So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

I'm going to get much better pics taken when I'm off on Monday, but this was the flightsuit yesterday when it was 99% finished. I did the last little bits like adding the "pen loops", hemming the legs, and adding hook and eye closures to the collar today and it's a wrap unless new things are revealed. It's not anywhere near that eye-bleedingly bright in person. :p

IMG_5267.JPG

Well done Angelariel! This is the 1st complete TFA X-wing flight suit I have seen. What color did you end up settling on? Still looks orange yes? What color are the knit cuffs? In the behind the scenes twitter photo they look grey (like yours) in another photo they look black.

2v1ripy.png

VS.

641dte.png

Thanks! :D

I ended up using a nice deep orange 9 ounce cotton duck from Joann since Westex/Milliken would never return any inquires about their Indura cotton fabric yardage sales. So I went with the next best thing. The orange of the sleeve trim and the fabric of the suit both seem to match up with that image you posted pretty much spot on.

The cuff are a dark grey rib knit fabric close in color to all the belts.

Does anyone know anywhere else to get the chest box hose, hose world doesn't ship to the U.S. and I can't find that type of hose anywhere else.
I'm also needing a pair of gloves if anyone has an extra they'd be willing to sell.

Does anyone know anywhere else to get the chest box hose, hose world doesn't ship to the U.S. and I can't find that type of hose anywhere else.
I'm also needing a pair of gloves if anyone has an extra they'd be willing to sell.

Somebody posted a german site back on page 4 I think Don't know if it's sending to anywhere outside Europe though. Just to be curious what size are you going for?
Paul

How about vintage gas masks? Easy to find in every milsur store. 250px-Gas_mask_MUA_IMGP0157.jpg

Wooly do you have a complete hi res shot of that second picture?

That's the best I've seen, I was after a clear shot of the plate on the ejection harness, but I'd love to get my hands on the whole picture - there is so much detail, e.g. the weave on the ejection harness.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Still looks like they took the weapons real barrel and put add-ons to it. The add ons may not be the same diameter but the internal barrel still looks like it would line up.

I agree with MJF. Just cut my Sig Sauer andit looks quite accurate.
IMG_5367.JPG

Here my WIP:
IMG_5366.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5367.JPG
    IMG_5367.JPG
    865.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5366.JPG
    IMG_5366.JPG
    817.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_5367.JPG
    IMG_5367.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 225
  • IMG_5366.JPG
    IMG_5366.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 285
Last edited:
I agree with MJF. Just cut my Sig Sauer andit looks quite accurate.
View attachment 540546

Here my WIP:

View attachment 540547

Looks pretty good, Chachov, will look great when it's done. I intend to do roughly the same but, I am toying with the idea of removing the slide section first, before cutting down to just infront of the trigger guard. Not sure on the trigger either at the moment contemplating removing the fitted one, cutting a slot into the grip before scratching a new one and just creating a space for a spring to allow it to slide a little.

Paul

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back