Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member MasterEdi's Avatar
    Dec 5, 2017, 8:34 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #801

Thanks to @Indy Magnoli, I’ll be ready for TLJ!.... Fantastic work as usual!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F8452BCC-C2A1-4351-B0C2-DF010D86CCAD.jpeg 
Views:	177 
Size:	438.3 KB 
ID:	778443
  2. Dec 7, 2017, 9:40 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #802

That's looking good! On further review, i actually think i may need to shorten my jacket by 5/8" to an inch.

MasterEdi said: View Post
    Thanks to @Indy Magnoli, I’ll be ready for TLJ!.... Fantastic work as usual!

Name:	F8452BCC-C2A1-4351-B0C2-DF010D86CCAD.jpeg 
Size:	438.3 KB 
ID:	778443
  3. Lord Commander RPF Premium Member Gordon Gekko's Avatar
    From
    Tejas
    Dec 10, 2017, 1:53 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #803

Heads up. Amazon has deal of the day on the black series Poe helmets. $45 Shipped For The Next 12 Hours. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Dec 12, 2017, 2:46 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #804

Having a difficult time finding US sellers for Poe's pilot boots. Anyone got a brand name or a link to a US seller? JD williams is out of stock in the black size 11.
    Last edited by jtmtmtl; Dec 12, 2017 at 4:06 PM.
  5. Member Since
    May 2015
    Dec 17, 2017, 1:04 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #805

Hey guys, so I spoke with White Sheep Leather to see if I could have a Poe Dameron made on time for the premiere. Luckily, they were able to and I wanted to show how it came out. These are the photos they sent me:

Looks darker than it really is. I asked for it not to be waxed, because I wanted to work on that myself. I think its pretty good, got it for $170. Although, only a few things I'd fix would be the patch and the zipper, cause he has the hook and eye thing instead. Fit me great tho! And I did't feel it was too long, except maybe the sleeves, but then again it looks like it covers Poe's hands a bit as well. Here are some pics of me wearing it at the premiere and at a con I just went to:

(Gotta have the Black series helmet ofc!)

All in all, I feel the jacket is very nicely made and it fit me great! For a nice price too! Made the boots myself, cant really afford the Pozu boots rn, same with the holster. I do plan on remaking the holster later on though.

Also, thanks to Gordon Gekko for the helmet link when it was on sale, great price!
  6. Dec 17, 2017, 10:21 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #806

Looking good!

Zeuqzalev101 said: View Post
    Hey guys, so I spoke with White Sheep Leather to see if I could have a Poe Dameron made on time for the premiere. Luckily, they were able to and I wanted to show how it came out. These are the photos they sent me:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8d473acca8.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...93633c2146.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ed15ba14c1.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6e652575b1.jpg

Looks darker than it really is. I asked for it not to be waxed, because I wanted to work on that myself. I think its pretty good, got it for $170. Although, only a few things I'd fix would be the patch and the zipper, cause he has the hook and eye thing instead. Fit me great tho! And I did't feel it was too long, except maybe the sleeves, but then again it looks like it covers Poe's hands a bit as well. Here are some pics of me wearing it at the premiere and at a con I just went to:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5a98d0748a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...82be565573.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8373d19310.jpg

(Gotta have the Black series helmet ofc!)

All in all, I feel the jacket is very nicely made and it fit me great! For a nice price too! Made the boots myself, cant really afford the Pozu boots rn, same with the holster. I do plan on remaking the holster later on though.

Also, thanks to Gordon Gekko for the helmet link when it was on sale, great price!
    - - - Updated
  7. Dec 17, 2017, 10:25 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #807

Does this settle the leather or waxed cotton debate, or make it worse?

Name:	65433DF2-3A43-43AC-8F7B-0B0B9A6A192B.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	780477
  8. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    From
    Los Angeles, California
    Dec 17, 2017, 12:02 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #808

CaptainTightpantsCosplay said: View Post
    Does this settle the leather or waxed cotton debate, or make it worse?

Name:	65433DF2-3A43-43AC-8F7B-0B0B9A6A192B.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	780477
    Eh, neither, really. It only definitively answers what it's supposed to be in universe.
  9. Member Since
    May 2015
    Dec 17, 2017, 2:10 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #809

CaptainTightpantsCosplay said: View Post
    Looking good!

- - - Updated
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Zeuqzalev101; Apr 29, 2018 at 7:16 PM.
    From
    My own imagination.
    Dec 18, 2017, 4:18 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #810

Recreating the look of the movie is cool but someone should have a go at creating a hypothetical alternative look for Poe!
    Comic plus movie plus imagination could equal a cool look? Maybe? No?...

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Dec 18, 2017, 8:52 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #811

ManOfGallifrey said: View Post
    Eh, neither, really. It only definitively answers what it's supposed to be in universe.

My thoughts exactly! Ah yes, the famous Runyip of Yavin, prized for it's hide that strangely resembles waxed cotton. Lol.
    From
    San Diego
    Dec 23, 2017, 3:33 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #812

I know there's debate over whether Poe's casual boots are brown or black. Po Zu boots in brown are on sale right now. I actually just bought a black pair (though haven't received them yet), but I'm considering getting a pair in brown too. Do they run pretty true to size? How did you guys decide on which colour to get?
  13. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    From
    Brooklyn, NY
    Dec 30, 2017, 6:41 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #813

I have exact measurements if someone can tell me who might be printing these...
  14. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    From
    Brooklyn, NY
    Dec 30, 2017, 6:46 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #814

Taff said: View Post
    Hey, so I'm still searching for the sleeve/collar trim for Poe's flight suit. I've bought the elastic that some have made work really well on theirs, but it's pretty wide and I have very thin arms so I'm hoping to find something closer or a method to make my own. I've been through everything here and on the Rebel Legion forums with little luck.

Any chance anyone has a lead they haven't posted about yet? Anyone who has completed this costume, can you tell me what you ended up using on yours?

One thing I've noticed is that the trim on Poe's suit looks sort of fuzzy, almost like corduroy:

Attachment 641696

BUT the close up from Jess Pava's suit on display looks like a pretty tight, clean weave:

Attachment 641694

Has anyone else noticed this? Any thoughts? I did find a company that makes a fat corduroy that looks very close on Alibaba, but it's coming from China and there's no good way to communicate with the seller to explain what I want. (Also it would come as wider fabric I'd have to cut down and pipe if I did that.)

The trim on the costumes really does look ready made to me aside from all of that. There's even a break in it on Jess' costume near the shoulder where you can see that a new piece was added on which makes me think that this may have come from a pre-made roll:

Attachment 641695

The discrepancy in texture between Jess' and Poe's trims seem to suggest that they're not the same OR that Poe's was distressed more to soften it maybe. So right now I've got two options: try to alter the elastic or try make my own from scratch using cartridge pleating (which I've tried and it's not easy for ridges this small) and neither option is ideal. Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

It's a box pleat. Cut from a fabric roll and I think they used a foot of some kind to finish the edges off. It's cotton too. However the store in NY that sold it to Foodles is officially out. I got some elastic stuff that kind of looks like it. But it's super stiff.

Name:	G9cq6B1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	913.2 KB 
ID:	783356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCLwGEz.jpg 
Size:	377.9 KB 
ID:	783357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quno9qo.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	783358
    From
    Orange, CA
    Dec 31, 2017, 5:32 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #815

Woah, that fabric sheet is super helpful! You don't have one of those for the vest, do you?
  16. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    From
    Brooklyn, NY
    Dec 31, 2017, 9:36 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #816

Risu said: View Post
    Woah, that fabric sheet is super helpful! You don't have one of those for the vest, do you?
    Sorry bud. It's all I have. I do have accurate measurements of everything and have touched the vest if you wanna DM me for details.
  17. Jan 2, 2018, 10:40 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #817

Dude, I love you. The fact that you have confirmed that the suit itself is Cordura validates me more than you would ever know.

DShinShin said: View Post
    It's a box pleat. Cut from a fabric roll and I think they used a foot of some kind to finish the edges off. It's cotton too. However the store in NY that sold it to Foodles is officially out. I got some elastic stuff that kind of looks like it. But it's super stiff.

Name:	G9cq6B1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	913.2 KB 
ID:	783356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCLwGEz.jpg 
Size:	377.9 KB 
ID:	783357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quno9qo.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	783358
  18. Member Since
    Dec 2016
    Jan 2, 2018, 10:46 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #818

Denny,

Thanks for the extended research on the materials - this is great stuff!

Peter
    From
    Florence, italy
    Apr 19, 2018, 10:12 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #819

Hi guys!
    I really love Poe Dameron character, I helped by boyfriend with the pilot version from Episode VII and he's been recently approved in Rebel Legion. Now, he's thinking of preparing the more casual Episode VIII version, so I started looking and found the PoZu Poe Dameron Boots... they are REALLY expensive! Do you know if they're sold only on the official PoZu website? I also tried to look on ebay and similar but I can't find them.
    Here's 2 photos of the pilot version.

Name:	29177988_2021592514641952_7636755380681663219_n.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	810966 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29512300_1703538879701616_7714656473590937143_n.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	810967
    The flight-suit and the vest have been entirely tailored made, we found the perfect orange fabric so we didn't have to dye it. The gloves and the boots have been purchased and are the same of the movie. The chest box, the leg flares and the blaster are 3d printed, colored and weathered. The belt, harness and hose have been purchased on Etsy and then weathered. The helmet is the Anovos Poe Dameron Helmet.
    From
    Portland, OR, USA
    Jun 26, 2018, 2:01 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #820

Does anyone know someone who sells replacement mod greeblies for the Black Series Poe Dameron helmet? I've seen them a bazillion times but now that I'm looking for them I can't seem to find any.
    From
    New York, USA
    Jul 18, 2018, 2:31 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #821

Question: TLJ version of the chestbox, how can I light up the square button lights? I know about using LEDs, but specifically the square buttons themselves. I have 3D printed dark plastic. Where can I get white or translucent buttons so I can light them up with LEDs? Please share your secrets thanks.
  22. Member Since
    Dec 2016
    Jul 18, 2018, 2:46 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #822

We haven’t wired ours yet for the leds, but we did swap out the 3d print buttons for ones in laser cut blue and white translucent acrylic from the local plastic shop. Took me long enough to decide on our helmet paint schemes but the wiring is next
  23. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    From
    Florida
    Jul 19, 2018, 12:01 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #823

same, I used white translucent acrylic. I happened to have a piece that was actually a Tshirt display fold board. About 1/16" thick. I just cut them out with the dremel and shaped them to fit snugly in the openings, then glued them in place. You will need colored leds to go behind it if you use white acrylic. I used 1 red and 1 blue on mine.

I'm not sure what you could use that is readily available though....plastic silverware might work, maybe a white plastic knife if it's large enough?

I think you could also just use clear acrylic and dye it with idye poly or maybe even RIT for synthetics.
    Haven't actually tried it for that purpose, but I dyed a visor from clear to red with idye and it worked OK.

If you can't find anything let me know and I can see if I can find the leftover white acrylic piece I used.
    Last edited by Redwillow; Jul 19, 2018 at 12:10 PM.
    From
    New York, USA
    Jul 21, 2018, 2:13 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #824

Thanks for responses. I have white acrylic coming soon. I'm taking it to a plastics place to be cut. I also ordered colored LEDs. I'm gonna attempt to wire something. Wish me luck.
  25. Member Since
    Oct 2015
    From
    Florida
    Jul 21, 2018, 7:51 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #825

triumphfx said: View Post
    Thanks for responses. I have white acrylic coming soon. I'm taking it to a plastics place to be cut. I also ordered colored LEDs. I'm gonna attempt to wire something. Wish me luck.
    You can use this to show you how to do the circuit and what resistor you need:
    http://ledcalculator.net/

A 9v will work fine to power them.