The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

Nothing yet that I've seen

Well the jacket shipped Monday from China and I got it Thursday. Here's the size up I got. I can defiantly move more. I'll have to tuck the jacket in for now, then after the weekend con get it shortened, and then the button 'harness'. The sleeve length is a tad longer but easily covered up, will add thumb loops to it. I could make the chest tighter, but with me working
out a lot, might be a good thing
.View attachment 517831

How do you get the jacket separately?

The gauntlets are coming along. I will be attaching snaps for the Palm part. Still haven't decided on snaps or Velcro for the sides. Ali have for the give that is close to color is this army green. Any ideas?
View attachment 517308
I have the same gloves but in the tan color. Going to try leather dye to get them closer to the shade of brown I want. Rit dye did nothing at all. Looked darker when wet but dried the original color.

I have the same gloves but in the tan color. Going to try leather dye to get them closer to the shade of brown I want. Rit dye did nothing at all. Looked darker when wet but dried the original color.

I used Kiwi shoe leather dye. It comes in a tube with a squeeze top with a foam applicator. The brown is what I used on my gloves. Just put on a disposable glove and then the other glove. Apply the dye and take it off and let it dry. I ordered the "coyote brown" tactile gloves and they turned out pretty good. The section that is lighter in the gloves is what the whole think looked like at the start.

IMG_5471.jpg

I used Kiwi shoe leather dye. It comes in a tube with a squeeze top with a foam applicator. The brown is what I used on my gloves. Just put on a disposable glove and then the other glove. Apply the dye and take it off and let it dry. I ordered the "coyote brown" tactile gloves and they turned out pretty good. The section that is lighter in the gloves is what the whole think looked like at the start.

View attachment 518054

Great idea on the kiwi. I'm just now adding my straps to help attach the gauntlet together. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440213866.828074.jpg

Looking great!!

I've got one sleeve finished and the motion is FANTASTIC! I'll post some pics once I finish the other one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OK guys! Here's the results of the conversion!

uploadfromtaptalk1440282209350.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440282216684.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440282223959.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440282232070.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440282239358.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440282245344.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440282253246.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440282259738.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440282266349.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440282271443.jpg

I opted to use snaps vs sewing the sleeves to the shirt so that I can throw the shirt in the washing machine.

I used these snaps
uploadfromtaptalk1440282382129.jpg

I would suggest using a long sleeve under shirt vs a short sleeve. And I may take in the part under the armpits in the future (if I can figure out a good spot to do so)

If you have any questions let me know!

Awesome work. I may end up trying this. Can we get a close up on how you attached the sleeves and shirt using the snaps? What material did you use for the continuation on the undershirt? Did you end up taking out the original lining of the sleeves and body of the jacket?

Last edited:
Awesome work. I may end up trying this. Can we get a close up on how you attached the sleeves and shirt using the snaps? What material did you use for the continuation on the undershirt? Did you end up taking out the original lining of the sleeves and body of the jacket?
Here's the shots of the snaps (I added one more to the armpit of the short sleeve to connect to the suit sleeve)
uploadfromtaptalk1440347835332.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440347873133.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440347917694.jpg

As for the material, a user here ordered some from cosplaysky directly and I bought some of his excess.

I left the liner for comfort but if you use a long sleeve shirt it shouldn't matter.

How is everyone contacting customer service? I've tried submitting a question but have gotten no response. Is a there a number to call to contact them?

Okay. I'm getting a little irked with Cosplaysky. I've sent them three emails now requesting info on ordering an XL Captain America jacket with no response. What is their normal response time via email?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back