JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

Ummm....no, thats NOT alot for a quality jacket, made of actual sheepskin.

Hint: If it says "Genuine Leather" or "Real Leather" or anything else that tries to make it seem that the materials are "geniune" or "real", its not topgrain or a split. Its powdered crap mixed with polymer and glue, then squeezed out of a machine to form a flat sheet, then its used to make a garment.

Think of "geniune letaher" or "real leather" as nothing more than what particleboard is in the woodworking industry.

I would have to agree with Dennis here, $850 is a fair price for quality craftsmanship and materials... If I had the money I'd contemplate the Logan vest, lots of opportunity for real world use if you're an outdoorsman... The fact that I can incorporate all the elements into my life is awesome!

And if any of you are on the fence about Dennis' (DLW) stuff, DO IT! Great work, and great packaging! I felt like I was opening something special when I opened it up! (And it totally was)

I'm styling this look for my hubby but on an uber thrifted budget. I ended up using a polyester green fishing style vest which a passable look. I spray paint textured with metallic spray and black. I still need to weather and dirty it up more. but progress pic :D vest.jpg

Last edited:
Looking awesome! Great photos. Not only does your costume look perfect, you suit the character of Owen as well.

I'm currently looking for the polo shirts JW staff members wore in the movie. They were made by Port Authority but I don't see them on their website anywhere, so if anyone ever finds them, let me know. Thanks.

Just got back from DragonCon and had a chance to look at some of my pics. This is what i consider V1 of Owen as I will be adding and upgrading certain pieces....Im in it for the long haul guys!!
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a...F-951D-4DC8-9ED0-3F307098296B_zpsefrl9jke.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a...C-5617-498B-91D6-E9573772050D_zps6knjkmiv.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a...E-7AE8-46E5-B357-598095C7148F_zpsma6cce9q.jpg

Is that the Dynamic Leather vest from eBay? What size did you get?

I'm trying to track down my final 2 pieces, the watch and the bandana.

I've seen most are saying it is the gd100 for the watch, but on Amazon there are actually 3 different models. One is black with silver rings on the face, one has grey around the face, and one is black with black rings.

Also, has anyone found an exact match on the bandana? Is it black with white? Grey with yellow?

I'm trying to track down my final 2 pieces, the watch and the bandana.

I've seen most are saying it is the gd100 for the watch, but on Amazon there are actually 3 different models. One is black with silver rings on the face, one has grey around the face, and one is black with black rings.

Also, has anyone found an exact match on the bandana? Is it black with white? Grey with yellow?
I went with the Casio GD-100-1B
the bandana I bought was a Grey Paisley very cheap off eBay
hope this helps

Picked up a bandana on eBay cheap and scored a Casio GD-100-1B for $45 on ebay!! Just need Brands, Eastlands, and Marlin and I am done

Looking awesome! Great photos. Not only does your costume look perfect, you suit the character of Owen as well.

I'm currently looking for the polo shirts JW staff members wore in the movie. They were made by Port Authority but I don't see them on their website anywhere, so if anyone ever finds them, let me know. Thanks.
My wife use to work for the company that makes Port Authority. Let me know the style number and I'll see if she can get one of her former co-workers to track one down for you. No promises though.

My wife use to work for the company that makes Port Authority. Let me know the style number and I'll see if she can get one of her former co-workers to track one down for you. No promises though.

Sadly I don't know the style number. The "Jurassic Traders" staff at Jurassic Waterloo in London had these shirts on (one in blue, another in brown) and allowed me to see the label. Thank you though.

image-guy-hat.jpg

So I have been lurking for a while, and I want to thank everyone for all the guidance and work on this costume. I have everything purchased and completed, minus the vest and the knife. The Orvis shirt, Orvis heritage belt, J brand jeans, leatherman OHT, Casio, boots, and my leatherworks replica tool holder is currently being made! For my fairly limited budget, I'm thinking the Flesh & Hide vest, and will probably purchase it this week.

Lastly, has anyone had any luck on getting a good knife with a leather side sheath that passes as a good stand in for the real thing? Thats all I will lack and have had a hard time finding a good knife with a good leather side sheath. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back