So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

I know the vast majority of this thread has been toward his flight suit but anyone have more information on his opening outfit? Mostly the pants and shirt because the boots have already been IDed

Let’s start with the jacket. I have the Indy Magnoli jacket. While I feel that the color is a little darker than it should be (he’s probably addressed this by now) I am absolutely in love with this jacket. It will be tailor made to you and you will seriously wear this often as an every day piece. I never make it back to the house without receiving at least one complement on it.

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/fin...ather-jackets-by-magnoli-clothiers-p-646.html

The greeblies and buckles I got from JJ on the RPF. I highly recommend letting him paint and weather them as he does a great job! Also, the buckle thing that goes on the strap is closed in the back. Some people have been taking their jacket to a tailor to have it attached, don’t do that. Take a dremmel to the back of it and gut a groove just wide enough to fit the strap through sideways. Fits nice and snug.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251172&highlight=finn

Danny on the RPF is also refining the design on his jacket at almost half the price. While his last run is a little less accurate in cut, the color is way closer and can be easily made to look just right with some weathering. (NOTE: he will also be offering a set of metal greeblies and buckles to go with it on his next run)

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=247396&highlight=finn

Now for the boots. The actual screen used boots are called “well 2 Black” from a company called Po-Zu. The price tag will be a little jarring at first but just like the jacket, they are incredibly comfortable and also get compliments on the street quite often.

http://po-zu.com/collections/mens-boots/products/well-2-black

These pants are the most accurate in design (particularly waist height) but you will have to do some dye work to get the color just right.

https://independence-chicago.com/fatigue-pants/

The shirt is actually an Indian kurta. It is pretty hard to find these in a close cut to what we need, especially without some crazy embroidery all over the front. Luckily, after WAY to much time digging around, I found a maker on ETSY that had something very close. I sent her an email and she was extremely accommodating about lowering the neckline for me. The color I chose was “natural linen.” After seeing the film, I believe that their “soft yellow” color is a little more accurate.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/10...D1oV4rmVtI&eaid=27013406690&x_eaid=e1a794fe1a

The buckle I also found on ETSY. Ask them NOT to apply the protective layer. Leave it in a drawer for a few days and it will weather itself perfectly.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/10...SS513ixiuB&eaid=27013406690&x_eaid=e1a794fe1a

For the belt, I took kind op a weird approach. It was harder than I thought it would be to find a belt that had the thickness, color, and weathering I wanted. I ended up finding the perfect one but I had to saw off the existing buckle so i could replace it with my buckle. To attach the new buckle, I took some tin snips to the connecter and slid it through. Then I re-attached it with a soldering iron.

http://www.hm.com/us/product/11428?article=11428-A&cm_vc=SEARCH

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any further questions! 12376293_10206804275803594_8086050000724908709_n.jpg

12376293_10206804275803594_8086050000724908709_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this helps and feel free to ask any further questions!View attachment 570238

you look amazing! I'm seriously considering going with Danny's jacket, just due to budgets right now. I was looking at going with the one on celebs leather jackets but the price seems too good to be true and the more I look at it the more the inaccuracies bother me

Last edited by a moderator:
you look amazing! I'm seriously considering going with Danny's jacket, just due to budgets right now. I was looking at going with the one on celebs leather jackets but the price seems too good to be true and the more I look at it the more the inaccuracies bother me

Danny's jacket is already pretty dang close and he seems confident that the second run will be damn near spot on. I have one of his Captain America jackets and the quality is outstanding. I will also be getting one of these from him so I can properly dirty it up! I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially at his price point. Please don't go with the extreme budget route. I have seen about 4 different "cheap" versions of this jacket and they are TERRIBLE.

Unless someone finds the original material manufacturer and gets a run done, I think the elastic is a close as we get. It looks great and very convincing on the suits we've made at aout base so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you share measures of the chest panel?

I can. When I get home from the holidays, I'll post up a scan I did of the template with a scale in it.

I was able to cut it down by an inch by simply using a .5 inch seam allowance when creating the collar, if you edge stitch and enclose seams you will not need to worry about fraying.

It's pretty stiff and doesn't take to being cut down well. What I did with mine was start the bottom edge just below the bottom edge of the collar. Still tall, but looked decent.

I was able to cut it down by an inch by simply using a .5 inch seam allowance when creating the collar, if you edge stitch and enclose seams you will not need to worry about fraying.

Good to know - I'll have to try that when I have more time and material to spare. Version 2.0 will be in progress soon.

Received these boots from this seller, they aren't identical with the posted photo for the auction. Looks like a newer version exists. I'll get photos up in a few.

This thread has been really helpful so far in planning for my generic pilot, so thank you all for your hard work and dedication.
For any fellow aussies hanging around here I plan on 3D printing the helmet and if all goes well I may start printing it for people locally who dont want to pay the usual crazy overseas shipping. I'll also most likely be printing the chest box and glie-44 and almost definitely be printing leg flare sets.
I'd like to ask if anyone's had any luck with making the holster for the glie-44, and also the vest. I feel that that vest will most definitely be a bit of a pain. Does anyone have a sort of pattern made up/guide of some sort and if you have made it what fabrics did you use? From the images I've looked at it seems to have a similar kind of appearance to a lot of life jackets used on boats (I have one sitting next to me at the moment comparing it to the image I have up of the vest) but the padded bits continue to confuse me, as does the clasp below the chest box.

Thumbs.jpg

I've spent the week perusing this thread for future Resistance Pilot plans -- Thank you all for your hard work and great eyes!

I noticed some banter about the pilot gloves -- does anyone have the model information for the single-thumb plate gloves? Jessika Pava appears to have one plate, where Poe and Snap appear to have two plates on the thumb.

Thanks!

I'm in Brisbane. Thinking about doing a Snap Wexley. :)

This thread has been really helpful so far in planning for my generic pilot, so thank you all for your hard work and dedication.
For any fellow aussies hanging around here I plan on 3D printing the helmet and if all goes well I may start printing it for people locally who dont want to pay the usual crazy overseas shipping. I'll also most likely be printing the chest box and glie-44 and almost definitely be printing leg flare sets.
I'd like to ask if anyone's had any luck with making the holster for the glie-44, and also the vest. I feel that that vest will most definitely be a bit of a pain. Does anyone have a sort of pattern made up/guide of some sort and if you have made it what fabrics did you use? From the images I've looked at it seems to have a similar kind of appearance to a lot of life jackets used on boats (I have one sitting next to me at the moment comparing it to the image I have up of the vest) but the padded bits continue to confuse me, as does the clasp below the chest box.

Not sure if this helps anyone here or not, but there's a Poe helmet on display! I'll be here for a week so I can get more pics if needed. They also have a Poe blaster out as well!

Great pics any from the other side and rear? Also I'd love some decent pics of the blaster 2? if you have the time?

Paul

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back