So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

If you look at a higher res version of that Vanity Fair pic, there are definitely horizontal lines on the toe.

View attachment 473482

Cool! Thanks!

Cleaned out the text.

i8yHGB2.jpg

From a costuming point of view, I don't think the shaft is going to be a big issue. The pant legs are quite long and unless you are climbing onto your X-Wing, shouldn't show too much. I think the mucker boots probably are a bit closer to the correct shade besides being too tall. Either boot will probably be passable.

Well then the smooth toe cap was a lie!

As for the top of the boot it looks to not very tall, 6-inch at most? It looks to be black in colour, any guesses on the material?

Those appear to be the right boots. I have a pair and it matches the back as far as pattern but not material you just can't see it from that angle. It does look like maybe the material might be different for just those parts. Its kind of hard to explain. The adam driver is really telling now that we know what we know. It looks like the flight suit didn't fit him right. and you can see most of the boot.Driver_3040986b.jpg

I for one REALLY REALLY like this costume. The only thing I'm not quite sold on is the helmet from the front perspective. From the side it looks great though.

If there's any costume so far from the new movie I'd have an interest in owning it's this pilot suit. Fits right in with the 30 years of improvement look. I look forward to seeing everyone's progress in dissecting the suit.

With that picture, even from the distance, it looks like the mucker shaft material, just not the same height. I suppose you could cut them down but it really doesn't seem like a big deal unless Poe is the only character that doesn't tuck his pants in. I hate to think that is the case though, I think they look much better out of the boots.

With that picture, even from the distance, it looks like the mucker shaft material, just not the same height. I suppose you could cut them down but it really doesn't seem like a big deal unless Poe is the only character that doesn't tuck his pants in. I hate to think that is the case though, I think they look much better out of the boots.

That picture to blurry to confirm height. To me it either looks like his pants are shorter.... Or... He has them tucked into the boots but then blouses over to cover the tops.

I think the mucker boots pictured are pretty consistent with what we see in the photos through the pant legs.

Also note the other pilot in the first post does not tuck his pant legs.

btw: military pilots this day and age are required to tuck their boots and gloves under their flight suit. Otherwise in a crash, those items can act like funnels and allow flammable liquid to get to your skin.

Think I may have found the belt they are using.&nbsp; http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLCE-ARMY-I...pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&amp;hash=item45fbccc86d <br><br>Looks to be this one flipped "inside out" from what I can make out in that heroic glorious hair blowing in the wind image. ;)

And yeah, I am seriously frakking excited about this costume. :D

Wow you found the belt

- - - Updated - - -

Think I may have found the belt they are using.&nbsp; http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLCE-ARMY-I...pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&amp;hash=item45fbccc86d <br><br>Looks to be this one flipped "inside out" from what I can make out in that heroic glorious hair blowing in the wind image. ;)

Wow you found the belt

Nice work.

If this is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, then I think we need to question what color the items actually are. Because to me, the belt looked gray based on tones and probably psychological since the old pilot costume belt and straps were gray.. So if the belt is green, are the leg straps, cuffs, flare holder also green? Or are they a mix of several colors? Just something to think about.

Last edited:
They definitely used that buckle for the leg harnesses..

..but likely a different material for the straps. The thickness looks off.

Nice work.

If this is true, and I have no reason to believe it is not, then I think we need to question what color the items actually are. Because to me, the belt looked gray based on tones and probably psychological since the old pilot costume belt and straps were gray.. So if the belt is green, are the leg straps, cuffs, flare holder also green? Or are they a mix of several colors? Just something to think about.

Yeah Frank, between the flightsuit and the "accessories" this color thing is worse than that black/blue dress. :p

May I suggest that the hose to the chest box may actually be some sort of beaded string - like alternating large and small plastic rings on a cord. It does not appear to spiral like many corrugated hoses. I've never seen hose quite like that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back