So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

Double T

Sr Member
I haven't seen much information on his costume, thus far, just a handful of pictures I've nabbed off the 'net.

ForceAwakensPilot3.jpgForceAwakensPilot2.jpg
ForceAwakensPilot1.jpgEp-VII-X-Wing-Pilot.jpg

Has anyone seen anything on this? Any ideas?

Tony

Hey Tony! Yes, I hear you.

Here is a picture I took and did a little work to as to take some of the blur out. It's a little crisper till we get something better.

image.jpg

I like what they did and I'm a fan. Personally, after the original trilogy X-Wing costume and all the time and expense to get that right, I'm going to go for the hands off approach.... Wait for Anovos to make theirs. :p

*laughs* Frank! I was going to put money on you being the first one to reply to this! Hell, I was hoping you'd have some stuff I overlooked!

Mind if I grab that pic for my reference files? I've got a group of VERY hands-on folks here in Indianapolis that are chomping at the bit to get something like this put together.

Please grab it.

i might not be in the mood to make one, but it's always fun to talk about and consider options.

I did did notice the buckles looked like the original trilogy ones except the sheet metal part looked bigger.

My issue is, I haven't looked at X-Wing Gear in about 10 years. I'm just liking what looks to be a lack of greeblies inserted into pouches on the flight suit, leg harnesses that look a LOT easier to walk in, and a smaller chest box.

The buckles might be the same. Hard to tell because of the way the are pointing and the addition of the straps.

the boots look like a type of duck book.

Those straps... What are they suppose to do? From the look of it they seem to only hook to the belt plus outside the leg. On the OT version, I think the idea was that they attached to the vest (not in reality as we know they just pinned the strap to the suit. But it made some sense that maybe in an ejection, it kept the vest from slipping off over the head... like the straps on a parachute. However... I don't think they gave it much thought in The Empire Strikes Back because they ran the straps under the jacket which blows that theory.

I know... I keep telling myself... Star Wars is fantasy not SciFi. Everything has its purpose and as fans, we have to believe that... I want to believe.

Hey Tony, great to see you here!

I might be interested in doing the costume once we have a few more reference pictures.

I'm definitely digging the costume, though I do wish it had a bit more greeblies on the flightsuit, like Double T mentioned. There's even places for them, the left arm even has what looks like code cylinder loops... Maybe some other pilots will have them?

I can't say I'm a fan of the helmet. It looks like it's pressed into the cheeks, and also looks very uncomfortable.

The straps are, well, just to look piloty. In the real world they either hold the parachute to the pilot, or hold the pilot to the ejection seat, so I guess they would perform the same function with an X-Wing...somehow.

I keep seeing motorcycle helmets with the cheek guards on them, so I'm guessing that's where they got the idea for that. The new helmet looks much more protective, but I agree also more uncomfortable.

I am glad that the leather gaunlets and jackboots have gone away. I like the more modern look. I think it's also neat that they incorporated the ribbed sleeves from the snowspeeder jacket (and almost every other male SW jacket) into the flightsuit as well.

Does anyone know if they had this costume on display at Celebration? Good pics from Celebration would go a long way for making out additional details as well as information on the materials used.

Offhand, I think that whatever material was used for the base flightsuit is pretty heavy judging by the way it drapes and I'm think that this would be a hot costume to wear. My guess is that the suit is made from Nomex but that would be unnecessarily costly, a heavy cotton duck might be more likely.

Does anyone know if they had this costume on display at Celebration? Good pics from Celebration would go a long way for making out additional details as well as information on the materials used.

Offhand, I think that whatever material was used for the base flightsuit is pretty heavy judging by the way it drapes and I'm think that this would be a hot costume to wear. My guess is that the suit is made from Nomex but that would be unnecessarily costly, a heavy cotton duck might be more likely.

I can almost say with certainty that it was NOT on display. I have been on a lot of Star Wars related site this weekend and seen plenty of photos of Star Wars:TFA props and costumes on display and i have not seen anything Poe or Resistance Pilot displayed.

I can almost say with certainty that it was NOT on display. I have been on a lot of Star Wars related site this weekend and seen plenty of photos of Star Wars:TFA props and costumes on display and i have not seen anything Poe or Resistance Pilot displayed.

Pity, since all of the displays that I've seen from Celebration have a plaque listing the materials used.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back