So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

W75cxET.jpg
AlMKaHs.jpg
Sorry that took so long, there ya go! I see no buttons and no snaps, just very loose fitting sleeves that flip down when Poe reaches for the switches above him. These are the only clear screencaps, but watching the scene over and over even the blurs are solid, with no closure.
You can just offer the shirts with and without snaps, but I think they have no closure.

I've fully finished my v1 helmet - It ended up being quite a bit too small so the majority of the base rim has been dremelled off. We've made some improvements to the 3D printer, but as we fly out for a few weeks tomorrow, nothing will happen until we get home. In the meantime, I get to wear this one around disneyland & disneyworld.

You look amazing! Do you mind explaining how you did your holster and posting some more pictures of it?

Thank you so much, i'm fairly new to crafting with foam, but i searched for reference pics online (mostly used the 18 inch figure) i then drew a template on card and transferred it to 10mm eva foam for the base, all one piece, used a knife to score the criss cross pattern (not totally accurate, but hey), then i went over it with a heat gun and curved it and glued with contact cement, used 2mm foam for the details, and covered with a coat of pva glue, i attached a strap with a chicago screw to hang it from my belt. i think i made it a little too big, more of the gun should be showing, but its ok, i also made one for a guy in L.A.

12631557_521629878014224_2794770407547687650_n.jpg12631486_521629904680888_4438847973078968369_n.jpg12499421_10153592577076634_75271894_o.jpg12422155_10153592577721634_1967481409_o.jpg12499552_10153592576926634_710698150_o.jpg

Those look really good Magnoli! What does the dark olive look like? I still think the screen used pants are just a dark muddy green, but I can totally see how they could seem brown.

I second that. I've set up an email alert with Po-Zu in case the Well 2 comes back before I absolutely need it in July, but honestly I wouldn't be heartbroken about a cheaper "close enough" option anyway.

Same. I think that's the hardest part to find so far. That, and his rifle. I suppose I could narrow down my cosplay to "Poe post-rescue by Finn, but pre-crash on Jakku" where he wouldn't have his weapon. :)

Same. I think that's the hardest part to find so far. That, and his rifle. I suppose I could narrow down my cosplay to "Poe post-rescue by Finn, but pre-crash on Jakku" where he wouldn't have his weapon. :)

Ugh, the rifle! The rifle is killing me. It's the prop I want to have. I just know I'm going to run into about a thousand Kylo Rens, so the opportunity to recreate the "frozen blaster bolt" pose is tantalizing. :lol

Missed this on the first pass, regarding Poe wearing the "short" version of the boot...

Poe has short ones too, but Oscar Isaac is a size 10, so he's not wearing the women's boot so they must be available somewhere.

The site that sells these posted later upthread, has them up to US women's size 11, which is pretty much a men's size 10. So it's entirely possible Oscar's wearing the women's boot in the Visual Dictionary pic...

Also, just realized from the VD picture of Jess Pava, there's a callout indicating her flight suit is "Interstellar Orange" in color. I can't help but wonder if that's a tongue-in-cheek "Swarzifying" of "International Orange", a real-world color often used for protective clothing in military, first-responder, and similar attire. And, conveniently, available in 1000-denier Cordura. I'll get a swatch next time I'm at Seattle Fabrics. Anyone wanting to check it out firsthand for suitability, send me a PM with your address and I'll mail off a bit for you to examine. :)

--Jonah

Last edited:
I'm SURE it's a riff on International Orange, but the IO color in Cordura is too orange to my eye. I think they used a color called "orange.com"

Missed this on the first pass, regarding Poe wearing the "short" version of the boot...

The site that sells these posted later upthread, has them up to US women's size 11, which is pretty much a men's size 10. So it's entirely possible Oscar's wearing the women's boot in the Visual Dictionary pic...

Also, just realized from the VD picture of Jess Pava, there's a callout indicating her flight suit is "Interstellar Orange" in color. I can't help but wonder if that's a tongue-in-cheek "Swarzifying" of "International Orange", a real-world color often used for protective clothing in military, first-responder, and similar attire. And, conveniently, available in 1000-denier Cordura. I'll get a swatch next time I'm at Seattle Fabrics. Anyone wanting to check it out firsthand for suitability, send me a PM with your address and I'll mail off a bit for you to examine. :)

--Jonah

I second that. I've set up an email alert with Po-Zu in case the Well 2 comes back before I absolutely need it in July, but honestly I wouldn't be heartbroken about a cheaper "close enough" option anyway.

i don't know if these are close enough, but it's the best I can find so far. I haven't purchased them yet...I'm waiting to see if something better comes along. I have until the end of June to find a pair of boots, so I'll see what happens.

http://www.drmartens.com/us/p/industrial-boots-industrial-greasy-icon-2295-sbf

i can't seem to find anything with the top strap that isn't just a basic rubber Wellington rain boot. It's really frustrating!

i don't know if these are close enough, but it's the best I can find so far. I haven't purchased them yet...I'm waiting to see if something better comes along. I have until the end of June to find a pair of boots, so I'll see what happens.

http://www.drmartens.com/us/p/industrial-boots-industrial-greasy-icon-2295-sbf

i can't seem to find anything with the top strap that isn't just a basic rubber Wellington rain boot. It's really frustrating!

Those are pretty good. I don't love the loops, and the yellow stitching would have to get dyed/painted (easy enough fix), but it's certainly a start. I think you may be onto something looking through work boots!

A US women's size 11 is usually a US men's size 9, not 10. Of course, it will depend on the boot itself and how it fits, but generally it's a two-size difference.

All the charts I've seen over the years give it as a size-and-a-half difference, so a women's 11 would ostensibly be a men's 9.5. But like you said, depending on fit... If there is no men's boot with the low-rise upper, we could maybe take this to mean they run large -- up to a half size -- or maybe they squished Oscar into them a la Peter Cushing and his riding boots in ANH. Depending on how they're built, I can squeeze reasonably comfortably into a full size smaller than my ideal.

My real point was: Given the variables involved, Oscar definitely could be wearing the women's boot in that and other images where he appears to have the low-rise version, and there could easily not be a men's equivalent out there to keep looking for.

--Jonah

Or, they could just cut the top of the men's boot off. After all, we do not see the top of the boot in the costume.

All the charts I've seen over the years give it as a size-and-a-half difference, so a women's 11 would ostensibly be a men's 9.5. But like you said, depending on fit... If there is no men's boot with the low-rise upper, we could maybe take this to mean they run large -- up to a half size -- or maybe they squished Oscar into them a la Peter Cushing and his riding boots in ANH. Depending on how they're built, I can squeeze reasonably comfortably into a full size smaller than my ideal.

My real point was: Given the variables involved, Oscar definitely could be wearing the women's boot in that and other images where he appears to have the low-rise version, and there could easily not be a men's equivalent out there to keep looking for.

--Jonah

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back