Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Version 2 beginning pg17)

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete)

So much negativity is placed on the unknown. The movie is not even out yet and we are all guessing on who's helmet is right. How about great work because most people do not have the talent to make such a thing with limited pictures. My hat goes off to you ed and the rest of the talented people here at the rpf. keep up the good work everyone

.... I agree with you Sarge, at times there is a lot of bickering over which helmet is better, which helmet is the right size, which helmet is the most accurate.... In reality this forum is full of so many amazing talented people. Each Kylo interpretation on here has its own special qualities. For now, we just don't have a complete helmet to go by, so each one of us must decide how we envision it to be. I actually like all the variety out there, others, however, do not. Some simply want the most accurate version, and I respect that as well. This is a Replica Prop Forum, so it is understandable that accuracy is a key.... The reality is that we are all Fans! Some are more skilled and professional and some are less so. But we all love Star Wars! I love Star Wars and I was so excited about the new movie that I decided to sculpt a helmet. Which by NO means is accurate. Also, I am in NO way a resin cast professional, that is for sure! But I am a Fan! I've been blown away by the interest in this Helmet. I can't wait to see what ANOVOS or eFX produce as far as a completely screen accurate version, til then we fans will try our best. And that is what everyone should take away from all these helmet attempts, we will give you our best.....

Now to a sighting update, I have a feeling that this weekend at D23 we may FINALLY get to see what the actual rest of this helmet might look like!... At the very least by Force Friday (Sept. 4th) Force.net showed a partial pic of the black series Kylo. I think it gives us a clue as to the actual shape of this helmet. What you think? Post your thoughts below...
image.jpg

there s a new tv spot from korea:

looks like the helmet of kylo ren isnt black but chromed. if its him...

Last edited by a moderator:

haha, your right. of course the shape of the helmet looks a little bit the same from behind and the cape.

aslo noticed some new imperial walkers...
.... That is a killer shot though, just another reason to be excited about episode 7!!!... I do think that the back of Phasma's helmet does offer some cues for the final shape of Kylo's helm.

Edi got it down right!! I would've been shocked if it had some weird design on the back and caught everyone off guard.:lol

How in the hell did that guy get those figures so early?!?!

....Lol!... Thanks for the vote of confidence, but unfortunately I didn't quite get it right! ... Looks like the shape I made is way too large in the back and slightly too much helmet up top. Also, did you notice all the dents? Wow, looks like the real helmet is pretty banged up... Finally, the seam lines are different and some of my angles were too sharp....

Thanks Chicagovader for linking this, I'm glad whoever bought these on eBay opened it up for us...just wish they could have slowed down and really gave us a solid look at the overall helmet.... Oh well, so it begins, Version 2 adjustments in the works :)

Well now you did get me to agree with you regarding the four straps, that's very evident here. :) Can't quite determine if the front of the boot is sewn or maybe like spats? Also looks like there is detail on the shoe part around the heel and the sides, sewn details perhaps?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back