind of hard to tailor very much

True but considering the very small chance of a custom measurement order being true to size, he's more than likely going to have to take it to a tailor either way. With a standard size they're pretty good about staying true to the size chart, at least that route you'll know what to expect when it arrives. With a custom order who knows what waist size you'll get.

Regarding the shortcomings of the jacket's design, you'll have to deal with that whether it's a standard or custom size.

True but like I said any experience I've personally had with their custom sizing it's been great. I'm only in the fence due to others stories. I think they may have just sent measurements in inches verses CM

They can scale them down, they're definitely too big as is. I got mine from them and told them what size to print them, pretty happy with how they turned out.

What size did you tell them to print to fit on the Cosplaysky suit?

Also, is there currently any place to buy replacement Avengers logos for the shoulders?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back