Need Help - Small Custom Project Box

Darth_Nickel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I need some help...

I'm sure someone here can help me. I don't have the tools necessary to complete this, so I thought I would ask around.

I just received a hyperdyne voice amp, and I'm looking for a project box to keep it protected. I've been searching for weeks, and I've not found anything I like or the exact measurements that I want.

I thought, well it seems simple enough... perhaps one of the guys could help me.

Can anyone out there help me make a custom project box? I figure just 2 smple plastic halves that I can screw or snap together to the exact measurements would work right? I need it to be the exact size of the board since I'm trying to install this in my bucket and keep it a nice clean look.

The board is the following size
3" x 2.2"

I'm thinking an 3/4 - 1" deep?

I need openings in the box for the mic, speaker jack and remote push button.

Any wizards out there please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

I can think of a couple solutions

1. Buy some sheet plastic, cut it to size and glue a box together.

2. Make one out of epoxy putty, fiberglass reinforced bondo or fiberglass.

You could make a cardboard mold lined with foil and make a box that meets your needs.

3. Someone here could also likely vacuform a box to your dimensions.

In any case, the lid would likely have to screw on with nuts integrated into the body of the box; however, you could use nylon screws and run them through the entire box without worrying about shorting the board if it shifted.

If you are feeling particularly daring, you could also integrate rails for the board into the box so it would not shift. This would likely be easiest with the sheet plastic option.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back