So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

I think I found the correct hose:http://hoseworld.com/acatalog/automotive_and_marine_hose.html
Scroll down and open the PDF datasheet

Here is an image from a company website that produces the material to make hoses and they have some images for samples. I believe this is the same one as above but I simply thought it might be nice to get a closer look.

EPDM%20Corrugated%20Hoses%20Goodflex%20Rubber%20Co..jpg

Great stuff! The original chest box hose was 25mm OD, So that is the minimum, but the photos so far it seems to be bigger. So I agree on the earlier statement that it is likely the 31.5mm

I believe the small straps on the legs are attached to the pant legs at the point of the inside seam.

If you look at the hires Rolling Stones image, you will see the seam of the strap lines up with the seam of the pant leg. Then if you go to the first post an look at the pilot climbing up to the cockpit (heh... I said cock) you will see that the strap at the inner leg gets pulled in such a way as to indicate that it is attached at the seam of the pants.

It makes sense because those straps are not cinched tight. It's the only way they would stay up.

- - - Updated - - -

Any thoughts on the cylinders holstered on the leg (I refuse to call them leg flares :facepalm)?

Maybe not but everything else has been so far. I do agree that the vest and the flight suit were probably in house items. We will need a good base to build one however and this driver suit could be a good one to start with just at pockets and pleated "staps" on the side and around the neck.
On another note is it me or does the chest box seem like a found item.

i wonder of the straps in question are connected to the bottom straps that go around the calf

The small straps around the legs do not seem to be attached to anything except with the fore mention possibly of being attracted to the pant legs themselves. The straps hanging from the belt seem to just be hanging. Take q look at all the reference images throughout this thread.

I do not think the flightsuit could be a found item.

I'm not expecting the suit to be a found item but they may have contracted a UK company that makes such items to make suits to their specs.

i think we should try to get more info on the gloves. I think an item like that could be a found item.

I'm not expecting the suit to be a found item but they may have contracted a UK company that makes such items to make suits to their specs.

I think is is probably right. Definitely looks very similar to a flame-retardant race suit or nomex, but I highly doubt its an off-the-shelf model. Look how thick the suit looks in this pic in particular (almost looks like leather or something even):

poe-dameron.jpg

Poe-Dameron-Chest-Box.jpg
Based on the actor's listed height and on known objects such as the slide buckles - I've projected that the chest box is about 4.75 in x 5.75 in. The widest part of the hose is 1.25 in. or 31.5 mm O.D.

While they could have easily just added pockets to the legs, If they are original to the suit, Id assume It would have had to of been some kind of military garb or something that would have needed storage space. though I will say that race suit is pretty dang close. But would there be any other race manufacturers of a similar suit that would have included pockets for any reason if it was just for racing? Though they could have just added pockets in house ofcorse. I'm just thinking out loud here.

While they could have easily just added pockets to the legs, If they are original to the suit, Id assume It would have had to of been some kind of military garb or something that would have needed storage space. though I will say that race suit is pretty dang close. But would there be any other race manufacturers of a similar suit that would have included pockets for any reason if it was just for racing? Though they could have just added pockets in house ofcorse. I'm just thinking out loud here.

No not at all. In fact I have scoured the internet looking up rescue flight suits, orange flight suits, helicopter flightsuits. It looks like they were trying to emulate the look of the nasa space suttle flight suits. 7 fights suit 1.jpg7 flight suit 2.jpg 7 flight suit 3.jpg

I chose that racing suit because it has the cuff and has no additional stitching which most race suits have

It seems like it's made of cotton. Looks like an Insulated Coverall in build, but a flight suit in utility. I really hope there's a base suit out there that they modified because I personally love this costume

Maybe we have this all wrong. Maybe it's a 2 piece, and the straps are supposed to be suspenders for under the vest, but Poe is just too cool to wear them properly ;) Though that would mean the belt would have to be attached to the pants or at least go through belt loops and I see no such thing.

Interesting. The ribbing going down the arms of the flightsuit is a different material than the flightsuit material (a different color). The weird turtleneck collar is also a different material, though it appears to be the same material as the ribbing...

And is it just me, or does it look like Poe is sitting in a rolling office chair in the picture above? :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back