Kylo Ren Junk Saber Build

ELs7ZHxTQK8.jpg

Looking pretty solid so far!

My biggest concern is that in the sabre displayed at the convention, the cross-guard emitters had a noticeable bend in their placement. I don't know if this was a side-effect of it being rubber and perhaps a little droopy, or if that's a design choice to help make the hilt look a little more pieced-together and homemade. Like Kylo just kinda soldered bits together eyeballing it without a ruler.

bendu.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah we noticed the droopiness as well, but given how "straight" the crossguard looks in footage/concept art I think its just the rubber emitters sagging somewhat.

Very interested!! it's looking great so far keep up the good work. definitely include me on a list when it gets around to that time.

The model came out really great and I am looking forward to seeing an actual physical item with added detail. I cannot wait to eventually get my hands on one because I like the distressed/weather look of this saber which should lead to some fun painting.

Well done!

Overall I think it looks good... but if you're getting REALLY specific about accuracy, then a part by part breakdown will find some pretty big differences.

Depends on how accurate you're looking to get, really.

Yeah, it's certainly not perfect... but Lael is pretty certain the one on display at Star Wars Celebration is not only a stunt saber, but likely not even 3D printed-- rather, cast from rubber-- and thus likely is missing a lot of the finer details and accuracy of the actual Hero model.

Since we can't confirm whether it's the actual screen look or just a facsimile, Lael didn't want to throw dozens of hours into it. We're gonna do what we can post-print to match it up more, of course!

This should do for now until Hasbro releases a more accurate FX version ;)

Count me in too! This would be really great cold cast. And as for the blade size issue what if you made one that was accurate that couldn't hold a blade and one with the adjustments needed to hold the regular sized blade? Either way it looks fantastic! the only issue I see is that it looks a little short and I don't have one:D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back