So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

Hi Guy's,

I'm the 'new one' just hitting this thread.
Awesome references collected here!

About Nomex, found something:
meta-aramid-nomex-fabric-46.jpg
Meta Aramid (Nomex) Fabric
Component: 100% meta-aramid fiber
Weight: 60-250g/sqm

The orange one looks quite nice , maybe the structure is a bit rough...

On the Helmet question: I will try to work with a Motorcycle base for a prototype:
Kochmann Redbike RB-850 pilot helmet
Basic shape quite good, including the back.neck partition, but needs adapting the helmet base such as the 'ears' and the mowhawk.
It suits well to add the oversize visor shield.

Best thing, the price: about 99€ ( about 105*USD)
redbike angle.jpgredbike back.jpgredbike front.jpgredbike inside.jpgredbike side.jpgredbike top.jpg

Have a safe flight :)
[/h]

meta-aramid-nomex-fabric-46.jpg

redbike angle.jpg

redbike back.jpg

redbike front.jpg

redbike inside.jpg

redbike side.jpg

redbike top.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guy's,

I'm the 'new one' just hitting this thread.
Awesome references collected here!

About Nomex, found something:
View attachment 557252
Meta Aramid (Nomex) Fabric
Component: 100% meta-aramid fiber
Weight: 60-250g/sqm

The orange one looks quite nice , maybe the structure is a bit rough...

On the Helmet question: I will try to work with a Motorcycle base for a prototype:
Kochmann Redbike RB-850 pilot helmet
Basic shape quite good, including the back.neck partition, but needs adapting the helmet base such as the 'ears' and the mowhawk.
It suits well to add the oversize visor shield.

Best thing, the price: about 99€ ( about 105*USD)
View attachment 557253View attachment 557254View attachment 557255View attachment 557256View attachment 557257View attachment 557258

Have a safe flight :)

That is a really great budget option! I just got my SPH-4 in yesterday and plan on getting started this weekend. For the black "ear rings,'' i found these motorcycle speedometer covers that will do nicely with minimal modding:

http://kiwavmotors.com/en/accessori...-ring-visor-cover-aluminum-matte-black-detail

s-l225.jpg

SS-656B-speedometer__3_280x280.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guy's, A few weeks back I ordered a big chunk of the bits I will need for my costume. Today I had a knock at the door(the postman) and I had two packages. This was a good thing, by the feel 1 was the pair of boots I had ordered(not an exact match but will do) and the other was a mystery until I opened it. The other large yellow package was the arm/collar trim from the Etsy place via South Korea(the same as the boots.). It always amazes me that I can order stuff from practically the other side of the planet and I have no problems but if I order in my own country I end up with days of nasty emails and arguments over the colour a belt actually is. Long story short PLCE belts shown on Ebay 1st lot pic showed tan/desert but were actually green. 2nd lot have been sent green supplier admits it is there mistake but refuses to send the correct ones out until they get the others back(understandable really) despite I have send them proof that they have been sent. Anyway I now have most of the parts I need to start mine off. 2 x orange boiler suits to bash into the flight suit enough webbing to lift a small car and the boots, gloves and my control box has been printed(just awaiting arrival on that puppy), so maybe I aught to get started?

Paul

Adding some updates on my overall build

Here is a completed flight suit V2, with redesigned chaps and pockets based on the display costume in NYC

gl4BupN.jpg

Pen Loops

fvw9QkF.jpg

Glasses Loop

iIr8Oe2.jpg

Base of the vest

yRWLjx4.jpg

rS16wcn.jpg

Back of the vest

6hA236j.jpg

Eirriss Ryloth Defense Tech Glie-44 blaster pistol, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, got to kill every first order trooper in the room; accept no substitutes.

YOOHUcc.jpg

how can I get my hands on one of those blaster beauties?

oh about the flightsuit:
Great job!

constructive comments:
- Your color looks a bit too 'red' on the pictures, it should be more a very dirty orange, goi'n into red.
The pockets on the original costume, especially the one on it's hips (on the outside) are very wide, and form worn out bulky pockets.

The fabric structure you use is pretty cool, looks like the good texture to me :)

all together a very good job!!!

By the way (this is an insider)
I had the pleasure to see and handle some of the screen used costumes on an internal event in Denver, the one of Poe was there too, together with Rey's and others.I have checked the label in the original Poe suit, they are definitely made by Bermans & Nathans in London, same as the original suits for Luke.
So, special produced for TFA, it's not a common stock item.

Greetings,

Stef

The fabric looks way more red in the pics, blame my crappy basement lighting and iphone aperture. It is decidedly more orange in person. Here is a better pic for comparison.

RxqLyLO.jpg

7lC5mSJ.jpg

I used a poly double knit, doubled up for the fabric the weave seemed close to the suit. It is very soft and I will probably use it to line future cordura suits.

As for the pockets, I compared measurements, based off identified parts to calc out dimensions. The shin pockets may look smaller here as that particular suit is an XL for a friend, the pockets were measured from the smaller Jessica Pava suit on display in NYC and the Poe reference pics and probably look more to scale on my medium suit.

The blasters were from AprilStormProps on Etsy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/253661...ga_search_query=poe dameron&ref=sr_gallery_14

how can I get my hands on one of those blaster beauties?

oh about the flightsuit:
Great job!

constructive comments:
- Your color looks a bit too 'red' on the pictures, it should be more a very dirty orange, goi'n into red.
The pockets on the original costume, especially the one on it's hips (on the outside) are very wide, and form worn out bulky pockets.

The fabric structure you use is pretty cool, looks like the good texture to me :)

all together a very good job!!!

By the way (this is an insider)
I had the pleasure to see and handle some of the screen used costumes on an internal event in Denver, the one of Poe was there too, together with Rey's and others.I have checked the label in the original Poe suit, they are definitely made by Bermans & Nathans in London, same as the original suits for Luke.
So, special produced for TFA, it's not a common stock item.

Greetings,

Stef

I did a quick'n'rough test-print just to check some of the details and the fit. (I had to make more room inside for the Sig Sauer.) The final print will probably have the lower mesh box as a separate piece. It's a tricky one to print because there are undercuts that you barely notice (such as under the mesh box) but that need to be there if it's going to be close to screen accurate.
test_print.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back