1/36 tie advanced (1979)

Oz Fisher

I am hoping to find someone that has built an Advanced Tie recently.
I am not confident that I can mix paints - and should point out that I am a little colour blind.
I am using Acrylic paint, mainly Vallejo, and would like to match the main colour and the darker panels around the hatch and screen.
Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks, Oz.

I think tamiya haze grey (TS-32 aerosol) is a very close match or the main model.
I think you can find a model colour equivalent calculator chart somewhere online,to find a vallejo out of the bottle colour.
The solar panels can be painted satin or gloss black and i think,not sure though, the different grey panels on the hatch are german grey or neutral grey(tamiya)
Good luck on your build.

yes Tamiya TS 32 extremely close to movie filming miniature color, the panels were flat black on the tie advanced as opposed to satin finish for tie since they used the real coolshades which were satin black.

yes Tamiya TS 32 extremely close to movie filming miniature color, the panels were flat black on the tie advanced as opposed to satin finish for tie since they used the real coolshades which were satin black.

Thanks Voodoocaster and GF, sorry it has taken me some time to get back to you.
I went with Vallejo Pale Grey/Blue for the main Panels, a dark grey for the solar panels (as I intend to seal weathering in) and have just ordered German Grey (thanks Voodoocaster). I'll post some pics when complete. I intend to complete it as a battle weary Advanced Tie, mainly to practice weathering too. Oz.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back