Tomorrowland

Those look great Frank.

the handlebars seem to have an elbow joint half way back. seen here.

tomorrowland-envisions-future-jetpacks-670.jpg

The seem much shorter here. Don't know if that means they extend out or if it is a continuity error due to the 1st image being cgi and the 2nd live
6810177.jpg

Also notice one says Electrolux and the other does not.

Last edited:
Ha! I was thinking the same exact thing. Not sure where he got info from. But i know a few of these guys are hotroddees and i know a lot hotrodding and those are similar to Cragar or Cal Custom parts.

I don't know everything about cars, not even close. I do love to learn about them in any fashion. Logically, it doesn't add up, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Think of it this way,

In 1964 the automatic was pretty common. I doubt Frank sourced anything brand new. Probably made a lot of parts work that he had or could get cheap. Automatic transmissions haven't changed much since their inception. Pre-1964 the manual transmission was the majority and even the only thing availble at one point. Manuals have not changed all that much either. So the purpose of a transmission scoop jive at any level, but they could have been a thing.

UPDATE: In the interest of full disclosure, I did a cursory glance and found out such and item does exist. Sort of. The only thing I found was for manual transmissions in newer mustangs. They grab air from under the car and funnel it up into the tunnel. It's meant as a track piece. Now, I found nothing for a vintage listing AND it looked nothing like the exhaust pieces on the jet pack. This was more of a bent plate and mounting bracket.

Last edited:

I'd hate to make a bike collector out of you but, if you go to the CABE.com you can posted a wanted ad and find some of those grips on the cheap, I bet the bars are hacked up bars as well. Take a look Wald 898 on amazon, those are about the longest schwinn style bars out there without going full vintage and are of the era, the new ones would be Torrington Steerhorn bars which cost a pretty penny. BTW there are some of those grips on ebay but I would not pay more than 20.00 shipped to make them look crusty.

I still think the jet pack bottoms are actually either vacuum parts or some sort of steam cleaner part.

That is a great pic nickytea. Thanks

I am using vintage handlebars and brake levers. I picked up these schwinn grips last week for $5. And they come pre-weathered...or dirty

$_57.JPG

- - - Updated

View attachment 484450

Has anyone figured out what that element is below the grips in pic that comes out of the electrolux top.

Last edited:
The fire extinguishers may just be casts. I doubt they would use real ones do to the weight of them. My family owns a fire equipment business and no one was able to find out anything on that manufacturer. It may even be PVC or something that they used old fire extinguisher tags from or even made them up themselves based on real ones.
The turn upside down on the tag indicates that it was an vintage style that used an acid chemical that mixed inside when turned upside down before firing which was common back them.

Hi Guys, AL here, Just had to start chiming in, I am so glad there are other Members who love this prop, I work in the industry and know the prop house who built the jet pack,
But so far I haven't ask them anything, I like trying to do it myself, I am sure that it was all molded, so after they made their different parts, molded them so they could make at least 3 of them, and like indianskywalker said for weight, I am about 45% into my build, and other than some top bits and that round planet looking thing in the middle, the Part that is freaking me out is the Jet nozzles, my show is on hiatus and after going to Disneyland about 4 times to go and look at and take pictures of the pac, we have been on the internet for hours trying to find out what it is, well when all else fails 3D print it, so I did, I know they made that thing along with a lot of other parts that I'll get into,
Can I ask you guys should I post my build here or start a new thread, might be fun to keep it here, but I didn't want to delray the thread.
Let me know and I'll start posting pictures and my thoughts!!!!
Thanks,
AL

Al, any chance of making up some more printed jet nozzles to sell? I'd be interested in a set as I decided to try and make up a pack myself.
Not going to go full screen replica on this one, just similar. I'll probably go with pvc for the extinguishers myself and just attach similar tags to it.
I'd love to see you build and any other tips or part leads you may have.

Erick

Thats a great shot of the Bars, This is another pack. I'm sure there where a few, here is the one a Disneyland, and 2nd one from El Capitan, And a shot of my Print of the Mini Scoop!!!
And I'll just start posting some pics of the Pack I'm making here so we can all chime in and help, and Erick I am molding my Jet Exhaust today and pouring them tomorrow, so lets see how they come out and we'll go from there, but yes I'll sell some to you guys if you like them!!!!
AL
D land Jet Pack.JPGEl capitan Jet Pac.jpgE 1.JPGE2.JPGE3.JPG

And I'll just start posting some pics of the Pack I'm making here so we can all chime in and help, and Erick I am molding my Jet Exhaust today and pouring them tomorrow, so lets see how they come out and we'll go from there, but yes I'll sell some to you guys if you like them!!!!

Your scoops look great! Count me in if you decide to run off a few extra.

Cool. I'll be down for a set if you sell them.
The handle/wheel they are attached to are from a vintage extinguisher from the looks of it?
Just got my electrolux canisters and schwinn hand grips. Looking for the other parts now.

Erick

Just got my electrolux canisters and schwinn hand grips. Looking for the other parts now.

I'm also taking the "found parts" approach as much as I can, as well -- However, I did just receive confirmation that very few found parts were actually used on the original packs. Apparently some of the bike pieces were, in fact, found items, but everything else, even the Electroluxes and Extinguishers, were 3D modeled based on the items, and then printed/cleaned up/cast. From what I was told, this went for the heroes and stunts, with at least 12 packs being made for the film.

Trying to figure out the rest of my costume for Comic Con, and always think it's weird when adults dress like little kids. But then I saw this version of the poster! Yay, adult Frank with the jetpack!! haha

TomorrowlandMovie2015.jpeg

Please count me in on those exhaust ports blademaster

I would say post them all in this thread.

The more I get into this build the more I agree with Nickytea. What attracted me to the build was the found items approach but I am realizing there is a ton of subtle small differences in virtually every element of the pack. Thinks like the electrolux sides with the names, the button cap, the extinguishers, all don't quite match up.

I did realize they replaced the electrolux black button with these Caplugs Cec-10
$_57.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back