Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet: FREE STL FILES

Re: Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet COMPLETED

Hey xD anything to make the best helmet you possibly can! The final result will be all worth it to show off the hard work put into this!

Last edited:

the Upper Face plate has been bonded so I couldn't resist a quick mock-up with all the master parts. I'm so much happier with the new dome. thank you to @MasterEdi for Inspiring that change with his awesome build

Here we have the 3 Big hitters of 3D Printing on one lid! FDM(Dome) SLA(Mouth covers and jaw greebs) and SLS for the Upper Faceplate

ruHVsSl.jpg

Jaw detail between dome and faceplate only on the left side of this shot, also the whole lid tilted down taking the peak of the dome up a tad and the yellow doesnt help haha

F054fHH.jpg

Close up on the Jaw-Dome interface greebs still to be sanded up FYI

Also my manikin was feeling a little exposed, so I covered her up ..

p4MYC7H.jpg

lM4gprX.jpg

I'll be sanding down the final details on the jaw/cheek areas later today and maybe prepping up face & Dome on a board for Molding

Exciting times !!

It is a few factors hehe
The face is tilted down a tad

the dome colour does not help

my design is certainly not perfect haha I will not deny there are things id change if I did it again

Great skills mate, looks fantastic. just got a 3D printer I hope I can teach myself to model like this. Not sure if you mentioned previously in the thread but are you going to upload the files?

It is a few factors hehe
The face is tilted down a tad

the dome colour does not help

my design is certainly not perfect haha I will not deny there are things id change if I did it again

maybe it's still not too late now? ;)

A great build nonetheless!

This design is locked in for now as ive bonded all the castables if I were to change the face slope now I would have to change everything which would mean reprinting an SLS master faceplate (which was not so cheap) haha ill take some better shots when it's all one colour at better angles/video

This design is locked in for now as ive bonded all the castables if I were to change the face slope now I would have to change everything which would mean reprinting an SLS master faceplate (which was not so cheap) haha ill take some better shots when it's all one colour at better angles/video

Sorry I did not fully appreciate the complexity of your build. It must be crazy trying to get this to where it is! I'm looking forward to seeing the final product too! All the best!

Haha yes but like all things i have to try to produce the best i can but within bounds i will for sure make a whole new lid after the film comes out and we have amazing full helmet shots side/back etc it will help a tonne

maybe the changes will be subtle and I can modify my master or maybe I have to start again who knows haha

need to go out and find some EVA today to make the skirt

Great skills mate, looks fantastic. just got a 3D printer I hope I can teach myself to model like this. Not sure if you mentioned previously in the thread but are you going to upload the files?
at some point i do indeed intend to but not just yet ^^

My 2 cents: I think the conflicting colors at the moment/possible non favorable angle of the picture, might be the biggest contributing factor to the overly "egg" shaped dome depicted.. I've been examining countless reference pics as well as comparing lines and dimensions with the 3d imaging material given, and I am just blown away at how movie accurate this is despite the limited reference material of parts of the helmet beyond just the face portion. It IMO is the best movie portrayal of the Kylo helmet thus far, which is nice because so many of the ones I see are heavily inspired by the concept art, such as the Wicked Armor one (as beautiful as it is :D .)

SIERRA117 that was a truely humbling appraisal of my helmet Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator:

I have some minor tweaking to do on that mold before I begin pouring but it's almost ready :)

I can also begin to make the molds for the other smaller greebs

Best version I've seen anywhere else, by far. It looks cool, be proud of your work.

Thanks !!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back