JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

I used a Red Ryder for mine. If you redo the stock and add a rail and a cheap ebay scope, it’s fairly close ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_1842.jpg
Thanks for the advice ended up using a Red Ryder as the base for mine and gotta say I am super satisfied with it! makes a great budget build for Owen's Rifle

If anyone is selling a size L (or similar to suit a 42 inch chest) decent JW1 vest replica then let me know please. Would be keen to get hold of one

Hey, I am just now getting around to an Owen JW cosplay. I was wondering if you ever got around to ordering the Orvis shirt? I was also curious if the navy turned out to really be grey-ish like they stated.

I'm preparing to order an Orvis shirt myself. After chatting with them, the "navy" is in fact more of a "grey." So that's probably what you'll want to order. I'm still debating between it and the sky blue. As far as the sizing goes, I'm similar to your with a slightly smaller chest. Since the Long Sleeved Open Air Caster is one of their Active Fit Shirts, they run a little bigger/smaller in specific areas. Here are the more detailed sizes for both a small and a medium:

SMALL: Chest 41.5 Bottom Circumference (Hem) 40.5 Neck 16.5 Sleeves 33.5
MEDIUM: Chest 45.5 Bottom Circumference (Hem) 44.5 Neck 17.5 Sleeves 36

Based on those measurements, you and I should both probably order a size small from Orvis. Hope that helps!

Sorry, new to the whole forum thing, so I'm not sure how to "tag" this comment...

Sorry, new to the whole forum thing, so I'm not sure how to "tag" this comment...

I actually got around to ordering TWO Orvis Shirts... HA! Since the OG color for Jurassic World is extinct (or at least very hard to find) I’d honestly go with the Long-Sleeved Orvis Open Air Caster in Sky Blue. That color will reflect what you see in a lot of scenes after they did color correction in Post. So the OG shirt is an over-dyed, earthy grey, but after color correction it mostly appears blue in the film.

But... if you have the money to spend, I’d go ahead and purchase both the sky blue AND the navy cause they’re super light and comfy! [emoji6]

I actually got around to ordering TWO Orvis Shirts... HA! Since the OG color for Jurassic World is extinct (or at least very hard to find) I’d honestly go with the Long-Sleeved Orvis Open Air Caster in Sky Blue. That color will reflect what you see in a lot of scenes after they did color correction in Post. So the OG shirt is an over-dyed, earthy grey, but after color correction it mostly appears blue in the film.

But... if you have the money to spend, I’d go ahead and purchase both the sky blue AND the navy cause they’re super light and comfy! [emoji6]

Thanks so much for the response and the info! I will definitely get the sky blue then.

They do seem like great shirts in general, so I will probably add a couple to my collection, lol!

I'm curious if anyone has received a knife from Steve since sapper posted photos of his last Feb.? I'm approaching a year on the waitlist and still have a few months to go before mine is completed.

So looking at some HQ pictures, and it looks like the FK vest may be a leather/waxed canvas mix. Thoughts?

The one seen with Baby Blue scenes is the JW1 vest.
f95e5517774ae3240bdd9f5873bf2004.jpg
57864f139240ca1d9ac15020c86ed689.jpg
c8d65d018cc5c93723998ef9751d50e7.jpg
ba0ecdad8ddcd0bdda158d95578db4e9.jpg
29d3fea6532ffb930ed4c4e4ed842abd.jpg

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Were you looking at adding the new style vest to your site, or making on request?

We would add a new style to the site but, until then, we'll do it by request. We've got someone ordering one now, but if I remember correctly, they're opting for an all-leather version.

Been super busy lately, but ended up ordering some jeans today. Diesel "Buster" Slim Tapered in 0886Z Wash (for those interested). Ended up paying only $30 +shipping. I'll take some pics of the fit once they arrive.

Also Indy Magnoli, I'll take some measurements this weekend and PM you to see if we can work out the details for the vest!
ead8c25f2e52da276e26d39f697609d7.jpg
1af9aff99e845607ea14059f3cdab7c3.jpg
2e68d30de65a316ee1f1e8baad4a1cbf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

How close are people to getting the parts down besides the jeans, boots, watch? Because I’m having trouble this time around finding the authentic peices. Anyone got an ID of at least the blue long sleeve 4 button Henley? For fallen kingdom of course....

Closest I could find that was readily available. Trying to get a Navy Blue Henley in Australia seems near impossible for some reason. Basically just buying blind and hoping for the best:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074HDQJMD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Shorter in the body (finishes just after belt line) and sleeves a little looser. Maintained sleeve length after wash.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077TDHNQV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Longer in the body and tighter in the sleeves, however the cuffs are looser and after first wash sleeves now look 3/4 in length, but rest of body remains the same.

Hi,

How close are people to getting the parts down besides the jeans, boots, watch? Because I’m having trouble this time around finding the authentic peices. Anyone got an ID of at least the blue long sleeve 4 button Henley? For fallen kingdom of course....

Edit: After seeing you mentioned 4 button shirt, did a quick search and found this one. Seems like a good fit:

https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-long-sleeved-daily-henley/52260.html

Closest I could find that was readily available. Trying to get a Navy Blue Henley in Australia seems near impossible for some reason. Basically just buying blind and hoping for the best:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074HDQJMD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Shorter in the body (finishes just after belt line) and sleeves a little looser. Maintained sleeve length after wash.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077TDHNQV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Longer in the body and tighter in the sleeves, however the cuffs are looser and after first wash sleeves now look 3/4 in length, but rest of body remains the same.

Edit: After seeing you mentioned 4 button shirt, did a quick search and found this one. Seems like a good fit:

https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-long-sleeved-daily-henley/52260.html
Good match, but the blue seems off to me a bit? Also it’s a bit loose fitting and there seems to be a small logo tag on the outside bottom. Maybe Owens has it? I’ll keep looking...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back