So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

I'm curious about the blaster. I assume that is one on his right hip, and not a cordless drill!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I think they are a type of sewn in chaps

They aren't completely sewn down, though; it looks like the lower end of the hose disappears into the pocket on the left hip chap thing.

chaps pocket.jpg

I've been lurking for a while, and have started assembling parts for my pilot costume. I've been looking at flight suit. I thought it looked similar to race wear and contacted the supplier of the original XWing flight suits in the UK, to no avail. I've since moved on and found this coverall by Weenas.
18343167605_327dc80110_o.jpg

My logic is a number of parts have been added on top of the overalls to disguise it, e.g. the elasticated cuffs. For me it ticks a number of boxes, mainly the colour, the neck and the concealed zipper.

What are peoples thoughts?

Going by the points you mentioned and that front yolk stitching it looks to be the closest ready-made item I have seen so far. And it gives me an idea of what fabric to use...maybe.

I had an old chair that matched them almost exactly. The chair sat around forever but recently went out to the trash.

Last edited:
Could be a spindle like you said. If it is wood and assuming a found item, it could also be from anything that has a small round wood handle (tools, kitchen utensils, daggers, trays, etc..) And then we do not even know if the cap is an add-on. Ugg.

Solo has cylinders on the chest of his jacket but they do not appear to be a match.

To date, this would be the best shot of the gloves. I've been looking online on the huge assumption that they are found items with little or no modifications.

He's my take away. The gloves are leather or kevlar. The may have armor or padding in the knuckle area. So possible a motorcycle glove. There is also what appears to be a distinctive wide raised ridging (at least two) that goes vertical on the cuff/gauntlet. Thoughts?

To date, this would be the best shot of the gloves. I've been looking online on the huge assumption that they are found items with little or no modifications.

He's my take away. The gloves are leather or kevlar. The may have armor or padding in the knuckle area. So possible a motorcycle glove. There is also what appears to be a distinctive wide raised ridging (at least two) that goes vertical on the cuff/gauntlet. Thoughts?

It's tough to tell with that watermark RIGHT on top of it, but it definitely loots like some kind of internal armoring, like motorcross gloves and the like.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back