Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Version 2 beginning pg17)

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete)

Hmmm for me the second vertical line on the helmet is a mold line , not a detail ... :confused

Hmmm for me the second vertical line on the helmet is a mold line , not a detail ... :confused
... Agreed. That's definitely a mold seam.... also there is only one horizontal seam.... What interests me most are the 2 prominent dents on the backside of the helmet on each side...
I don't think those are molding mistakes.... Maybe someone will have to create a new website called 'The Other Dented Helmet ' or 'The Next Dented Helmet'. ... Haha! JK

Totally :lol

So the final helmet is battle damaged and simplier in details than the concept art , well why not :)

Now that I have seen that the helmet does not have the extra two lines on each side I have started to fill them. Hopefully paint later today

uploadfromtaptalk1440364971050.jpg

Here is my FINAL (hopefully) coat of black. It is semi flat black from Advanced auto. It is not nearly this shiny in person.
uploadfromtaptalk1440449075664.jpg

Looking good!
I did the masking with silly putty, also took a while but not HOURS like you say lol. And the risk of pulling the paint off is minimal. Good tip for next time :)

Hmmmm some kind of automotive chrome spray paint...it is HIGHLY reflective. Here is another shot of it...I will look at the brand when I get home

uploadfromtaptalk1440680658415.jpg

More pics more pics!!! Looks really nice. I want this one too...ahahahaha

You made it smaller so people will stop talking about your helmet being so HUGE...? ahahahaha

I love mine, still think it is the most EXCELENT helmet out there

Hello guys,
I'm new here, I just want to say that your helmets are awesome. So you did all this by yourself?
You are very talented for sure :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back