So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

Picked up the (close enough) boots.

Was holding off on more parts, but sounds like I need to jump on gloves as soon as I can. ;-)

hey guys you might be better placed to assist, i'm on the hunt for some half-way decent reference shots of poe's blaster, i had a few toy shots but should use some better angles (top and sides and anything else you guys know about it

this was my quick 2 hour draft last night

MUQ9wod.jpg

HPim8ET.jpg

hey guys you might be better placed to assist, i'm on the hunt for some half-way decent reference shots of poe's blaster, i had a few toy shots but should use some better angles (top and sides and anything else you guys know about it

this was my quick 2 hour draft last night

http://i.imgur.com/MUQ9wod.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HPim8ET.jpg

That is looking cool. I haven't seen any good quality photos of the actual prop yet. But i would be suprised if that exposed tube and the emitter were not concentric. Do you have any pics to suggest they are not?

I used a shot of the 18" and another shot a buddy found in the depths of google

IeKUdYW.jpg

8MuPqr0.jpg

iqy3vFX.jpg

the american 18" toy also has a different groove under the magazine area of the gun so some dif molds about clearly haha would be interesting to see the 30" version if its any different

vaqW8L9.jpg

even the 3'75 has the offset barrel albeit small

Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Black-Series-Poe-Dameron-Review-blaster.jpg

Sorry, to me is still doesn't look like an offset barrel or a small mid section.

maybe this angle helps somewhat ?

uM8UmLL.jpg

that's of course not to say the toy isn't inaccurate we already can see the sights are not a match for the screen gun so this could also be a defect in the design, however thee is defo an offset on the centers on the toy at least

I Defo agree that from a functional point of view it would make more sense for it to be a continuous barrel but then again this is starwars and logic need not always apply haha

Still looks like they took the weapons real barrel and put add-ons to it. The add ons may not be the same diameter but the internal barrel still looks like it would line up.

Still looks like they took the weapons real barrel and put add-ons to it. The add ons may not be the same diameter but the internal barrel still looks like it would line up.

will have to agree to disagree on that one then from having this toy in my hands it just doesn't look that way at all to me albeit a fruitless debate as the screen prop may well align with your theory (which i think is wholly plasuable

1kxrhHd.png

Close-Up:

DPBVpPc.png

Attachments

• DPBVpPc.png
    DPBVpPc.png
    757 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
will have to agree to disagree on that one then from having this toy in my hands it just doesn't look that way at all to me albeit a fruitless debate as the screen prop may well align with your theory (which i think is wholly plasuable

View attachment 537060

Close-Up:

http://i.imgur.com/DPBVpPc.png

If that toy is accurate, I'd say you're right. The question is, is that toy accurate? I dunno. But gotta say I'm impressed with your efforts so far. Put me on your interest list! ;)

So which is the correct upper?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I apologize that I'm not at liberty to reveal the correct boot, but in this thread you'll find lots of discussion of the details that can be seen above the foot shell which are not present on these boots. There must be dozens of shoes using similar rubber bottom shells.

Now that the gloves have been positively ID'ed, I thought I'd share a few more pictures which could help in hunting them down! They're old stock and hard to find, but knowing that there are more than one variant could broaden your search. They were also made with an acrylic fleece lining, and from the outside they're indistinguishable from the kevlar-lined split-thumb gauntlets. Here are photos of the kevlar in size Medium and the fleece in Large. My hands fit both, though the large is more comfortable. You can see here the difference in how the padded sections are scaled and distributed throughout the hand and forearm:

XWING_GLOVES_FLC-L_TAG_zpsqurlysqg.jpg

XWING_GLOVES_FLC-L_LINER_zpskyf4zzxa.jpg

XWING_GLOVES_FLC-L_zpsikahb2tb.jpg

XWING_GLOVES_KEV_M_zpso1zuu1ph.jpg

XWING_GLOVES_KEV_M_TAG_zpsrhcpvt6c.jpg

The m300 is very similar but not the same. I just got a pair (cheap, £15 and freepost) and should be adaptable with a bit of work. The thumb only has 1 pad the length of the thumb unlike the SB ones which has two as shown in the preceeding pictures.

Paul

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back