The Revenant (Post-release)

It played out like a book. Some of the slow scenes felt like they would be narrated if it was an actual book. But I really did enjoy it and yes the bear scene was intense. I've realized that Tom Hardy is a pretty damn good actor too

My god this movie put me to sleep. It started off great and then took a massive dump. The Indians should have killed everyone in about 25 minutes of the movie. Why, cause the Indian tribe was on their Arse right after the left the boat. But Oh no Chief needs go back to god knows where to get horses from the French. Really he went back to pack his peace pipe and pick up trader Joe's beef jerky for his munchies. No one lives from a bear beaten like that. Sorry, but it was soooooo boring. It had a good set up but failed.

I just got through watching this. I thought it was pretty good--kinda had that Jeremiah Johnson feel to it. Yes, visually stunning but some of it did drag on. I thought the sound on the blu-ray is way overmixed, though. They paid so much attention to upping the sound of the rivers, wind, etc that I couldn't hardly hear what anyone was saying most of the time. Tom Hardy's dialogue, with whatever accent he was trying to do, is almost totally incomprehensible. And I guess Leo got the Oscar just for his physical performance, because he doesn't have but maybe twenty lines in the whole movie. His dead wife speaks more than he does.....and you can't understand what she is saying either, all her whisperly ghost advice is drowned out by the sound mix also.

Gotta admit, that bear attack was pretty intense! Just for the visuals, this would be good to see in Imax, I'm sure. I did enjoy it, but I doubt it will get a second viewing from me. I thought the end shot, where he kind of breaks the fourth wall and stares right at the camera was a little lacking.

I wonder how many Tauntaun jokes were made on set during the dead horse scene?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back