Kylo Ren Fabric

Here is the best shot I got of the fabric. DO NOT use this for color... only for the weave.

At 100%:
attachment.php

At 50%:
attachment.php

At 25%:
attachment.php

Attachments

• kylo-ren-fabric-01.jpg
    kylo-ren-fabric-01.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 19,479
  • kylo-ren-fabric-02.jpg
    kylo-ren-fabric-02.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 20,038
  • kylo-ren-fabric-03.jpg
    kylo-ren-fabric-03.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 19,951
I've spent the better part of 5 hours today attempting to find ready-made alternative fabrics online that are at least very close. (My kingdom for a fabric district) I almost feel like someone just crochet his whole outfit. Looking at the super large images, it's a really odd weave.

These are the two closest finds. Both are basket weaves and both would need to be dyed and I'm not sure how well they'd take to dye.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/D131-LUXURI...WOOL-C0TTON-CHUNKY-BASKET-WEAVE-/181610049939
$10.43 per 1/2 meter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-yard-EGGP...en-Heavy-Upholstery-Fabric-54-w-/161668981182
$9.86 per yard

Not sure if either is very helpful. Given the prices I wonder how much it's going to be per yard for someone to custom weave fabric.

I've spent the better part of 5 hours today attempting to find ready-made alternative fabrics online that are at least very close. (My kingdom for a fabric district) I almost feel like someone just crochet his whole outfit. Looking at the super large images, it's a really odd weave.

These are the two closest finds. Both are basket weaves and both would need to be dyed and I'm not sure how well they'd take to dye.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/D131-LUXURI...WOOL-C0TTON-CHUNKY-BASKET-WEAVE-/181610049939
$10.43 per 1/2 meter.

I ordered half a meter of this yesterday as well as a black dye. However I read an acidic dye may work better for wool. I'll test out the normal dye and see what happens. Both the fabric and the dye should be here in the next few days.

Does anyone know what sort of coating is on the fabric? Is it some sort of wax or polyurethane?

Yeah you'll need acid dye for wool; you may get some dye uptake with a direct dye (Dylon etc) but it'll be touch and go and you might not get the colour you want.

thanks art thats a great shot !!
it confirms my suspicion there is a suspension layer in there !!

- - - Updated - - -

also furthermore that shot shows it's actually a 2/2 weave not a 3/2 as i'd originally thought

this is certainly not the right fabric yet (wrong weave 3/2) but it's certainly close just awaiting a sample! it has the right interfacing layer from the looks just needs to loose one weft thread haha (which i may just pull out from this if it works hahaha)

vJmeQ7n.jpg

Attachments

• 9ZInvcM.jpg
    9ZInvcM.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 281
I'm assuming that by coating they are referring to the fact that this material is coat weight not coated as in finish.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back