JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

Anyone have pics wearing the dynamic leather vest from eBay?

My pics on this thread are of the Dynamic Leather vest.

Ebay seller of the faded JP Lowery shirt originally sent me one with the wrong logo, which didn't match their auction pics. I emailed them about it and they corrected their shirts and sent me an accurate replacement;

11817264_10152962780697124_4261569739637647174_n.jpg

Get it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Jur...Johnson-/331592540212?var&hash=item4d3474a034

Ebay seller of the faded JP Lowery shirt originally sent me one with the wrong logo, which didn't match their auction pics. I emailed them about it and they corrected their shirts and sent me an accurate replacement;

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...=50a8973bf0fcd8bb5d1a46d4f36019dd&oe=566D6B70

Get it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Jur...Johnson-/331592540212?var&hash=item4d3474a034
your photo is hard to use as a reference for sizing and accuracy... Do you have any more photos in better light with better angle so we can see how it fits you? What size did you order and what's your chest size/height?

I just received my Dynamic Leather vest on Friday. I can post pictures of it tomorrow. I got the XL and it fits like I wanted it to. Its fairly accurate, but I find the only major difference is that the shoulders are wider then the on screen version. Overall its really nice.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...=50a8973bf0fcd8bb5d1a46d4f36019dd&oe=566D6B70

Also ordered this shirt before the officially licensed one was released. The print quality has that ironed on look, the distressing looks very shopped and the first one I received said it was a MD but had the wrong tag printed in it and was actually a LG. Quality and fit of the shirt itself isn't great either.

IMO you're much better off going with the Hot Topic officially licensed release. Logo size and color is much closer to screen accurate, the vintaging looks more natural and it's a really nice fit.

Also scoodidabop, we've now run into each other on here AND Reddit?! We're going to break the Internet! :lol

The Chris Pratt's vest is actually in dark brown. Nice stuff you shared, but any idea how much atleast this type of vest cost? You know Approx!!

The Chris Pratt's vest is actually in dark brown. Nice stuff you shared, but any idea how much atleast this type of vest cost? You know Approx!!

The original was done by Jonathan A. Logan (of Fight Club leather jacket fame) and is available on his website for $750. A little steep for my taste for a vest.

A reproduction is also being done by the rpf's own dannylopuz for $259. I'm in the run and he is currently making the first batch. Here is the thread on that: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=241760

I believe also that Indy Magnoli (also on these boards and a long time major contributor to this hobby) has a vest planned but I haven't seen any details on that yet.

Hmmm interesting. Well I was surfing around , i checked some online stores, which one of them is selling the same vest of Chris Pratt for $160. That too is made from Real Leather.

Hmmm interesting. Well I was surfing around , i checked some online stores, which one of them is selling the same vest of Chris Pratt for $160. That too is made from Real Leather.

Ignorance is bliss :rolleyes Some of those websites will take pictures from other vendors and use photos from the movie claiming that their pattern is exactly the same as the movie. And if they are stating that it is real leather, then chances are you are dealing with a cheap replica. Magnum1911 provided you with three options.

Ignorance is bliss :rolleyes Some of those websites will take pictures from other vendors and use photos from the movie claiming that their pattern is exactly the same as the movie. And if they are stating that it is real leather, then chances are you are dealing with a cheap replica. Magnum1911 provided you with three options.

Ahan Alright, but my friend got himself the Chris Pratt vest and according to him he said the leather is good, which is Real Leather. He got at some online store by the name of Hexder.

Ahan Alright, but my friend got himself the Chris Pratt vest and according to him he said the leather is good, which is Real Leather. He got at some online store by the name of Hexder.
As long as your friend is happy with it, that's all that matters. :thumbsup There are different animal hides and varying levels of quality within each of those skins. Those two factors alone make up the majority of a products price.

There is a lot of great information within this thread. As you go through it, you should be able to see the difference between a knock-off design (Hexder) and a faithful reproduction (Dannylopuz, Magnoli). Some people are content with having items that looks similar and others want to have the same items that were used in the production. The best thing to do is work within your budget and just enjoy the hobby.

As long as your friend is happy with it, that's all that matters. :thumbsup There are different animal hides and varying levels of quality within each of those skins. Those two factors alone make up the majority of a products price.

There is a lot of great information within this thread. As you go through it, you should be able to see the difference between a knock-off design (Hexder) and a faithful reproduction (Dannylopuz, Magnoli). Some people are content with having items that looks similar and others want to have the same items that were used in the production. The best thing to do is work within your budget and just enjoy the hobby.

Yes i agree, and yes my friend is happy (y). But i noticed that at some online stores like the one i talked about, they do have good stuff which they sell at that price range as i mentioned above. The vest my friend got provided, I touched it and really felt that the leather is high quality. If you look it this way, it's high quality and the price is good. As compared to other places that they sell way too expensive.

Yes i agree, and yes my friend is happy (y). But i noticed that at some online stores like the one i talked about, they do have good stuff which they sell at that price range as i mentioned above. The vest my friend got provided, I touched it and really felt that the leather is high quality. If you look it this way, it's high quality and the price is good. As compared to other places that they sell way too expensive.

It really just comes down to your preference. There's plenty of options. I thinks what makes this vest so tough is because the originals are a specifically fitted piece and made from Nubuck. Its real thin so anything else might look heavier and hang different. I was suprised when I got my Logan vest in because it was in such a small box thanks to the Nubuck.

It really just comes down to your preference. There's plenty of options. I thinks what makes this vest so tough is because the originals are a specifically fitted piece and made from Nubuck. Its real thin so anything else might look heavier and hang different. I was suprised when I got my Logan vest in because it was in such a small box thanks to the Nubuck.

You're right too. Just few mins back i met my friend and then all of a sudden I asked him about which leather the vest made from. He told me it's sheepskin. I mean just look at this point, when last time I was getting a leather jacket at some place else and not at online store they charged me more than $300. When my friend brought it, he was like "When from Hexder they selling it cheap then why go for $300". But just out of curiosity how much did you get your Logan jacket for?

You're right too. Just few mins back i met my friend and then all of a sudden I asked him about which leather the vest made from. He told me it's sheepskin. I mean just look at this point, when last time I was getting a leather jacket at some place else and not at online store they charged me more than $300. When my friend brought it, he was like "When from Hexder they selling it cheap then why go for $300". But just out of curiosity how much did you get your Logan jacket for?

My Logan vest was 850.00 plus shipping.

Whoa!! That's alot. Is the shipment for free or something? What about the leather? What is it made from?

Ummm....no, thats NOT alot for a quality jacket, made of actual sheepskin.

Hint: If it says "Genuine Leather" or "Real Leather" or anything else that tries to make it seem that the materials are "geniune" or "real", its not topgrain or a split. Its powdered crap mixed with polymer and glue, then squeezed out of a machine to form a flat sheet, then its used to make a garment.

Think of "geniune letaher" or "real leather" as nothing more than what particleboard is in the woodworking industry.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back