Kylo Ren Fabric

This is the ebay one I planned on buying and doing some mods. Can you take some more full body pics? How movie accurate is the design? (not the fabric)
It's pretty close design wise. love the pants which feel like more of a sweat pant stretchy material pleated at the sides with a pocket. I bought the XL because i'm 6'2 and it's definitely long enough. I need to shorten the size of belt that comes with it and also tighten up the sleeves so that they'll fit my arms more instead of being too loose and baggy.

- - - Updated - - -

not bad ! @ehollywood the buckle looks a little flat though still nice for the price !
Yea, Not really feeling the belt/buckle much but if i can't find a better one that isn't too expensive before Halloween, this will do. lol

First post, long time lurker, and neophyte apologies if this post is in the wrong place. I'm interested in making my own Ren costume, but namely only the external visible parts of the outfit—I'm on a pretty limited budget sadly, and replica level quality will have to wait. Meaning the outer coat, the hood and scarf/cape, and the pleated arms. If I have extra money (or extra fabric) I'd love to make the pleated section near the legs.

My primary concern right now, given my aforementioned lack of money, is making sure I buy enough fabric without buying too much if you take my meaning.

I'm a 5'10 guy, 170 pounds, athletic build but not brawny. I usually wear something close to a medium, so around a 38 chest.

How many yards total of basket weave do you recommend for the robe, hood, scarf sections of the costume? I'm still figuring out what type of fabric for the pleated arms?

I'll need to contend with the belt later on. Thanks all—love this forum, love the community here.

-Vader

Last edited:
@Sni9er

I only need a metre - can I order such a small amount?

absolutely but you'd still need to wait until the next run ^^ what will you do with such a short length .. couldn't even make a hood with that haha !

First post, long time lurker, and neophyte apologies if this post is in the wrong place. I'm interested in making my own Ren costume, but namely only the external visible parts of the outfit—I'm on a pretty limited budget sadly, and replica level quality will have to wait. Meaning the outer coat, the hood and scarf/cape, and the pleated arms. If I have extra money (or extra fabric) I'd love to make the pleated section near the legs.

My primary concern right now, given my aforementioned lack of money, is making sure I buy enough fabric without buying too much if you take my meaning.

I'm a 5'10 guy, 170 pounds, athletic build but not brawny. I usually wear something close to a medium, so around a 38 chest.

How many yards total of basket weave do you recommend for the robe, hood, scarf sections of the costume? I'm still figuring out what type of fabric for the pleated arms?

I'll need to contend with the belt later on. Thanks all—love this forum, love the community here.

-Vader

it would depend entirely on your seamstress and the pattern they intend to use all i can say is the average order is for 10 meters of fabric (meters not yards), i think with luck and some efficient cuts you could do this in less absolutely but it leaves zero room for error and you have to ask yourself would you want to spend all that money on the fabric for say 8 meters to find your 1 meter short and the next run wont arrive for 2/3 months ?

:)

absolutely but you'd still need to wait until the next run ^^ what will you do with such a short length .. couldn't even make a hood with that haha !

I was going to make a display - get one of the Disney masks (or similar) and use it to make a hood. Would 1 metre be insufficient do you think then??

I was going to make a display - get one of the Disney masks (or similar) and use it to make a hood. Would 1 meter be insufficient do you think then??

oh for a hood display i could see that working the issue with the hood is there is no lining the fabric is doubled over so depends on how you intend to drape it and iff you will make a yolk (the materiel bunched around the neck) i'd say closer to 2 meters to be safe)

my advice would be to make a practice one in a cheap materiel to get the length you need ^^

oh for a hood display i could see that working the issue with the hood is there is no lining the fabric is doubled over so depends on how you intend to drape it and iff you will make a yolk (the materiel bunched around the neck) i'd say closer to 2 meters to be safe)

my advice would be to make a practice one in a cheap materiel to get the length you need ^^

Cheers, I'll do a practice run first like you say! :)

Hey there, just found this post through a Google search for 'Kylo Ren costume' and registered.

Interested in purchasing some fabric (not sure how much I'll need for 'Outer Fabric' + hood)

I see there's an order page for the belt/saber clip. Is there an order page for the fabric? I see that it's produced in runs - how might I place an order so I can be added to the next run?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
just sent a request to join the private group. at least I think I'm trying to join the right group :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey there, just found this post through a Google search for 'Kylo Ren costume' and registered.

Interested in purchasing some fabric (not sure how much I'll need for 'Outer Fabric' + hood)

I see there's an order page for the belt/saber clip. Is there an order page for the fabric? I see that it's produced in runs - how might I place an order so I can be added to the next run?

Thanks again!

drop onto my page (see my sig) and wait for the announcement i'll be doing the next run mid october

I'll also be needing one or two meters for a hood as well. Can't wait for the next run. :)

Currently waiting on the helmet and figuring out how and where I'd like to display it so I can make a mock up hood.. just to know exactly how much I'd need.

Guys, I think I found the original fabric material (not sure though).

One of the things that Turkey is famous for is its textile (especially in the city of Denizli). I went to the textile market last weekend, which has lots of shops selling different kinds of fabric material. Anyway, we found this:

20150912_140908.jpg20150912_141017.jpg20150912_141026.jpg20150912_141225.jpg

Shamefully (of our textile sector), this fabric was imported from Italy :( I might have not caught the right angle to get the lighting correctly, but the color of the fabric is black. BTW it is a covering fabric (for sofas, etc) so it is quite thick. The shop owner said it'd take 2-3 weeks to ship to Istanbul.

The biggest downside is the price : 95€ per meter (and that is if you are paying in cash).

I may have to plan a trip to Denizli :/

- weave is much too small and too dense
- material should be 100% cotton (from what we've been told)
- most likely, any upholstery fabric is too heavy to use if you want it to flow properly

Ok guys ... I feel like i'm feeding a single morsel to a pile of hungry piranhas, there has been a request from one of my run members to drop out so ... there are 12 meters to be had, you must be willing to accept the full 12 meters and pay in full within 24 hours (£240 GBP + Shipping) I will announce the winner of the slot at 21:00 Tonight UK time Good luck !! http://bit.ly/KyloRenFabricLotto

One of the things that Turkey is famous for is its textile (especially in the city of Denizli). I went to the textile market last weekend, which has lots of shops selling different kinds of fabric material. Anyway, we found this:

View attachment 528318View attachment 528319View attachment 528320View attachment 528321

Shamefully (of our textile sector), this fabric was imported from Italy :( I might have not caught the right angle to get the lighting correctly, but the color of the fabric is black. BTW it is a covering fabric (for sofas, etc) so it is quite thick. The shop owner said it'd take 2-3 weeks to ship to Istanbul.

The biggest downside is the price : 95€ per meter (and that is if you are paying in cash).

I may have to plan a trip to Denizli :/

it is a nice fabric but as JOATRASH FX pointed out the weave is far to small and asside from the composition it's missing the finer interwoven layer between the layers warp and wefts

would be a nice substitute if it wasnt for the pricing i suspect

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back