Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    NAS Jacksonville
    Apr 21, 2015, 5:12 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #26

Got Maul said: View Post
    Would it be crazy to tell you that we're already working on a a prototype from the original material used from the same companies ?

*winking at you Frank.
    Wait... Are you hitting on me?

That's great to hear. I'll be waiting and watching.
  2. Official Licensee RPF Premium Member Got Maul's Avatar
    Apr 21, 2015, 3:24 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #27

At this point, you can always assume that Frank.
    From
    NAS Jacksonville
    May 4, 2015, 1:44 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #28

Just adding another pic for reference:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	745 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	472983
  4. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    South Dakota
    May 5, 2015, 2:40 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #29

Mara Jade's Father said: View Post
    Just adding another pic for reference:

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	745 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	472983
    I was just going to post this pic. It is the best shot of the boots so far. I have been pretty excited about this costume. I think it is probably the best one I have seen from the teasers, especially after seeing how uncomfortable the new stormtroopers look.

I believe I found the base boot. Check these out and see what you guys think. I found them on eBay. I am sure they are a knock off of whatever boot was screen used but it is pretty cheap and seems very close.

Name:	$_57.JPG 
Views:	306 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	473273
  5. Member Since
    Apr 2005
    From
    Germany
    May 5, 2015, 4:06 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #30

Hard to say what boots it is but it looks to me more similar to this one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	muckerboots.JPG 
Views:	473 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	473278
  6. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    Spain
    May 5, 2015, 4:50 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #31

Both of them have the exact same sole, right?
  7. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    South Dakota
    May 5, 2015, 6:10 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #32

Both boots look to be the same from the shaft down, and the second set looks to be a bit closer as far as the shaft itself. Looking at the photo of Poe walking toward the camera though, the boots he wears doesn't look to be that tall though. Perhaps there is a happy medium between the two, shorter shaft but similar.
  8. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    Spain
    May 5, 2015, 6:16 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #33

But the trousers are ON the boots, so you don't really see how tal they are...
    From
    New Hampshire, USA
    May 5, 2015, 6:47 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #34

KaanE said: View Post
    But the trousers are ON the boots, so you don't really see how tal they are...
    You can tell from his bent leg where his trousers hit the top of the boot, roughly.
  10. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    May 5, 2015, 9:45 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #35

I can't help but feel as if the side of the helmet is a cover for something. You can see an exposed bracket right by where the lenses are. Also I believe the orange lens is from a snowmobile modular helmet
    Last edited by eagle eye; May 5, 2015 at 9:54 AM.
    From
    NAS Jacksonville
    May 5, 2015, 11:20 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #36

ywingfighter said: View Post
    Hard to say what boots it is but it looks to me more similar to this one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	muckerboots.JPG 
Views:	473 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	473278
    from what has been shown, I would lean toward this one. Note the main area is lighter in color than the shaft, just like in the recent photo.

what kind and brand boot is this!

Boots are going to be an issue because even if you buy you suit/gear from Anovos, you still need to provide your own boots (based on current offerings).
    From
    St Catharines, ON
    May 5, 2015, 12:02 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #37

Kind is easy, they are mucker boots.

The problem is which exact model. It appears the main part of the boot is extremely common, probably Chinese made, but the shaft is what we need more reference pictures of. There are 100s existing styles all with the same base.

One other problem is the toe cap. The boot in the film has a smooth cap, and the close matches I've seen all have horizontal ridges.
  13. Member Since
    Apr 2005
    From
    Germany
    May 5, 2015, 1:00 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #38

I had buy a pair from ebay UK. You can remove the inner padding so the boots looks not so high.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-BLACK...3D321573623584

l
    Mara Jade's Father said: View Post
    from what has been shown, I would lean toward this one. Note the main area is lighter in color than the shaft, just like in the recent photo.

what kind and brand boot is this!

Boots are going to be an issue because even if you buy you suit/gear from Anovos, you still need to provide your own boots (based on current offerings).
    From
    NAS Jacksonville
    May 5, 2015, 4:50 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #39

JHVanOphem said: View Post
    Kind is easy, they are mucker boots.

The problem is which exact model. It appears the main part of the boot is extremely common, probably Chinese made, but the shaft is what we need more reference pictures of. There are 100s existing styles all with the same base.

One other problem is the toe cap. The boot in the film has a smooth cap, and the close matches I've seen all have horizontal ridges.
    The horizontal ridges maybe there but just obscured by low resolution. I've seen that plenty of times in the past. The best pict of the toes so far is the one with Poe walking toward the camera, and even the original image was not very crisp. The image i posted earlier in this thread was photoshopped for a crisper look. So very possible that detailing could have been lost.

But I agree that there are a lot of boots with similar bases. I think the only details about the shaft so far is that it is blacker than the base and the top is not very close fitting based on the image hanging off the X-Wing and how the leg of the appears.
    May 5, 2015, 5:11 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #40

If you look at a higher res version of that Vanity Fair pic, there are definitely horizontal lines on the toe.

Name:	i8yHGB2.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	382.8 KB 
ID:	473482
    From
    NAS Jacksonville
    May 5, 2015, 5:31 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #41

bh1138 said: View Post
    If you look at a higher res version of that Vanity Fair pic, there are definitely horizontal lines on the toe.

Views:	423 
Size:	382.8 KB 
ID:	473482
    Cool! Thanks!

Cleaned out the text.

Views:	309 
Size:	517.2 KB 
ID:	473486
  17. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    South Dakota
    May 5, 2015, 6:27 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #42

From a costuming point of view, I don't think the shaft is going to be a big issue. The pant legs are quite long and unless you are climbing onto your X-Wing, shouldn't show too much. I think the mucker boots probably are a bit closer to the correct shade besides being too tall. Either boot will probably be passable.
  18. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    South Dakota
    May 5, 2015, 6:31 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #43

Name:	i8yHGB22.jpg 
Views:	999 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	473533

Here it is, blown up a bit.
    From
    St Catharines, ON
    May 5, 2015, 7:23 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #44

Well then the smooth toe cap was a lie!

As for the top of the boot it looks to not very tall, 6-inch at most? It looks to be black in colour, any guesses on the material?
  20. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    May 5, 2015, 7:33 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #45

Those appear to be the right boots. I have a pair and it matches the back as far as pattern but not material you just can't see it from that angle. It does look like maybe the material might be different for just those parts. Its kind of hard to explain. The adam driver is really telling now that we know what we know. It looks like the flight suit didn't fit him right. and you can see most of the boot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Driver_3040986b.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	473550
    May 5, 2015, 11:24 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #46

I for one REALLY REALLY like this costume. The only thing I'm not quite sold on is the helmet from the front perspective. From the side it looks great though.

If there's any costume so far from the new movie I'd have an interest in owning it's this pilot suit. Fits right in with the 30 years of improvement look. I look forward to seeing everyone's progress in dissecting the suit.
  22. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    South Dakota
    May 5, 2015, 11:25 PM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #47

With that picture, even from the distance, it looks like the mucker shaft material, just not the same height. I suppose you could cut them down but it really doesn't seem like a big deal unless Poe is the only character that doesn't tuck his pants in. I hate to think that is the case though, I think they look much better out of the boots.
    From
    NAS Jacksonville
    May 6, 2015, 12:06 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #48

SmilingFox said: View Post
    With that picture, even from the distance, it looks like the mucker shaft material, just not the same height. I suppose you could cut them down but it really doesn't seem like a big deal unless Poe is the only character that doesn't tuck his pants in. I hate to think that is the case though, I think they look much better out of the boots.
    That picture to blurry to confirm height. To me it either looks like his pants are shorter.... Or... He has them tucked into the boots but then blouses over to cover the tops.

I think the mucker boots pictured are pretty consistent with what we see in the photos through the pant legs.

Also note the other pilot in the first post does not tuck his pant legs.

btw: military pilots this day and age are required to tuck their boots and gloves under their flight suit. Otherwise in a crash, those items can act like funnels and allow flammable liquid to get to your skin.
    From
    Westchester, NY
    May 6, 2015, 9:05 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #49

They more than likely used the entire rubber bottom section and added their own custom upper.
    From
    Michigan
    May 7, 2015, 9:30 AM - Re: So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron? #50

Think I may have found the belt they are using.&nbsp; http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLCE-ARMY-Is...item45fbccc86d <br><br>Looks to be this one flipped "inside out" from what I can make out in that heroic glorious hair blowing in the wind image.

And yeah, I am seriously frakking excited about this costume.
    Last edited by Angelariel; May 7, 2015 at 9:35 AM.