Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Version 2 beginning pg17)

MasterEdi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello Everyone!.... After coming back from C7 excited as can be! I decided to attack what I think is one of the most difficult Helmet sculpts in the entire SW universe... The Kylo Ren... Except I barely know how to use a computer, so no 3D modeling here... In a nod to Old School practical effects, here's my beginning ...
image.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School WIP)

... Wish I had a good shot of the overall helmet design..... Anyone got any secret shots none of us know about?:confused

Very very impressive. Man, the more I see of this helmet, the more I love it. It's got a real Vader meets Mandalorian feel to it.

That is simply incredible. Awesome work there! I get the feeling there is more going on with this helmet than might be readily obvious. The "porous" details on the cheek area is interesting and there does not seem to be a visor? The faceplate also looks like it might be removable?

Thanks you everyone for the compliments!... Thanks for the great pic too!... This is truly a test of wills and skill. The more I sculpt the more subtle nuisances I see... And yes the more I work on it the more I believe the faceplate must move or come off in some way....I also believe there is a lot of detail on the actual helmet under the cloak. Which means I can't actually mold it until it is revealed

This is an impressive and realy cool work.

Good continuation, when others/futures pics will come.

What clay are you using? This is look great! Let's hear it for good-old-fashioned manual 3D printing using your printer fingers!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back