Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet: FREE STL FILES

Re: Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet WIP

This is fantastic work, probably the best/most accurate helmet I've seen on here so far.

I know that this is a work in progress and all, but it seems to me that you're missing part of the "cheekbone" and an indentation?

View attachment 467498

accuracy i's certainly my aim so thank you so much for your kind works, i still have a lot of surfacing to do and no doubt a lot more hair pulling moments

The face ridges will come at a later stage after i get the main shape down as well as the other minor detailing

Oh wow man. I can't wait to see more. I have 0 knowledge in this end of things, but am more than willing to learn or purchase something from someone that knows what they're doing! haha .

Hey Sni9er I'm loving your work. I would like to be put on any kind of list you might have for when you start selling these! Thanks so much and keep on doing an awesome job!

Cna I put a request in for any and all high res shots of the mask ??

Love the progress so far. Definitely familiar with the pains of trying to cad something organic looking. May I add a suggestion : I don't think the front plate is a simple (1 direction bend) curve. It looks like it flares at the ends, where the cheek bones would be. Not sure how you'd model that in a way that can be unfolded, so maybe your best bet is to form those details after you've cut the sheet and work with the physical part.

the intent here is to print the whole helmet clean it up and cast ^^

i'll work on refining the faceplate on the next pass i'm not crazily happy with it but it's a good approximation for more

Well after 6 face plate detail (forehead/cheeks) revisions that i binned because i didn't like them or they weren't clean enough i've made a new start i'm moderately happy with: it's now 5:00am and it's a good point to take a break i think ! :)

z1EJdlh.png

Beautiful work! I like to think I'm decent with solidworks, but I could never get the complex curving shapes down so well! :)

Looks great. Details are wonderful, but what's your approach to ensure that main proportions will be accurate?

I'm Using multi angled plains with reference photos during the build I've also assembled a very low res 3D Scan of the face plate from the publicly available shots of the mask to ensure my surfaces are all in the correct proportion and angle to the rest of the mesh as I'm assembling it this is still my first pass once I have the helmet roughly down I will go back to the front plate and redraw it and itterate the model that way ...FOR ALL TIME.. Or until I finish hahaha

alot of non-visible progress today haha cleaned up a lot of tangencies on some of the curves and got the top of the faceplate into a solid (for printing)

net result for you guys i made precisely 18.26mm of progress on the faceplate haha, but atleast i have my method down now to work on the rest a few hours each night this week and i should have the cheeks completed fingers crossed !:D the rest of the dome shouldn't take a great deal of work

S5XKEJz.png

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back