Tomorrowland

Blastmaster, I received my jet nozzles yesterday and they are awesome. Great work and a lot heftier then I was expecting.
Thanks again!
I also received my Olds horn button and my other vacuum so I'll start taking those apart while I wait for the extinguishers to show up. Then I can get going hopefully on this build.

Erick

Awesome Erick!!!!!
Oh yea!!!!!!

Are there any photos out there of of the other side of the pack showing the bracket to mount everything on and the harness?

Not that I've seen. I think these are as close as we're going to get:

tomorrowland_TOuckp.jpgtomorrowland_7jiDM5.jpgtomorrowland_WLtjR3.jpg

This weekend is my weekend to really get started, so many photos to come! For right now, I'm going the pvc route for the tanks, does anyone have a solution to the rounded tops?

I'm working on finding something that I can modify to can act as a buck to make vacuformed caps. Has anyone scaled them based on the electrolux to determine the ideal diameter? Had we settled on 6.5"?

Got my nozzles today. They are great and very sturdy, which is great. While I plan to hang it on the wall it is nice to know I can rest them on the nozzles without fear of breaking them.

I plan on cutting 2 plexiglass plates with 3 holes to go up inside the nozzles.

I will paint them when the weather clears up.

6.5 is pretty close if you are going the pvc route. The outside diameter of the pvc is something like 6.6 something.

Vacuforming could be tricky. I believe they hold up the weight of the electrolux tops unless you devise a mounting system that puts the tops on the back harness.

I have a perfect half sphere with a lip and everything but it is 6"

Has anyone even started to figure out these? They seem so random and generic
View attachment 488645

I might mock something up similar using some plumping parts or similar shaped metal, but I did not know if anyone had figured out either piece.

I just picked up a pretty good shovel at the Army Navy store that I'm going to Vacuform for my shovels... Keeping the weight down on this beast is a chore!

This weekend is my weekend to really get started, so many photos to come! For right now, I'm going the pvc route for the tanks, does anyone have a solution to the rounded tops?

You might want to look at some stainless mixing bowls. You can usually find them in about 6" diameters.
I was also going to go the pvc route for the tanks but after getting my stainless tanks and looking at the weight difference between them and a piece of 6" pvc piping, it's not much of a savings. Anything helps to cut the weight down on this project but I think for such a main piece of this project I'll go with the metal tanks.

Erick

That Bowl Idea is a great one, I also received one of my 2 Shovels today, my Jetpack on the other hand will not be liftable , LOL.!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone even started to figure out these? They seem so random and generic
View attachment 488645

I might mock something up similar using some plumping parts or similar shaped metal, but I did not know if anyone had figured out either piece.

Which Piece the picture is not coming out....

- - - Updated - - -

Got my nozzles today. They are great and very sturdy, which is great. While I plan to hang it on the wall it is nice to know I can rest them on the nozzles without fear of breaking them.

I plan on cutting 2 plexiglass plates with 3 holes to go up inside the nozzles.

I will paint them when the weather clears up.

Awesome so glad you like them , I am pretty happy!!!!!!

Lets try it a again,

It is the 2 cylinders that come out of each electrolux top

tops.jpg

That Bowl Idea is a great one, I also received one of my 2 Shovels today, my Jetpack on the other hand will not be liftable , LOL.!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Which Piece the picture is not coming out....

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome so glad you like them , I am pretty happy!!!!!!

Made some really great advances today on my "Unwearable Jetpack"!!!!!!!
Check it out!!! I went more dull silver to match screen used one and CGI, I can always wipe some off, but I am going to weather it a bit!!!!! I also used the original Black button from the Electrolux and put the face of the screen used button I got from Brandon over it.
Looks great!!!!!
2 Nozzles 1.jpg2 Nozzles 2.jpg2 Nozzles 3.jpgBlack knob.JPG

2 Nozzles 1.jpg

2 Nozzles 2.jpg

2 Nozzles 3.jpg

Black knob.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone, I made a run thread in the Junkyard Runs for Jetpack nozzles , keeping with RPF rules,
Here is the link: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240985

So if you need a set just post up there and I'll hook you up same price as offered to a few of you.
Thank you,
AL
PS: I am also having the back plate of the Horn button 3D printed now so I will offer those up soon.
AL

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan to go the PVC route on the extinguishers also. I plan on this more of a usable costume piece than a show piece. Both are viable options. What I've used before, and plan to when I get "my weekend" as far as rounding the top is to get a plastic mixing bowl that gives me the right curve, cut it to fit. Then glue, fill, sand...so that it ends up being one piece..

Lets try it a again,

View attachment 488714

Depending on whether you're going the heavier, but more realistic route, or the lighter route. More realistic, I would look in a junk yard at auto or motorcycle engine parts. The one on the left looks a lot like an old distributor. If you're going light, I could definitely reproduce these with multiple diameters of PVC and fittings, with some shaping with a Dremel.

Lets try it a again,

View attachment 488714
Go it this time, I think that is whats next for me, trying to find something close with out printing it.
If someone comes across something let us know!!!!
Thanks everyone!
AL

- - - Updated - - -

Depending on whether you're going the heavier, but more realistic route, or the lighter route. More realistic, I would look in a junk yard at auto or motorcycle engine parts. The one on the left looks a lot like an old distributor. If you're going light, I could definitely reproduce these with multiple diameters of PVC and fittings, with some shaping with a Dremel.

I like that idea, that way they can get closer to the actual look!

Been sanding and puttying and sanding and priming the nozzles. They are starting to come together.

It took a while but I cleaned up and shaped the insides and evened them out to make the plate with the 3 exhaust ports.

nozzles.jpg

They really look great. Thanks again Blastmaster

Blastmaster, how did end up attaching the extinguisher handles to the vacuum base?
Received my extinguishers today and have been working on the build finally. Got the extinguishers cut down, painted and fit into the vacuum section!

Erick

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back